Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
A question from a newbie shroomer.
    #1677059 - 07/01/03 03:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have known about magic mushrooms all my life but only recently had the chance to try them. Boy was I impressed with this little fungus. A friend found them in a cow pasture. We checked them out and they were the real thing. They were PSILOCYBE CUBENSIS. I was looking into trying to grow them from the fresh 'shrooms we found.

My question is Why cant you just dig up the ground and 'shroom around  where the 'shrooms are growing and bring it indoors?

Wouldnt they keep growing if the temp and humidity are right? Why do all the instructions that I have found so far call for LOTS of prep work; sterilizing jars and mixing up exotig grow mediums.

These things are growing wild on a pile of cow shit. Why all the fuss on getting them to grow?

Any help would be nice 'cause I REALLY want to grow these things at home. They are MUCH better than weed :thumbup:

Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: A question from a newbie shroomer. [Re: niteowl]
    #1677159 - 07/01/03 04:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

it could work,but would be susceptible (sp) to contamination. Shrooms need "good" bacteria present in order to realize its full potential. that is why over pasteurizing (sterilizing) bulk substrates renders it more incompatible with the thriving mycelia. It also explains why being too "clean" with your grow can sometimes have an adverse effect.

starting a growth indoors (as in Pf jars) and burying them in the back yard a la outdoor tek yields very good results. but vise versa??? don't know. Try it out and report back.

Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Re: A question from a newbie shroomer. [Re: niteowl]
    #1677163 - 07/01/03 04:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Technically i suppose it is possible to do what your saying. The only problem would be in nature contaminates are fighting against natural deterents where as indoors they are not and could run rampid. Thats why all the prep work your speaking of is so important. Also who knows if you would get another flush after moving the "area" the mushrooms are in indoors.

Just read up on the PF Tek its incredibly simple once you get a grasp on it. You could also read up on spore printing and try to take a print of the wild cubes you are finding.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation