Home | Community | Message Board


High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineqman
Stranger

Registered: 12/06/06
Posts: 33,624
Last seen: 9 hours, 25 minutes
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #26404577 - 12/28/19 12:00 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
It’s hilarious as fuck you almost got accidentally banned for doing what you say people are unjustifiably accusing you of doing .




You're going to have to spell it out for me, I'm not catching on.  :shrug:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger
Registered: 04/28/17
Posts: 1,884
Last seen: 1 day, 6 hours
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman]
    #26404590 - 12/28/19 12:09 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Well looks like you almost got caught up in a blanket ban of what some mod thought was a bunch of racist hate preachers . People accuse you of doing that you say you don’t .  I don’t care what you say or if you get banned or not I  just thought the whole thing is kinda  funny .


--------------------



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Registered: 12/28/19
Posts: 48
Last seen: 6 months, 9 days
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: Psilynut2]
    #26404607 - 12/28/19 12:21 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Real life picture of shroomery mods




Qman you are not alone


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Registered: 03/12/12
Posts: 2,717
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman]
    #26404615 - 12/28/19 12:29 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
I'm not sure what type of "trolling" you think I'm engaging in on these forums, so if you have any specific examples, I'm all ears.
I'm pretty sure almost every member here has engaged in playing the devils advocate in one form or another, but that's not really trolling in my opinion.



I’m using ‘trolling’ here loosely to mean say, posting to purposefully get a rise out of someone.

Also chill snowflake, don’t get your panties in such a bunch so fast, I even specifically said that there are broader reasons for posting than logical debate In a political forum, and not something I thought was automatically bannable. 

Quote:

If my memory serves me correct, yourself and Fal have had many disagreements about Trump and Russian involvement. When he asks for evidence for your claim and you come up with nothing for that claim, was that trolling?



It was more like I came to the conclusion that Fal didn’t consider the things damning that I considered damning, that he was ok with the level of involvement that I see as treasonous, and I don’t gain much from spending the time trying to convince him that he should see these obviously anti-american activities as what they are.  That Fal has an excuse for the evidence, doesn’t make it any less evidence.  But more specifically I bowed out around when it became clear documents and people we could all find and read were being consistently misconstrued and mischaracterized to pretend an obviously false narrative existed, and if we can’t agree on basic facts, it’s just a bunch of words being thrown past each other.
 
Quote:

Or is trolling just people that you disagree with on the political spectrum?  If that's the case, you have now proven how closed minded you are when it comes to political discussion.



I consider your consistent nature to jump to hyperbolic assumptions about others and put claims into their mouths either directly or through ‘just asking question’  in your imagined world to be a facet of trolling for emotional reactions over substance.  If you wanted it spelled out. But not trolling in the sense of against the rules, bannable, offense.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Registered: 12/28/19
Posts: 48
Last seen: 6 months, 9 days
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: StygianKnight]
    #26404638 - 12/28/19 12:44 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

No the mods are biased little pussies.

Sui banned a guy for not liking his music for fucks sake and then claimed he was a puppet after arguing with the guy for like 4 pages.

Evidence here : https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26399958#26399958

Mods need a binki and naptime imo


Edited by BigChumpus (12/28/19 12:45 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineqman
Stranger

Registered: 12/06/06
Posts: 33,624
Last seen: 9 hours, 25 minutes
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #26404688 - 12/28/19 01:09 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Well looks like you almost got caught up in a blanket ban of what some mod thought was a bunch of racist hate preachers . People accuse you of doing that you say you don’t .  I don’t care what you say or if you get banned or not I  just thought the whole thing is kinda  funny .




You should care if any member gets banned based on an emotional response from a mod, instead of violating the forum rules.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCitizen X
Call me Pepper,,
Other User Gallery
Registered: 01/19/14
Posts: 7,385
Loc: Djibouti
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman] * 1
    #26404711 - 12/28/19 01:23 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

I’ve read your posts and was happy when you got perma’d and I’m sad that they let you back. You devolve any conversation that you don’t agree with and just make the forum suck basically

Take this as constructive criticism

I won’t be here as long as you’re here. So have at it


--------------------


Rate me here


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Registered: 07/29/10
Posts: 2,299
Last seen: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: StygianKnight]
    #26404724 - 12/28/19 01:30 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:
Quote:

qman said:
I'm not sure what type of "trolling" you think I'm engaging in on these forums, so if you have any specific examples, I'm all ears.
I'm pretty sure almost every member here has engaged in playing the devils advocate in one form or another, but that's not really trolling in my opinion.



I’m using ‘trolling’ here loosely to mean say, posting to purposefully get a rise out of someone.

Also chill snowflake, don’t get your panties in such a bunch so fast, I even specifically said that there are broader reasons for posting than logical debate In a political forum, and not something I thought was automatically bannable. 

Quote:

If my memory serves me correct, yourself and Fal have had many disagreements about Trump and Russian involvement. When he asks for evidence for your claim and you come up with nothing for that claim, was that trolling?



It was more like I came to the conclusion that Fal didn’t consider the things damning that I considered damning, that he was ok with the level of involvement that I see as treasonous, and I don’t gain much from spending the time trying to convince him that he should see these obviously anti-american activities as what they are.  That Fal has an excuse for the evidence, doesn’t make it any less evidence.  But more specifically I bowed out around when it became clear documents and people we could all find and read were being consistently misconstrued and mischaracterized to pretend an obviously false narrative existed, and if we can’t agree on basic facts, it’s just a bunch of words being thrown past each other.
 
Quote:

Or is trolling just people that you disagree with on the political spectrum?  If that's the case, you have now proven how closed minded you are when it comes to political discussion.



I consider your consistent nature to jump to hyperbolic assumptions about others and put claims into their mouths either directly or through ‘just asking question’  in your imagined world to be a facet of trolling for emotional reactions over substance.  If you wanted it spelled out. But not trolling in the sense of against the rules, bannable, offense.




Well put!


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineqman
Stranger

Registered: 12/06/06
Posts: 33,624
Last seen: 9 hours, 25 minutes
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: Citizen X] * 1
    #26404759 - 12/28/19 01:48 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
I’ve read your posts and was happy when you got perma’d and I’m sad that they let you back. You devolve any conversation that you don’t agree with and just make the forum suck basically

Take this as constructive criticism

I won’t be here as long as you’re here. So have at it




There's nothing constructive about it unless you can provide specific examples, but I'm not going to expect those examples from someone who is controlled by their emotions instead of rational thought. :shrug:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Registered: 12/28/19
Posts: 48
Last seen: 6 months, 9 days
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman]
    #26404762 - 12/28/19 01:50 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Keep in mind citizen made a post calling for clearer rules

He doesnt like you so hes ok with you bein banned under arbitrary rules

Hypocrisy comes in beautiful rays of stupidity


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineqman
Stranger

Registered: 12/06/06
Posts: 33,624
Last seen: 9 hours, 25 minutes
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: StygianKnight]
    #26404764 - 12/28/19 01:52 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:
Quote:

qman said:
I'm not sure what type of "trolling" you think I'm engaging in on these forums, so if you have any specific examples, I'm all ears.
I'm pretty sure almost every member here has engaged in playing the devils advocate in one form or another, but that's not really trolling in my opinion.



I’m using ‘trolling’ here loosely to mean say, posting to purposefully get a rise out of someone.

Also chill snowflake, don’t get your panties in such a bunch so fast, I even specifically said that there are broader reasons for posting than logical debate In a political forum, and not something I thought was automatically bannable. 

Quote:

If my memory serves me correct, yourself and Fal have had many disagreements about Trump and Russian involvement. When he asks for evidence for your claim and you come up with nothing for that claim, was that trolling?



It was more like I came to the conclusion that Fal didn’t consider the things damning that I considered damning, that he was ok with the level of involvement that I see as treasonous, and I don’t gain much from spending the time trying to convince him that he should see these obviously anti-american activities as what they are.  That Fal has an excuse for the evidence, doesn’t make it any less evidence.  But more specifically I bowed out around when it became clear documents and people we could all find and read were being consistently misconstrued and mischaracterized to pretend an obviously false narrative existed, and if we can’t agree on basic facts, it’s just a bunch of words being thrown past each other.
 
Quote:

Or is trolling just people that you disagree with on the political spectrum?  If that's the case, you have now proven how closed minded you are when it comes to political discussion.



I consider your consistent nature to jump to hyperbolic assumptions about others and put claims into their mouths either directly or through ‘just asking question’  in your imagined world to be a facet of trolling for emotional reactions over substance.  If you wanted it spelled out. But not trolling in the sense of against the rules, bannable, offense.




Maybe the people that have emotional responses to my posts have the issue here, that's a distinct possibility, correct?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Registered: 12/28/19
Posts: 48
Last seen: 6 months, 9 days
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman] * 1
    #26404771 - 12/28/19 01:55 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

We live in an incredibly polarized age where people would rather go thier corners and circle jerk than meet in the middle and step out of the comfort zone

You step into that middle ground and get punished for it. This is more symptomatic of society generally right now and you're bearing the brunt of it.


We need people like you, an eagle needs two strong wings to fly


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Registered: 03/12/12
Posts: 2,717
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman]
    #26404798 - 12/28/19 02:16 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Part of the issue, yes, yes indeed.
Choosing what to read, and what to respond to is absolutely the readers responsibility and while it doesn’t absolve the writer of all actions, the reader is fully responsible for making the choice to continue reading or responding.  So long as someone isn’t being horribly disruptive to the forum flow or targeting someone, ‘just fucking ignore them and press on with your life’ is a much better response than banning, or having a freak out over them.

It’s clear there are some here more interested in a fight than anything else.  But let’s not be all high and mighty evolved liberals or anything, I’m sure everyone here has trolled for emotional reactions or to just be flippant to the opposition at least once or twice, emotions and ulterior motives are just a part of the thing called politics and its discussion, just because I’m not interested in the fight, doesn’t mean it’s suddenly bad or others aren’t interested or won’t get something out of it.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Registered: 09/20/08
Posts: 4,132
Loc: USA Flag
Last seen: 4 days, 19 hours
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman] * 3
    #26404806 - 12/28/19 02:21 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:

Maybe the people that have emotional responses to my posts have the issue here, that's a distinct possibility, correct?




That's a distinct possibility  :laugh: :thumbup: 

I learn a lot about myself by observing my emotional reactions when reading a post. I used to blame the poster for my reaction until I realized it's only a reflection of me.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire


Registered: 11/11/09
Posts: 27,881
Loc: 'Merica Flag
Last seen: 2 hours, 56 minutes
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #26404809 - 12/28/19 02:22 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

There’s a simple solution here that everyone is ignoring: simply cede all ideological ground to me and I’ll have no reason to denigrate you.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Registered: 12/28/19
Posts: 48
Last seen: 6 months, 9 days
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #26404815 - 12/28/19 02:24 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

RJ I love you holy shit

You seem to always approach these issues with a level head even if you disagree

I just wanted to point this out and say more people should have that, I wish I did


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Registered: 09/20/08
Posts: 4,132
Loc: USA Flag
Last seen: 4 days, 19 hours
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: BigChumpus]
    #26404835 - 12/28/19 02:35 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Dang it, it's been a while since someone told me they love me. Thanks for that.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Registered: 12/28/19
Posts: 48
Last seen: 6 months, 9 days
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #26404843 - 12/28/19 02:40 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

People deserve more credit. My toxic heart always has a special gilded place for intellectual honesty, a rarity these days


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery


Registered: 05/26/11
Posts: 79,550
Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Last seen: 32 minutes, 47 seconds
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: BigChumpus]
    #26404923 - 12/28/19 03:32 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

BigChumpus said:
RJ I love you holy shit

You seem to always approach these issues with a level head even if you disagree

I just wanted to point this out and say more people should have that, I wish I did



You might want to try and explain at this point who you are a puppet of and why. You registered two hours ago yet you clearly are familiar with users.


--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Registered: 12/28/19
Posts: 48
Last seen: 6 months, 9 days
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: koods] * 1
    #26404938 - 12/28/19 03:37 PM (6 months, 10 days ago)

I'm Koods


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* NO FLAMING RULE IN FULL EFFECT
( 1 2 all )
RonoS 4,088 33 08/25/03 04:56 AM
by Innvertigo
* Evoting rules! phi1618 433 2 04/22/04 02:32 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* Flaming: What it is and what it isn't
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 2,323 36 06/22/04 01:11 PM
by Innvertigo
* Bush Wants Marijuana Ruling Struck Down
( 1 2 all )
Edame 2,031 30 07/13/03 07:59 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Forum Rules (Please read or re-read before posting) RonoS 23,451 0 02/25/03 05:57 AM
by Rono
* Finally - Courts Rule For Guantanamo Bay Prisoners' Rights
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 3,536 48 12/25/03 02:31 PM
by Anonymous
* Sooo whats with the new OVertime rules?
( 1 2 all )
GabbaDj 1,695 29 07/16/03 10:03 PM
by Cornholio
* FCC Rule changes repeal vote passes Senate! GernBlanston 579 4 09/17/03 12:45 AM
by DoctorJ

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
4,344 topic views. 2 members, 3 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2020 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.054 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.