Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Loc: London
Genuine consciousness altering computer programme
    #1676234 - 07/01/03 05:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've already posted a reference to this site in support group central, but for different reasons, I hope this is ok.. I figure it will reach a different audience if I post here too..

www.bwgen.com

This site has a programme called a brain wave generator, which makes thes weird tones and generates white noise. You listen to it through headphones, and after relaxing and concentrating on the noise, it affects the way your brain works. This may sound a bit weird but I can vouch for the fact that it works. So if you need help meditating and want a quick and easy way into the "zone" I strongly reccomend that you give it a go. Different frequencies have different effects on the brain, and the programme contains loads of presets to give you the desired result. Give it a go if you're curious, I promise it does work!

the reason I posted in support group is because it can also be used to help you sleep, or to hypnotise yourself into thinking positive thoughts and curing addictions etc.. Hope no one minds the cross posting, but like I say, this programme has spiritual and meditative benifits as well and I figured it would be appreciated for those reasons in this forum.  :smile:

--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: Rob_K]
    #1676536 - 07/01/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thx alot for the link Im currently trying to use it but while I was going through the configuration wizard I came up on a problem I never realized before with my audio.

It showed that the sound of one of my ear phones when testing left or right leaked into the other, I never realized this because I never bothered taking one earphone off to test and listen to only 1 at a time, (which the prog told me to do, which is how I found out the problem).

Anywho, I tried doing everything I could think of to stop it, tried different speaker set-ups with my headphones, ex: stereo headphones, desktop stereo speakers, monitor stereo speakers ect. I also tried putting my headphone thingy into all different outlets from my soundcard and that didnt help either. I used Creative diagnostic prog to check for any problems and none showed up.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?, any help is appreciated. (it might be a simple setting but I woulndnt know where to look)

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: bandaid]
    #1676564 - 07/01/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Have you tried looking for the balance control? there should be a little speaker icon on the bottom left of your screen, look at play contol and wave/mp3 channels and make sure that the horizontal slider is right in the middle. Then check on the creative mixer because there is a chance there might be a similar slider there. Apart from that I'd have no idea why that's happening.

--------------------

My music

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#1676619 - 07/01/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nope Ive checked that, it wouldnt help anyways from my understanding, if I moved it left or right I would loose the effect of 1 speaker, I need both speakers  :crazy2:

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #1676625 - 07/01/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It also has to do with the overall quality of your soundcard.

You might not be able to fix your problem at all...only by investing in a new soundcard.

A good idea would be to try and write a CD with a couple of programs, and seeing if your cd player leaks. (i'm not sure how you'd do the 'left right' test tho.)

The best option is a CD-RW or a minidisc player, as you can rewrite it over and over and test out the best programs for you.

Good luck! (i'm just about to test this out too.) =P

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1676626 - 07/01/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

in that program, it says DO NOT USE if you are drug user.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: RuNE]
    #1676646 - 07/01/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Got an audigy sound card and practicly bran new sony $230 DJ headphones, I dont think quality is an issue here, thx for the suggestions anyway. :smile:

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1677370 - 07/01/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

does this program have a visual component? I can only figure out the sounds...??

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: Malachi]
    #1677489 - 07/01/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think it means don't use it if you're on drugs at the time. When you are not in an altered state your brain functions exactly as a non-psychedelic using human being would.

There's no visual element, but it should have an effect even without visuals

--------------------

My music

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1677547 - 07/01/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

hmm... the nature sounds make this bearable... but I think that I'd have to be tripping to get something out of it. how long are you supposed to listen to it? are some of the presets better for inducing trance states that others?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: Malachi]
    #1677628 - 07/01/03 06:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't experimented with all that many of the presets, but I certainly find the sleep-inducing one very effective. I usually listen to it for 20-30 minutes while lying down in the dark. That makes me sound a bit odd, but fuck it, it works!

--------------------

My music

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1677641 - 07/01/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

do you use a long headphone cord to your computer, or is there a way to get the tones onto mp3 plsyers?

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1677746 - 07/01/03 06:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't experimented with all that many of the presets, but I certainly find the sleep-inducing one very effective. I usually listen to it for 20-30 minutes while lying down in the dark. That makes me sound a bit odd, but fuck it, it works!

Most people fall alseep within 20 minutes of lying down in the dark for the night.

I use a wake-inducing sound that is very effective.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefindbuddha
findingforbiddenmoments,unmediatedexperience
Loc: Australia
Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: Swami]
    #1678644 - 07/02/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

There is a visual component, just flashing of the screen. Look under options menu.

You can record the presets to wav files, then convert them to mp3. Look under wave menu.

Anonymous

#1678696 - 07/02/03 12:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm having the same problem :frown:

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: ]
    #1679032 - 07/02/03 02:36 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Same problem, also have an Audigy. Sux0r.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Anonymous

Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: Sev]
    #1679037 - 07/02/03 02:39 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I fixed it, my headphones were turned onto mono rather than stereo, switched it and now it works fine.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: Sev]
    #1679041 - 07/02/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I got an actual machine with glasses which have red and green LEDs. They work great if you listen to the whole sessions. I also got this one that reads your skin resistance. You can hook them together and control the sound and lights with your brain waves. After I am done a session, I feel high as a kite.

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: findbuddha]
    #1679123 - 07/02/03 03:30 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

So there is I hadn't noticed that before! Thanks findbuddha .

Swami, are you just saying that because you are cynical about whether it works? sleep induction is not the only function of this thing.. It can be used to help your brain work more effectively as well. Fair enough most people will feel drowsy after lying in the dark for half an hour. But this programme lets you choose how you want to feel when you get up. I think its pretty cool..

--------------------

My music

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: Genuine consciousness altering computer programme [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1679221 - 07/02/03 04:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Earth-droid - which ones do you have? Are they programmable? Does the biofeedback really work just from skin resistance? What can you train using it?

I have an ancient mindlab - just red leds - supposedly you can load in new programs using specially encoded CDs. Think it's time for a new one, tho, preferably with a USB hookup or the like.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom