Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Media Bias
    #1677654 - 07/01/03 08:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This man is brilliant.

Media Bias

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Media Bias [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1677680 - 07/01/03 08:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Good article. I think there shouldn't be any bias in the news.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1677683 - 07/01/03 08:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
This man is brilliant.

Media Bias

You seem to be in awe of alot of people.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Media Bias [Re: Zahid]
    #1677692 - 07/01/03 08:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

You seem to be in awe of alot of people.

So in a world of billions, the dozen or so I've expressed admiration for is too many for you?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1677703 - 07/01/03 08:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's too many for anyone.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1677713 - 07/01/03 08:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ding Ding Ding....
the award for the lamest cocksucker on the board goes to.....

zAHID.

Your prize? A hijab to blow your nose in.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1677733 - 07/01/03 08:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Just playing ball your way, luvdem.  :wink: 

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1677737 - 07/01/03 08:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No, you don't have what it takes.

Not even a good try.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1677743 - 07/01/03 08:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Touche. You are one to speak. You're the king of one liners.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1677938 - 07/01/03 10:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, Thomas Sowell is definitely one very smart cookie. Not only is he smart, but he is very good at getting his ideas across concisely and simply -- a rare skill in itself. I look forward to each of his columns.

Here in the Dominican Republic it is an enormously expensive undertaking to get books (or anything for that matter) through customs, but I intend to order buy several of his books on my next vacation to Canada.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Media Bias [Re: Phred]
    #1678085 - 07/01/03 11:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, fox news must really be "fair and balanced". DOWN WITH NPR! FUCKING COMMIES! (/sarcasm)

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Media Bias [Re: Malachi]
    #1678162 - 07/01/03 11:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Malachi writes:

yeah, fox news must really be "fair and balanced".

This is all that Sowell has to say about Fox News:

"The remarkable success of Fox News, with its motto of "We report, you decide," suggests that many people suspect much of the mainstream media of filtering and slanting the news. Unfortunately, such suspicions are all too well founded."

Does he claim anywhere that Fox News is "fair and balanced?" Nope. He suggests that the success of Fox News is due to peoples' (correct) perception that CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, New York Times and other mainstream media are left-biased. He then gives specific examples of such bias.

Read what he says, not what you think he says.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1678167 - 07/01/03 11:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Why hasn't the media reported on the plight of the Kurds in Turkey?

Seems like a leftist goldmine, don't they think Turkish Kurds sell cars and hot pockets?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1678189 - 07/01/03 11:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Now there you go....
... thinking people should actually read.

You radical!

--------------------

Anonymous

#1678208 - 07/01/03 11:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

go film another scatplay orgy with your kids and let robbie fuck you in the ass again you shitfag.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Media Bias [Re: ]
    #1678211 - 07/01/03 11:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fiend said:
go film another scatplay orgy with your kids and let robbie fuck you in the ass again you shitfag. 

Such a cute little guy.  :lol:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1678253 - 07/02/03 12:12 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:evil:

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1678346 - 07/02/03 12:56 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

wow, you're obviously in a hard spot, trying to defend fox "faux" news and all, but to resort to nit picky syntax rebuttals? lame.

"The remarkable success of Fox News.....many people suspect much of the mainstream media of filtering....suspicions are all too well founded"

if that isn't an endorsement... regardless, if fox is the unfiltered, unslanted source of info that this fellow claims, then that would be equivalent to "fair and balanced" in my book.

which is ludicrous, obviously.

read the coherent content, not just the words.

behind every conservative young person is a story about not being good at hackey sack.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #1678552 - 07/02/03 01:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I wish everyone would stop putting this issue in black and white... this argument can never end because both sides are right. There is liberal bias and conservative bias. It just depends where you look.

For example, conservatives dominate cable TV... try to name one solo liberal debate show host. They recently fired Donahue because he was too anti-war, so he's gone. What is there on the right? You got Bill O'Reilly, Joe Scarborough (O'Reilly II), Michael Savage, Lou Dobbs, to name a few.

On the other side, it seems pretty evident that there is more of a liberal bias in the printed media.

This, to me, is not as big an issue as most make it out to me, because those of us who care about the news will find it on our own, from where we want, and hopefully get objective news. I, for example, like reading The Guardian Online... the UK actually has some independent media free from bias.

I just wish we would have major independent media in this country.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Media Bias [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1678559 - 07/02/03 02:01 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Zahid, whos the Pauly Shore looking man in your sig?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion