Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HPS, Hydroponics Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Confused again.
    #1674239 - 06/30/03 04:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So after reading everyones replies about how i need a better light, i decided to venture to Home Depot. Home Depot is about a 15 - 20 minute drive away.

When i got there, i looked for HPS (High-pressured Sodium?), and the MH (Metal Halide?) lights. When i found them, i was shocked to see the size. Those lights are huge, and expensive (20 - 30 dollars.) Well i found one that looked as if it would fit a normal lamp in my house. I was about to leave and purchase the bulb when an employee asked if i needed help. i told him "nah, thanks anyways. I was just looking for a 250 or 400 watt HPS for some plants im growing." And he said something along the lines of "Plants? You can grow plants under that light? well i guess so. i just hope you have one of those..." and he pointed towards the ceiling. The ceiling was filled with huge lights that were extremely bright. Confused i asked "huh?"
      He then brought me around the corner and showed me some flood lights and said that normal lamps inside your house dont contain the right balace to even light up the bulb. He was convinced that this bulb is not the one i was looking for and directed me to some others. In the end, i purchased a clamp lamp and a 120 Watt Agro light. I needed the clamp lamp because the bulb wont fit in my aquariums top light.

Will my cannibas plants be supplied enough light with a 120 watt Agro Bulb?  :crazy: Its a 5" in diameter bulb and its "For the Acceleration of Indoor Plant Growth".

How does everyone else use the HPS or MH lights? Do you have a special lamp to project such lighting?

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: Confused again. [Re: thePatient]
    #1674458 - 06/30/03 06:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hate to just push this dogmatic internet forum expression on you..... buuttt..............

go to www.overgrow.com

read everything :smile:

then do a google search for 'discount hydroponics'....they are trustworthy and have better prices than home depot....also maybe check out ebay for lights/ballasts etc......

good luck, be carefull 

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HPS, Hydroponics Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden