Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
Newbie post on first growth
    #1676948 - 07/01/03 02:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Whats up yallllll!!!!!
    I innoced 8 jars last Sat. June 28th my first jars ever. Today I checked them and 2 of them have little round white spots in like 3 or 4 places. This is the normal start of the myc right? :cool: :confused: :cool: :laugh: I know this is ghey noob shit but damn I feel accomplished. Cause doesent this mean that the others will probably start soon also? Its between 75 and 80 in my room and humidity is 75% the jar lids are tight and the tape is on the holes. Thank all of u for getting me this far.....Im gonna make a grow log :mushroom2: :rocket:

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedickmcplentie
Traveler
Loc: Orions Belt at the moment
Re: Newbie post on first growth [Re: MOE.shrooms]
    #1677009 - 07/01/03 03:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, a grow log your first time out huh? Good luck!!!

Sounds like you are just a few days behind my Sloth, Pat. She inocculated 6 jars a few days earlier than you. PF, B+, Treasure & EQ. So far she has one near fully colonized Treasure Coast jar and all the others show no signs at all, icluding contams. She figures there has to be a problem with the spore source, perhaps the syringes where just low in spore content or the mail system over heated them... Who knows? She is going to wait for some time before she clears these jars. I think she is going to start only checking jars twice a week. It's totally a psycological trick (watched pot never boils) maybe thats all the karma she needs

--------------------
The above statement has been a figment of my imagination. Niether the statement nor the writer is real, we are both fiction & should not be taken seriously in any way

OfflineSmoly
lover

Re: Newbie post on first growth [Re: dickmcplentie]
    #1677054 - 07/01/03 03:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Congrats! I know the feeling... it's great! And then you start learning and getting better and you feel so proud :smile:

If these are PF tek brown rice flour jars, take the tape off the holes; you don't need it. The layer of vermiculite provides a good layer for protection against infection and if you keep the holes open the process may go faster because there's better air exchange. Just make sure you have a verm layer that covers your substrate completely. And humidity doesn't really matter at this point... just keep in them in a dark, warm (75-85F)place.

Keep up the good work.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Newbie post on first growth [Re: Smoly]
    #1677856 - 07/01/03 09:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, congrats!  My kitten is at the same stage you are! :smile:  Her PR's just took off, it was insane.  Growth after three days!  The South Africans are taking a little longer.  The strangest thing about her jars is that the jars that she reported having grayish substrate colors are now slowly turning white.  :confused:  Like all the gray stuff is gradually becoming more and more white with every day...its weird.  Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread!  Good luck and keep us posted!  Newbies unite! Yei!!!!  :smile:

-Shade

OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
Re: Newbie post on first growth [Re: MOTH]
    #1677896 - 07/01/03 10:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well thank you for your response. Im growin GT and South Africans. Im gonna make another post in about a week if growth continues, and ive been takin pics with the digital cam. So once something worth showing happens.....well.... ill show it PEACEEEEEE

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation