Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOystersandPearls
FifiandBears
Loc: Paradise (SoFla)
How sick can one get?
    #1676352 - 07/01/03 09:38 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Someone I love very much has been vomiting profusely off and on for about 5 hours that I know of.  I was going to get him to the doctor until he told me why he thinks he's barfing -- "bad shrooms".  Never having done shrooms myself, is there such a thing as "bad" or "poisonous" shrooms that would be available for consumption in a party type atmosphere?  I just need to know how worried I should get.

I gave him ginger ale and saltines and an anti-emetic, and I have a peppermint oil infusion wafting through his room.  Is there anything else I should be doing or just wait it out?

Please, does anyone have any information or ideas for me? :heartpump:

Thanks.

--------------------
Not all who wander are lost.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: How sick can one get? [Re: OystersandPearls]
    #1676361 - 07/01/03 09:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, there are poisonous even deadly shrooms but I doubt they would be sold at a party. If he's not delusional at all then hes probably eaten some nasty shrooms, that some guy has just picked and called magic mushies. I would make sure he drinks a lot of water as dehydration is gonna be a big problem if he's puking for that long. Does he have any of the shrooms he ate left if so keep them. If he starts getting worse I would call a doctor and I know its sick but keep some of his vomit (excuse the pun)  just incase the hospital needs to identify what he has actually eaten. Hopefully its just body getting rid of the crap and he'll be rite as rain tomorrow. On a re-assuring note the most common deadly mushrooms dont start symptoms till around 24-36 hours after ingestion... Im sure he'll be fine :smile:

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineOystersandPearls
FifiandBears
Re: How sick can one get? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1676380 - 07/01/03 10:03 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you so much. You're right -- probably just some moron at a party screwed everyone up. Interesting to see if any of his friends got sick as well.

Ah -- I just heard him turn on the shower -- good sign! He had slept puke-free for probably an hour while I was writing and panicking, as mothers are wont to do.

You had some really great and level headed ideas about what to do in any case one suspects one may be dealing with poisoning or a severe allergic reaction. Thank you for the tips. I hope I never need them but I will remember them just in case. Wales, you sure know a lot when it comes to Shroom Aid! You're the best -- thank you.

-- Oysters

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #1676407 - 07/01/03 10:25 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

>>Yes, there are poisonous even deadly shrooms but I doubt they would be sold at a party.

Never doubt what someone will do to score quick cash. Even certain types of edible shrooms if they go bad can cause liver damage and/or death.

If your friend has been this violently sick for this long I would get to a doctor to be safe. Even if the shrooms he ingested aren't toxic, he could still be in need of medical attention. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: How sick can one get? [Re: Boppity604]
    #1676770 - 07/01/03 01:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Giving him ginger ale and anything he would have to ingest would be pointless really. He'd just barf it all right back up again. You had the right idea though, he'd just need ALOT of ginger ale if he barfed again. Anyways, I would take him to get checked out, say he was barfing for 5 hours last night, the doctor will most likely ask why, but if you say "bad mushrooms" and he thinks they're magic mushies, he's still not allowed to tell police (?)
Here it is illegal for him to share patients info, not sure about other parts of North America....

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

Offlinefactory81
enthusiast

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ibiza, Spain
Re: How sick can one get? [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1676871 - 07/01/03 02:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Food poisoning. I got it before and it made me just constantly puke for like 5-6 hours. Water would be puked back up even.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1677480 - 07/01/03 07:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

There's been plenty of good advice given, and I just wanted to reiterate that it could be any number of things. They could have been misidenditified mushrooms, or the person may simply be extremely sensitive to the magical fungi (as nausea is a common side effect in many people, although 5 hours of it is a bit much).

Food poisoning is a good explanation from what I can tell, perhaps it was something s/he had eatin prior to dosing? In either case, if s/he is feeling better now it will probably pass - though for piece of mind, you may wish to consult a professional.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineOystersandPearls
FifiandBears
Re: How sick can one get? [Re: geokills]
    #1685834 - 07/04/03 07:04 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

After all was said and done, he said the one thing that helped was infusing oil of peppermint vapors into his space. God truly gave us everything we need and we have to go f**k it up.

Had he not got better I would for sure have taken him to the hospital. Afterward, he was just pissed when he found out his three friends who had joined in the festivities had had a perfectly lovely evening.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports