Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
What's my chances on this clone? A few questions.
    #1676800 - 07/01/03 01:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I followed the tek as per nans nook. http://www.nansnook.com/archives/3765.html

The only difference was I added broken glass to a jar, sterilised in a PC and then in a bleach sprayed glove box introduced the peeled stipe tissue (via a denatured alcohol burned blade) off a large GT shroom from a 2nd flush on cased WBS to 3% H202...

...and by swishing, it was blended/chopped. Then sucked up 10ml of this gunk into a large syringe and injected to 100ml water with 1.25 metric teaspoons dextrose PC sterilised solution. Pic of it in dextrose solution. I'm glad I used a wide bore needle, it was like pulling a golf ball through a garden hose.

If H202 at 3% (the usual strength most folks can get) is not strong enough, what's my chances on a stronger percentage? I have 50% H2O2, it will bleach skin.

Or is the argument that H2O2 damages tissue reason for people to shy from such practice?

Final questions.
I read further in the given site, hippie3 said it failed twice for him and nan at that point hadn't given it a rumble, is that because 3% H202 is too weak in killing potential contaminates or because those that failed attempted this in open air?

I guess if it fails, I can attempt stage 2 -- "tips if culture contaminates" -- of that tek. Ominous that there's a stage 2, it wouldn't have been authored without reason lol. I hope it's not the "oven-tek" (a.k.a dud) of cloning?

Has anyone made clones this way to comment on their success and/or failures? TIA.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: What's my chances on this clone? A few questions. [Re: Starter]
    #1676988 - 07/01/03 02:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You can use septum plugs and what-not and you shouldn't even need H2O2, but if you must, don't go above 20% of a 3% solution. If you used 3% solution straight and put mycelium into it and broke it upp and swished it around, chances are most of it is dead, if not all of it.

There's nothing really wrong with H2O2, IMO, except selective breeding, of course, and slower growth. I say use it if you are having contaminant problems, but if you aren't, why bother?

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: What's my chances on this clone? A few questions. [Re: micro]
    #1677072 - 07/01/03 03:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i agree with micro, if you're doing this in a sterile glovebox, then the h202 isn't even entirely necessary, but is a good precaution. the only real reason i could see for failure is too high a concentration of h202.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1677103 - 07/01/03 03:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

3% will do just fine man. You could even dilute it a bit by adding water to the solution. You might need to, that's a big syringe. You most likely won't get contam problems if the water is reasonably sterile as well as the procedures. 50% would absolutely need to be diluted for use in your operation. If I was in your situation, I'd make two separate solutions. One towards the strong side, maybe 10% and another would be 3%. Combine 1 part 10% and 2 parts 3% if your are having contam probs with just 3% and water.

--------------------

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What's my chances on this clone? A few questions. [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1678498 - 07/02/03 01:42 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the input folks. If it fails, I'll repeat the plan and trial too with and without H202. From that untested to mainstream tek, they used neat 3% H2O2 but in the "post-blend" stage. In this dextrose solution (after 3% H202 "blending"), it's 10ml of 3% H202 to 100ml water. I didn't use the full syringe volume. Too early to tell if the solution made has failed or succeeded. I guess I'll know within a week. At least one thing with shrooms, everything is very fast so down time is virtually non existant. :smile: 

--------------------

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1687946 - 07/05/03 02:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well, it worked so far. :smile:

Now looking more "fluff like" than "ribbon tissue like"...as it was when it was done.

Clone solution in test on 5 PF cakes. If free of contams, then I'll do some grains with it.

As this tek I used appears to have few if any folks endorsing it, I'll report back on the cakes and grains in due time. 

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: What's my chances on this clone? A few questions. [Re: flow]
    #1689529 - 07/06/03 05:24 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

There is no such thing as a perfectly sterile glovebox. Use h202 always when cloning!!!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation