Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
A Moment
    #1671901 - 06/29/03 06:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It was 6:35 a.m. on April 21st when the darkness of night first began to fade into day.  I know this because I watched it with my own eyes.  The birds began to sing long before the sun actually began to climb above the horizon, and their sweet symphony still abounds through the forest around me.

I stayed awake all night reading a book called If I Had My Life to Live Over, I Would Pick More Daisies.  It sounds corny, I know, but it was quite entertaining and inspirational.  It was one of those books that gives you one of those feelings, if you know what I mean! :wink:

I sit on the deck, sipping from my steaming cup of coffee and staring down through the woods in front of me.  It is cool outside, and there is a light breeze.  The leaves of the trees add their soft sounds to the symphony of birdsong.  I take a drag of my cigarette, wishing this moment--this cigarette, this cup of coffee--would never end.

A morning dove coos in the distance, and I smile.  There is an odd feeling about this day.  I feel like I am at the movies, the previews have just ended, and the feature presentation is about to start.  I feel like it's 11:59 p.m. on December 31st.  I don't know why, really, as I'm expecting nothing but another relaxing day today.

There is not a single trace of negativity within me at this moment.  I feel filled with peace, happiness, and love.  I wish I could stay here forever, on this deck with this cigarette and cup of coffee, with the birds and the trees making music for me.  But the cigarette will soon end and my cup will soon be empty, and my vacation here from work and school will soon be over as well.

All good things must come to an end, it seems.  But for now I will sit here, content, feeling good.  I will ingrain this memory in my brain and think back to it at times when life seems hectic and crazy.  I hear the distinct coo of a morning dove again in the distance.  I'm still smiling.

:smile:

Peace,

RebelSteve   

--------------------
Namaste.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: A Moment [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1671916 - 06/29/03 07:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've been getting up more and more often to watch the sun rise. It's really the best time of the day. Something about it seems to lend itself to quiet contemplation. It's probably the closest most of us can come to experiencing silence outdoors. It's almost psychedelic in a way. With nobody around, the ego is suppressed. Life unfolds. The beat goes on.

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: A Moment [Re: Revelation]
    #1672248 - 06/29/03 10:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

>>It's really the best time of the day...It's almost psychedelic in a way...Life unfolds. The beat goes on.

I have always loved the "blue zone" before sunrise.  The darkness of night transforms into the warmth of the light of day.  It's also the main reason I enjoy being a Morning Goa DJ.  I prefer spinning from 4am-an hour after sunrise at parties.  It's a wonderful thing to be able to bridge the darkness and the light through trance and music.  It's also kinda cool cause usually only the hardcore trance dancers are left standing/dancing by that time at a party...and it's always a different vibe than several hours before during the full-on madness that is night time at a Goa party.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology