Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Some stuff. It's about drugs.
    #1666339 - 06/27/03 01:10 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This was something I wrote as a response to a post on another message board. It's still got the typos and whatnot. Enjoy:

I think that a lot of people equate drugs with the high school morons who used to do them. Fetal-alcohol-syndrome delinquents or flakey burn-outs.

The desire to alter your conciousness may be as deep rooted and natural as your drive for sex. What child didn't spin around on their lawn until they fell down in a fit of giggles? Animals pick out fermented berries, and often have preferences for psychologically active plants.

Over the course of a normal week, the average human experiences a far wider shift in conciousness and emotion than drugs have the ability to bring on. Changing your diet and excercise can have a far greater effect on you than smoking a joint, but there are a whole lot of fat, unhealthy people who would NEVER try marijuana ("Good heavens no!") because it's "bad for them".

Most of the drug laws in the United States (whose puritanical prohibitionism has unfortunately spread to most of the western world) are based on outdated scientific theories or outright racist propaganda. Most of the drug education is based on the drug laws and scare tactics, as opposed to actual information.
Kids grow up to not only fear the idea of recreational drug use, but also recreational drug users. They're either twisted, confused psychopaths, their judgement clouded by bizarre chemcials, or they're evil slaves to a drug, willing to do anything for a fix.

Oddly enough, these same kids are dosed with ritalin or dexadrine (both powerful stimulants, dexedrine actually being an amphetamine) to help them through school ("Jimmy failed his DARE program? Better try the 10mg pills!"), then as soon as they hit adolesence, they put them on anti-depressants, and sometimes even anti-psychotics. So these kids who are scared shitless of spending a few hours giggly and hungry, are now on long term SSRIs, which cause very severe changes to brain chemistry, for very long periods of time. Paxil withdrawl often results in severe emotional problems, if the user is lucky, psychotic episodes for others.

If that doesn't seem hypocritical enough, alcohol, a drug with countless addicts and numerous fatal overdoses each year is perfectly socially acceptable.

So what exactly is it that makes western society so afraid of drug use? My theory is that it's a new socially imposed moral. Like the opposition to homosexuality, foreigners, and techonology, people are frightened of new and strange things. In order to justify and maintain these fears, they invent reasons for them.

Afraid of black people? Well, that's because they're all theives. Confused and frightened by the internet? Well, that must be because it's crawling with predatory pedophiles. Gays moving in next door? They might convert your children!

The same thing goes for drugs. People leap on any story that "proves" how harmful and evil drugs are. Especially new ones. A great example of this is the recent furor over GHB. In the span of a couple years, it went from a diet supplement sold in health food stores that a few people in the know would use as a safe alternative to alcohol, to a dangerous date rape drug, something any young girl need to be on the lookout for.

There are a lot of people who have used drugs for years, all the while maintaining their physical and mental health. After having tried LSD, I can't imagine wanting to go through an entire lifetime without that experience. It's not that I've had conversations with god or travelled across the universe, to be honest I think that taking these things too seriously is stupid, but how else would I have known my brain could DO that? To go through life without a psychedelic experience would be like going through life without any sexual experience. Why would I not want to explore all aspects of my mind?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Edited by Phluck (06/27/03 01:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: Phluck]
    #1666426 - 06/27/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Great write up....

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1666495 - 06/27/03 02:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

:laugh: :laugh:

--------------------
Namaste.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1666699 - 06/27/03 05:30 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, you hit the nail right on the head!

OnlineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1666862 - 06/27/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Very well said.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: Learyfan]
    #1668171 - 06/27/03 09:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Absolutely brilliant Phluck...I'ma send that to everybody I know...even the drug haters...actually, ESPECIALLY The dope-haters...keep em coming! :grin: :wink: :smile:  

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinepants
Butt.
Loc: Internet
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #1669514 - 06/28/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Posting large images in sign[a]tures is not allowed.

OfflineBenji
Stranger
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: pants]
    #1670592 - 06/29/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sodomy was legalized this week in texas.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: Benji]
    #1670810 - 06/29/03 02:09 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

why was it illegalized anyway? and how would the police enforce that?? :smirk: I wanna see evidence

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #1671327 - 06/29/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I heard something about alot of gay guys getting arrested because they were having anal sex. I don't remember much about the story, but I think the cops got a warrant because there was evidence of sodomy going on and they busted in and caught the guys in the act. After that there were huge protests and all.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

OfflinePiedTaster
The Underlying

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: Gixxer_boy]
    #1672457 - 06/29/03 09:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Preach on brother. :wink:

Incredibly well worded. The fact alone that you're capable of writing that and a "drug user" proves you more right :smile: 

--------------------
We can't stop here! This is Bat Country!

InvisibleFrozenHappiness
Professional Cereal Box

Loc: Nagoon Lagoon
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: PiedTaster]
    #1672960 - 06/30/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

In theme with all the replies before me, well done Phluck and nicely put.

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1677168 - 07/01/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>>To go through life without a psychedelic experience would be like going through life without any sexual experience.

I've heard Terrence McKenna say nearly the same thing at a lecture once.

Offlinecrazycanadian
Stranger

Loc: infront of a monitor
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: neuro]
    #1677224 - 07/01/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>>The same thing goes for drugs. People leap on any story that "proves" how harmful and evil drugs are.

You must keep in mind that people who are against drugs will filter everything out except things that make drugs look bad. As well as people who like drugs (like many people on the forum) will filter out everything except things that prove that drugs are not bad. Just keep in mind that there are a lot of bad things about drugs as well. I feel if people use drugs in a responcable and mature manner there is nothing wrong. The problem is that most people abuse drugs as well as their body. That is when the government steps in, when people start to abuse things. Then, like the big brother they are, they take it away. Much like a parent takes an object away from a child if he or she sees that they are hurting themselves with it and also putting other people in danger.

Everyone out there, please give drugs a huge amount of respect because they have unbelievable power. They can make you feel perfectly good or they can make you go crazy. Just please dont abuse the power that they posses. That way everybody can continue to enjoy their effects.

OfflineHellCat226
Stranger
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: Phluck] * 1
    #28395133 - 07/14/23 08:24 AM (8 months, 9 days ago)

So I have a drug test today in like 6 hours.

I smoked 11 days ago and Iā€™m kinda nervous on passing this drug test. I have drank hella water and I drank like a gallon of apple juice. I weight 120 pounds and Iā€™m 5 foot 7

Can anyone give me some relief, do you guys think I can pass?

OfflinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: HellCat226]
    #28395202 - 07/14/23 09:26 AM (8 months, 9 days ago)

I think you're gonna get sent the gulag bro

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

OfflineScrewup
Googles your dumb questions
Trans-female

Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #28395250 - 07/14/23 10:35 AM (8 months, 9 days ago)

Maybe even Guantanamo bay

--------------------
šŸ…ƒ šŸ„“ šŸ„° šŸ„¼    šŸ„² šŸ„» šŸ„ø šŸ„½ šŸ„¶ šŸ…† šŸ… šŸ„° šŸ„æ

Help US help YOU TEK

2023 Dehydrator TEK

OfflinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
Re: Some stuff. It's about drugs. [Re: Screwup]
    #28395262 - 07/14/23 10:51 AM (8 months, 9 days ago)

That place is real?  I thought it was bullshit...

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates