Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Brazil Mushrooms
    #1671923 - 06/29/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone ever been to brazil? I am soon leaving for south brazil(to the city of porto alegre) and was wondering how the mushrooms are down there? When I leave(july 11th) it will be just getting over summer , and into the cooler fall months there... We will be in the city most of the time, but I know south brazilians like to ranch cattle, and we are leaving the city a few times, so maybe I would have some luck... Just wondering if anyone knew of any area specific, or any mushroom for that matter that I can find there, active or not(if not, at least edible)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Brazil Mushrooms [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1672321 - 06/29/03 08:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My housemate is from Brazil. He had told me that he used to pick mushrooms from the cow dung. He explained them best as possible and we looked at some pictures.

He was finding Psilocybe cubensis. Southern Brazil I hear is very, very nice. I dont know the seasons to find them there, but, its worth a look for them.

It will be so beautiful that you won't even care if you find any or not! :smile: Just don't talk much about Ju-jitsu because they are hell of gnarly down there. heh.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Brazil Mushrooms [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1672500 - 06/29/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I just thought I'd chime in with a reminder.

The most common cause of mushroom poisoning is misidentification. One of the most common causes of misidentification is people from one place attempting to apply what they've learned in one area to another. When you go to another country (or another continent or hemisphere), some of the good rules you've learned for identifying things safe to eat may no longer be true.

For example, there have been several very nasty poisonings on the west coast where people from Asia and Mexico have thought they had found something good to eat and ended up eating Amanita phalloides.

Have a great time. I've heard a lot of great things about Brazil. If you err in your mushroom identifications, err on the side of caution. We would all definitely rather have to back here telling us about the great time you had than hearing about you in the media.

I have read that, in comparison with the US, that Brazil has an unbelievable number of varieties of Boletus.

If you find something that might be worth eating, get verification from a knowledgable local.

Have a great time there, and bring back some cool photos. A few good non-mushroom pics would be cool, too.

Happy vacation and happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Brazil Mushrooms [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1672521 - 06/29/03 10:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There is a published paper here in the forums somewhere that I posted on Mushrooms from the Parana state in Brazil. Written by Dr. Tjakko Stijve. Lists several new species of psilocybian mushrooms in Brazil..

:Look for it in the search engine because I won't repost it again.

mj

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
Re: Brazil Mushrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1673615 - 06/30/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You mean this post,
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum1&Number=725101

You only posted a quote:

"Stijve, Tjakko and A. A. R. Meijer. 1993. Macromycetes from the State of Paran?, Brazil. 4. The psychoactive species. Arq. Biol. Technol. vol. 36(2):313-329.
"Psilocybin is reported for the first time from the following species: Psilocybe caeruleoannulata, Psilocybe hoogshagenii var. hoogshagenii, Psilocybe subyungensis, Psilocybe uruguayensis, and Pluteus glaucus. An additional unidentified species of Pluteus was also found to contain psilocybin and psilocin.?"

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Brazil Mushrooms [Re: Anno]
    #1673687 - 06/30/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well it was posted somewhere and apparently fromanother site. Probably SpiritPlants which deleted all of my posts. I cannto find time right now to redo that particularr one as I ham working many projects at once.

mj

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #1673718 - 06/30/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

just curious mj how many shroom articles do you have? you seem to have every single one

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Brazil Mushrooms [Re: buckwheat]
    #1674096 - 06/30/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Close to about 1800 of the 2500 known papers.
I use to have a lot more but divorce does strange things to you. Like throwing your shit in the trash.

Wanna really cry, I gave my children a complete set of 22 Beattle albumns, never opened up at all.

My wifes girlfriend opened and played them all one day. They were worth a fortune. Luckilly I lived in hawaii or I owuld have slaped that woman one upside her head.

My kids put them away for five years and she found them one day while my wife was cleaning house. She begged my wife to let her play them and my wife did.

So that savings was really ruined.

mj

Offlineerjone
el cap-e-tan!

Loc: that place right by the t...
    #1674498 - 06/30/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ugh  :rolleyes: 

Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
Loc: Austin, TX
Re: Brazil Mushrooms [Re: erjone]
    #1674528 - 06/30/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I used to live in brazil but it was before my shroomie taking time so... cant help you out there.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1674595 - 06/30/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Brazil Mushrooms [Re: ]
    #1676358 - 07/01/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for all the great imput guys!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures