Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinericky199
Stranger
 User Gallery
casings in alluminum trays
    #16740722 - 08/27/12 12:43 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

i nocced up some wbs with b+ spawned it too 50/50 verm coir in some alluminum trays with the plastic lids. i did this because i didnt have enough spawn to do a full size monotub so i did 2 decent size alluminum baking trays. the disposable thin kind. everythings going fine and all im seeing a pins here and there but the alluminum is getting little holes all around it like its being ate up with acid. is this a sign of some bacteria or what. will it dry my cakes out. and also if everything keeps going good and i get to pick some fruits will they be ok to eat or where something is eating through the metal make them toxic??

peace, ricky!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: casings in alluminum trays [Re: ricky199]
    #16740777 - 08/27/12 12:58 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

It's the mushroom mycelium that is eating through the tray. It shouldn't affect the mushrooms though.

--------------------

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Terr...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: casings in alluminum trays [Re: Kizzle]
    #16740954 - 08/27/12 02:09 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

^ that.

Try putting your trays inside some glass baking dishes (if you have some that will hold the trays) or line them with plastic.

Once you harvest and dunk, it wouldn't hurt to put them into either plastic or glass trays to finish out the rest of your flushes.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Robert Hunter said:
Believe it if you need it or leave it if you dare.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

InvisibleOeric McKenna
LIFE CAPS

Loc: Babylon Flag
Re: casings in alluminum trays [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #16741007 - 08/27/12 02:28 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I heard on m-t that RR had some samples tested and they didn't contain aluminum/weren't toxic.
How true that is or if it happened I do not know.

--------------------

spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: casings in alluminum trays [Re: Oeric McKenna]
    #16741013 - 08/27/12 02:29 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

No, they won't contain aluminum, but if your myc eats through the tray, then it's directly on the perlite, which can cause bacterial contams.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Robert Hunter said:

bodhisatta said:

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

InvisibleOeric McKenna
LIFE CAPS

Re: casings in alluminum trays [Re: 36fuckin5] * 1
    #16741028 - 08/27/12 02:33 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Terrapin! ^yeah!
Man. I am in love with those aluminum lasagna pans. I like them much batter than tubs & when you're all done, ball em up and throw em away! Its a win. Just line them with a black garbage bag my friend.

--------------------

spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
cannabis pics

Offlinericky199
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #16741032 - 08/27/12 02:35 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

i dont have it in a fruiting chamber with perlite. im just fruiting them in the trays they have plastic raised lids. ive got a couple holes cut around the top half, the clear half. stuffed them with pollyfill..kinda looks like a mini dubtub really. its holding moisture in the trays well though. theres always condensation inside. since ive put the holes in the clear half theres a lot less condensation though. which is good. showing fae. and i also saw on a diff post that when your doing casings you want like 80 percent humidity. i dont have a hygromoter in them but they seem to be doing good. both trays have pins in them.

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
    #16741045 - 08/27/12 02:39 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Oeric McKenna said:
Terrapin! ^yeah!

^5!

Quote:

Man. I am in love with those aluminum lasagna pans. I like them much batter than tubs & when you're all done, ball em up and throw em away! Its a win. Just line them with a black garbage bag my friend.

I usually prefer to grow in re-usable stuff. The trays are cheap, but by the time you buy 5 of them at a buck each, you could have bought a tub that can be used pretty much forever.

Quote:

ricky199 said:
i dont have it in a fruiting chamber with perlite. im just fruiting them in the trays they have plastic raised lids. ive got a couple holes cut around the top half, the clear half. stuffed them with pollyfill..kinda looks like a mini dubtub really. its holding moisture in the trays well though. theres always condensation inside. since ive put the holes in the clear half theres a lot less condensation though. which is good. showing fae. and i also saw on a diff post that when your doing casings you want like 80 percent humidity. i dont have a hygromoter in them but they seem to be doing good. both trays have pins in them.

You'll probably get some fruits that way, but you'll do much better to put it in a real FC with some perlite.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Robert Hunter said:

bodhisatta said:

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #16741047 - 08/27/12 02:39 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

its fucking crazy that the mycellium can eat thru aluminum....wow

:llamastare:

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: casings in alluminum trays [Re: PussyFart]
    #16741050 - 08/27/12 02:40 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Deys some hongry niggaz. Deyll eat bout any ol thang.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Robert Hunter said:

bodhisatta said:

Offlinericky199
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #16741063 - 08/27/12 02:46 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

id like to put it in a sgfc but im stuck right now..i dont have the room and im doing it kinda outta neseccity. being those are more easily to hide than a 65 qt. tote. just something im able to put in a cupboard sized closet.

InvisibleOeric McKenna
LIFE CAPS

Re: casings in alluminum trays [Re: PussyFart]
    #16741070 - 08/27/12 02:48 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

36 "fuckings" (haha) you're exactly right. My personal reason I guess, is that I have all these tubs with holes in them that I guess ill be throwing away as they have no use now. & they were always big, bulky pains in the ass. Too tall for my needs. The aluminum trays I'm using are about half the size of my previous tubs. So if I get a problem or even mediocre results its only half the loss. 2 quarts spawn in each tray. Plus the tall plastic tops are an awesome humidity holder. Oh plus convenience. Instead of drilling, using poly, cracking the plastic, ect, I just wrap the stacked trays in a black garbage bag for about 3 weeks, then I just poke 4 1" holes in the plastic top. No polyfil .
It works really effectively for me. Its fun too. Hell and I love the dollar store

--------------------

spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
cannabis pics

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
    #16741088 - 08/27/12 02:55 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Oeric McKenna said:
36 "fuckings" (haha) you're exactly right.

Haha, that's a new variation, but I suppose I'll take it. IDK if I can handle 36 fuckings in one day, though. I also need pics of you from multiple angles before I can agree to this. :laugh:

It's actually a variation on 365, the number, but whatever. I lol'd.

Quote:

My personal reason I guess, is that I have all these tubs with holes in them that I guess ill be throwing away as they have no use now. & they were always big, bulky pains in the ass. Too tall for my needs. The aluminum trays I'm using are about half the size of my previous tubs. So if I get a problem or even mediocre results its only half the loss. 2 quarts spawn in each tray. Plus the tall plastic tops are an awesome humidity holder. Oh plus convenience. Instead of drilling, using poly, cracking the plastic, ect, I just wrap the stacked trays in a black garbage bag for about 3 weeks, then I just poke 4 1" holes in the plastic top. No polyfil .
It works really effectively for me. Its fun too. Hell and I love the dollar store

Fair enough. You should compare yields with these and see how it comes out, though. I bet the tub wins in that aspect.

Also, congrats on 666 posts. May Satan's fiery reign last a million dark years!

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Robert Hunter said:

bodhisatta said:

InvisibleOeric McKenna
LIFE CAPS

#16741114 - 08/27/12 03:03 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Hahaha yea. I know I personally get more from multiple small lasagna pans but
"Individual results may vary"

--------------------

spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
cannabis pics

Offlinericky199
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #16746264 - 08/28/12 03:27 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

damn...mushrooms every where in those pans lol..i cant wait..im to impatient to let em dry so imma make some tea for me and about 3 of my homies lol..any left over ill let em dry..imma have to put em in a sgfc her in the next day or to cuz theyre gonna start touching the top..b+ strain so they might get pretty big..

Offlinericky199
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #16761783 - 08/30/12 08:49 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

just harvested my two trays..i got 418 grams from the both of them..i had to harvest them early cuz some of the were touching the lid and i was afraid of them rotting cuz the lids were soaked with condensation. theyre nice though some of the veils broke but i went ahead and harvest em all..gonna make some tea for me a few homies with about 120 grams tomorrow and let the rest dry out. this is my first time using grains and i LOVE it. so little gave so much. i got 7 quarts of penis envy going right now. im going to spawn it to 5050 with gypsum in a monotub so they can get big as hell..sorry for no pics but im using enternet explorer and it wont let me upload pics!!

peace, ricky!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale