Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
a pc without a gauge
    #1677403 - 07/01/03 06:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

a foafoafoaf has a pressure cooker without a gauge, apparently it lets off steam at an appropriate time. has anyone encountered this, will it work or will my foafoafoaf blow up?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: a pc without a gauge [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1677414 - 07/01/03 06:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It should be in the manual. They generally are around 14-15 psi. (0.9 - 1 Bars) when reached max. pressure inside. But you better check the manual.

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

OfflineShaMan1988
ShaMaN InC.
Loc: my room, my house, my rul...
    #1677415 - 07/01/03 06:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

afoaf has a pc with a gauge. he notes that at right around 15psi, the pressure release valve...with the loose part starts swinging in a constant motion...releasing a small amount of steam. if your friend has this on his non-gauge indicated pc....perhaps he can use this as a tool....
perhaps...

shaman

Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: a pc without a gauge [Re: ShaMan1988]
    #1677528 - 07/01/03 07:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

this might help as well...

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23526

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

OfflineZodiacz
Simply Amazing
Loc: Over Here Now
    #1677916 - 07/01/03 10:09 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've been using the same type for a few different projects and it is perfectly fine for sterilization. I am pretty sure it is set to release pressure at 15 lbs or so. Just use medium heat once it gets going strong.  :thumbup: :thumbup: 

--------------------
YUM YUM EAT EM UP !

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: a pc without a gauge [Re: Zodiacz]
    #1678304 - 07/02/03 12:40 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

my freind has a sm. shitty pc w/ no gauge( same type as described above ) he usually waits till it starts to steam and then times it for an hour. most of the time it works fine but some times all the jars contam. and he wonders if he should cook them longer or if it was just a bad print ? any ways, keep an eye on the water level, the pc's that steam lose a lot of water - and nothing sucks like having your house smell like burnt grain jars ! ( some of you know what i'm talking about ! )

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: a pc without a gauge [Re: DSD]
    #1678652 - 07/02/03 02:29 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The way to use a PC with just a rocker valve -- a weight you drop on top -- is this:

Turn the stove on high.  Wait until a good jet of steam starts coming out of the top and then drop on the weight.  Careful, live steam is hot.  :wink:

Keep the PC on high until the weight starts rattling.  You'll know when this happens.  It'll kind go "fthplbllblp!" and rattle loudly.  Then you turn the heat gradually until it's only releasing steam like that a few times a minute.  If it keeps rattling constantly, that means that it's overpressure and might be building up pressure. 

The way the rattle-valve works is that, when properly set, the PC gets slightly overpressure, and then the thing rattles and lets the steam out.  Then the PC is slightly underpressure, and waits until the steam builds up again...lather, rinse, repeat.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: a pc without a gauge [Re: Sev]
    #1679289 - 07/02/03 07:00 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

excelentt, it sounds like my foafoafoaf is not going to blow up. a second ? dosent the water level get thrown off in your jars, in the pc, if they have holes in the lids, what should be done?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by zippoz (07/02/03 07:01 AM)

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1682089 - 07/03/03 02:04 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You can tape the holes in the lids, or put an aluminum foil cap over 'em, but I don't really worry too much about it.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation