Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMushMushi
Loc: Canada
Ann Coulter quotes
    #1673406 - 06/30/03 06:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Luvdemshrooms has a quote of her in his signature...
She is a conservative on the verge of fascism.
Enjoy.

Convert Them To Christianity

This is the one that put Coulter on the national radar. From National Review Online (which later dropped Coulter for being too extreme.)

(September 13, 2001) - "Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now."

Note the nice contrast between blonde Suzy Chapstick and, by implication, her swarthy Muslim fellow passengers. The article concludes...

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

It's not terrorism that's bad, it's Muslims who are bad. And Christianity will make them good. Those crusades in the 11th and 12th centuries, they were great for world peace weren't they? And the carpet bombing of German cities is cited by many as an Allied war crime. It did little to win the war (that was done by the brave American grunts at Normandy). Mostly all it did was kill a lot of innocent women and children. Oh, never mind. I was trying to be rational again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

College Liberals = Traitors

A late January 2002 quote from Coulter's address to CPAC (the Conservative Political Action Conference).

"When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

Her words were applauded by National Security Adviser Condoleeza Rice, Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy Thompson, and Lynne Cheney (wife of Vice President Cheney), all of whom were in attendance.

Now isn't this lovely? College liberals need to be physically intimidated? How about roughed up? Slapped around? Where do we stop with the nasty little beggers? And why all this hostility towards college liberals? Tom Tomorrow (otherwise known as Dan Perkins), author of the brilliant comic strip This Modern World, had a nice response in this cartoon. Or if you prefer, here's a more generalized indictment of us evil college liberals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberals Are Terrorists

"Liberalism And Terrorism: Different Stages Of Same Disease." Yes, this is the real title of an Ann Coulter essay of a few days ago (July 3, 2002).

"Liberals become indignant when you question their patriotism, but simultaneously work overtime to give terrorists a cushion for the next attack and laugh at dumb Americans who love their country and hate the enemy."

Did I miss something? Was I supposed to be laughing at my fellow Americans? I never got the memo.

"The New York Times ran a Tom Tomorrow cartoon sneering about Americans who believe with 'unwavering faith in an invisible omniscient deity who favors those born in the middle of the North American land mass.' This is how liberals conceive of America: an undifferentiated land mass in the middle of North America."

OK, the cartoon was an attempt to deflate the relentlessly self-praising attitudes of some politicians and pundits. Clearly failing in Coulter's case. It's just pointing out that it's a bit arrogant to see ourselves as being the center of the moral universe. The idea that God favors the United States over all other countries is a little bit bizarre (just as is the idea that He favors Saudi Arabia). Too many people believe fanatically that they have God on their side, this is what motivated those damn terrorists. The bitter irony may be lost on some pundits.

Enron Employees = Criminal Element

Here is a nasty turn about on the Enron scandal (from a January 24, 2002 article, "The New York Times' Crusade Against Capitalism")

The only beef Enron employees have with top management is that management did not inform employees of the collapse in time to allow them to get in on the swindle. If Enron executives had shouted, "Head for the hills!" the employees might have had time to sucker other Americans into buying wildly over-inflated Enron stock. Just because your boss is a criminal doesn't make you a hero.

So Enron is not so bad because the employees would have been criminals if they had had the chance? I'm so glad Coulter isn't an elitist with contempt for regular workers.

There are no good Democrats (who live in Manhattan)

Some quotes from Brian Lamb's Booknotes interview with Coulter (Aug 11):

COULTER: There is no serious dialogue or engagement of ideas between the left and the right in this country.

...and that is because...

COULTER: There are no good Democrats.

None. Not one. You have to hand it to her, she gives good sound bite.

LAMB: Where did you write the book?

COULTER: In my apartment.

LAMB: In what part of the world?

COULTER: Mostly in New York, though some in Washington. I tried originally writing it from L.A., Vail and Aspen, and I wasn't getting much work done.

The woman who claims to despise New York, Washington, and other un-American places wrote Slander in her apartment in New York. Also in Washington and L.A. and Vail and Aspen. Clearly, a true woman of the heartland.

The Booknotes transcript can be found here.

RAPE THE PLANET! IT'S YOURS! GOD SAYS SO!

This is an oldy but a goody. It's been quoted by other sites, but I'll include a bit more context as an added bonus. This is from a series of video clips from FOX HANNITY & COLMES, shown on June 22, 2001. (Which show the original clip was from, I can't tell.)

COULTER: I take the biblical idea. God gave us the earth.

PETER FENN (Democratic strategist): Oh, OK.

COULTER: We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees.

FENN: This is a great idea.

COULTER: God says, "Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours."

FENN: Terrific. We're Americans, so we should consume as much of the earth's resources...

COULTER: Yes! Yes.

FENN: ... as fast as we possibly can.

COULTER: As opposed to living like the Indians.

So Jesus advocated strip mining, ozone depletion, toxic waste spills, and polluted waterways. Who knew?

Just in, Curtis C. added his own two bits on this quote from a Christian perspective:

This is just misuse of the bible. The bible is full of information on proper stewardship of the planet. Leviticus has ideas for proper land management in it. There is a strong environmental Christian movement based on the teachings in the bible.

I'll give you one very big, good example from the bible. This is the story of Noah and Ark. God makes certain that we include the animals on the ark, because we hold dominion over them, yes, but also because this gives us responsibility for their welfare. Clearly god wants us to take care of the animals on the planet. If we make an animal extinct then we are clearly violating the spirit of the story of Noah and the Ark where god instructed Noah to gather all of the animals and keep them alive. ( I have included the quote below.)

God can't make it much clearer than that.

Genesis Chapter 6.

18: But I will establish my covenant with you; and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you.

19: And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.

20: Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground according to its kind, two of every sort shall come in to you, to keep them alive.

I'm no biblical expert, but this sure makes sense to me. A lot more sense than Coulter (who strikes me as one of those Christians who hasn't really bothered to read what Christ actually said).

A New York Observer interview with Coulter by George Gurley

It's kind of a mood piece, hard to break down, but here are a few choice quotes (Gurley's words are in colored text, non-italics.):

First, a truly bizarre quote that I still don't quite understand. Either the interviewer got things garbled or Ann's mind is even more twisted than I thought...

"I think, on the basis of the recent Supreme Court ruling that we can't execute the retarded, American journalists commit mass murder without facing the ultimate penalty," Ms. Coulter told me. "I think they are retarded. I'm trying to communicate to the American people and I have to work through a retarded person!"

I must have been looking a little terrified.

"So you know, you say something and somehow 'Betty Boop' comes out 'Adolf Hitler'!" she said, laughing. "What?"

The gaunt Connecticut beauty emitted a horsy laugh.

Betty Boop = Hitler? Execute retarded reporters? Journalists commit mass murder? I'm a little terrified myself.

Next…

Her father represented Phelps Dodge Corporation, the mining and manufacturing giant, and while negotiating with the unions, he presided over the largest union decertification ever.

"It was a stupid time," Ms. Coulter said. "The idea that this seems to fit into--which is absolutely not true--is this idea of the WASP's in Connecticut swatting down workers with their polo mallets. To the contrary, my father was not to the manor born, and has had quite a bit of sympathy with the working man. One of those cases was the copper mines in Arizona. I've worked in one of those mines, as has my brother, as summer jobs. They get very high wages, they get all their health care taken care of, and it's an open-pit mine, so you're working on the side of a mountain

Love that mine work out in the healthy outdoors. Darn those miners for complaining.

"I love Texas Republicans!" she said. "They're these beautiful women, they're so great-looking, they're completely loaded. They're dripping in this gorgeous jewelry, they're really funny and sarcastic and smart. Americans are so cool, and they're such parochial idiots here in New York."

Yes, those cool rich Texas Republicans dripping with jewelry. Salt of the earth regular Americans.

"Cheney is my ideal man. Because he's solid. He's funny. He's very handsome. He was a football player. People don't think about him as the glamour type because he's a serious person, he wears glasses, he's lost his hair. But he's a very handsome man. And you cannot imagine him losing his temper, which I find extremely sexy. Men who get upset and lose their tempers and claim to be sensitive males: talk about girly boys. No, there's a reason hurricanes are named after women and homosexual men, it's one of our little methods of social control. We're supposed to fly off the handle.

Cheney? Her ideal man? I'm at a loss for words. The homophobia is, of course, typical of Coulter.

Now here's a real sick one…

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

Only regret? So she doesn't mind him blowing up all those poor people in Oklahoma? She just would prefer that they had blown up journalists in New York? This is really sick stuff. I know Coulter loves being a provocateur, and I'll try to assume she doesn't really mean this quote, but it still comes across as incredibly evil.

Kev J. brought this one to my attention. In this week's (8/28/02) column, Coulter attacks the Kennedy family, lock stock and barrel. But she forgets to mention that John Kennedy Jr. hired her for George magazine. Dipping around, I found this quote from a July 19, 1999 Washington Post article:
"When conservative Republican Ann Coulter turned in her first George magazine column, about health care, John Kennedy Jr. wanted more specifics. "Fine," said Coulter. "So I sent in a paragraph denouncing Teddy Kennedy's proposal--and it ran!" Kennedy, she said yesterday, "was totally fair and even-handed. He wanted people to be reading ideas, and it didn't matter that he didn't agree with them."

In her current column, however, Coulter says of the Kennedys:

"This is as we have come to expect from a family of heroin addicts, statutory rapists, convicted and unconvicted female-killers, cheaters, bootleggers and dissolute drunks known as "Camelot." Why would anyone want such people as their "good friends"?"

Great guy one day, part of scummy family the next, Coulter is so damn consistent.

"It's always so comforting when Muslims cite the precise verse from the Quran that tells them killing is wrong. Don't all empathetic human beings understand that instinctively? What if they lost their Quran that day and couldn't remember?" (Ann Coulter in "My Name Is Adolf", 9/11/2002)

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building." (Ann Coulter in a New York Observer interview, 8/20/2002)

So I guess Coulter must have left her Quran behind on the day she had the New York Observer interview, hence her 'forgetting' that killing is wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Ann Coulter quotes [Re: MushMushi]
    #1673412 - 06/30/03 06:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"It's always so comforting when Muslims cite the precise verse from the Quran that tells them killing is wrong. Don't all empathetic human beings understand that instinctively? What if they lost their Quran that day and couldn't remember?" (Ann Coulter in "My Name Is Adolf", 9/11/2002)

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building." (Ann Coulter in a New York Observer interview, 8/20/2002)

That woman is a genius.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Ann Coulter quotes [Re: MushMushi]
    #1673438 - 06/30/03 07:12 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Ok, you just make shit up". -Bill Maher to Ann Coulter on Real Time With Bill Maher

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Anonymous

Re: Ann Coulter quotes [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1673450 - 06/30/03 07:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"That woman is a genius"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fucking idiot.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Ann Coulter quotes [Re: Learyfan]
    #1673458 - 06/30/03 07:26 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You'd have a little more credibility if you stop quoting Bill Maher and Michael Moore.

I still say you need a hug.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Ann Coulter quotes [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1673637 - 06/30/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I forget if it was you or LDS that actually posted a link to an article by Ann Coulter. I'd say Bill Maher has more credibility than she ever will.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Ann Coulter quotes [Re: silversoul7]
    #1673765 - 06/30/03 10:47 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

we have a search feature you know.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Ann Coulter quotes [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1673775 - 06/30/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

meh...I'm too lazy to do a search right now. It's not important, anyway.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleMushMushi
Loc: Canada
    #1673830 - 06/30/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1674347 - 06/30/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I forget if it was you or LDS that actually posted a link to an article by Ann Coulter. I'd say Bill Maher has more credibility than she ever will.

It was me. That woman is a brilliant goddess.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Ann Coulter quotes [Re: MushMushi] * 1
    #23962730 - 12/28/16 01:03 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, Islam should be erradicated and the muslims should be forced to convert to Christianity.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Ann Coulter quotes [Re: Luddite]
    #23965013 - 12/29/16 09:34 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Love her or hate her, she's usually right on the money

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder