Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
Re: bill clinton: the best republican president we've ever had? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1677871 - 07/01/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I replied to Innvertigo because I was answering his question first, then I quoted you to answer your question. Understand it now?

"The point was since you missed it, is that it was her money to begin with.

Clinton gave you nothing that wasn't already hers"

No I didn't miss that point. But you do realize that since the beginnings of America (after the Articles of Confederacy) that the federal government taxed people. Now, some presidents choose to give most of the money which will be returned to people who don't need it other than to line there pockets with gold. And some presidents have chosen to give money to people who need it. Clinton was the latter.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: bill clinton: the best republican president we've ever had? [Re: Gixxer_boy]
    #1677878 - 07/01/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Then since once again you've missed the point.... specify that.

here I'll show you how.

Invertigo said:

and then....

luvdemshrooms said:

See how easy it is?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: bill clinton: the best republican president we've ever had? [Re: Gixxer_boy]
    #1677892 - 07/01/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

But you do realize that since the beginnings of America (after the Articles of Confederacy) that the federal government taxed people.

Since we are talking about income taxes,

And...

Since you're going to be a college boy, you should know that income taxes started in 1913.

Hardly the beginning of America.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: bill clinton: the best republican president we've ever had? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1677940 - 07/01/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Come in luvvie say it: "Clinton did a good thing." Just once and you get this:  :print:

Hey, that ain't a sporeprint, it's a donut.  Oh well, have a sporeprint. 

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: bill clinton: the best republican president we've ever had? [Re: hongomon]
    #1677953 - 07/01/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

In order to say that I'd have to lie. I don't lie.

He did the smallest bit of respect from me when he played his sax on Leno (I think it was Leno).

Not because of talent, but because it was a very "unstuffy" thing to do.

--------------------

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

#1677964 - 07/01/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I was talking about taxes in general. I do realize that income tax is a relatively new thing.

"Then since once again you've missed the point.... specify that.

here I'll show you how."

You do realize that you're quotes don't include the original speakers name either? Oh wait, you're just being hypocritical, I thought only the pot-smoking complaining hippy liberals did that?

--------------------
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1677968 - 07/01/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wrong again bucko..... look again and you'll see....

Re: Gixxer_boy

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1677974 - 07/01/03 08:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I was talking about taxes in general.

Nice try.

You said....
"He gave my family alot of money back from taxes."

The feds generally only return income taxes. Unless you'd care to specify which other taxes the feds sent you back?

--------------------

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1677975 - 07/01/03 08:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

No  :print: for you.

:frown: 

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: bill clinton: the best republican president we've ever had? [Re: hongomon]
    #1677992 - 07/01/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'll get over it..... someday.
:sad:

--------------------

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

#1678007 - 07/01/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You were complaining about me not typing someones name at the beginning of a quote, even though the post was a reply to the writer of the quote (in this case you). Then, when you quoted me, you did the same thing I did. You replied to my post, but you're quote did not specify the original speaker, as you told me I should do. Wtf are we arguing about this?

"Nice try.

You said....
"He gave my family alot of money back from taxes."

The feds generally only return income taxes. Unless you'd care to specify which other taxes the feds sent you back? "

I was speaking about federal income tax returns originally, but by saying that taxes came about after the articles of confederation, I meant federal taxes in general, even though they were only tariffs on items imported and such I believe.

Why make such a big deal out of such little things? It's kind of annoying to have to explain every little miscommunication between our posts.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1678033 - 07/01/03 08:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

You were complaining about me not typing someones name at the beginning of a quote, even though the post was a reply to the writer of the quote (in this case you).

No, I complained that you didn't make clear who you were responding to.

Quote:

Then, when you quoted me, you did the same thing I did. You replied to my post, but you're quote did not specify the original speaker, as you told me I should do.

Because I clicked on "reply", your name showed up in the subject line. Since it was in the subject line it would have been redundant to also include it in the text body.

Quote:

Wtf are we arguing about this?

Merely trying to educate you grasshopper.

Quote:

Why make such a big deal out of such little things?

It makes life easier when people read the posts. You and I may know but someone coming along and reading may not. It's a simple courtesy. Plus the devil is in the details.

Quote:

It's kind of annoying to have to explain every little miscommunication between our posts.

Then go with the flow when posting. It makes life easier for all.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order