Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Being Behind Bars
    #1670725 - 06/29/03 01:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone here ever been in jail? 

Just wondering what it's like... I've never heard a first-hand account of it before, so I'd like to hear some stories if anyone would like to share. :smile:

Peace,

RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1670802 - 06/29/03 02:04 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I used to know this guy that actually WANTED to be in prison or jail....cuz he wouldnt have to do anything, get free food, blah blah...pretty sad to think about....i'd rather jump off a cliff then go to prison...watch Discovery, sometimes they'll have documentaries on life in prison, etc...its not a pretty life...and sad thing is, most people who get there come back out even worse, or end up prolongin their sentences cuz of crimes commited in prison, often in self defense, against butthole-surfing convicts, or extreme nazi racist folks, or just plain ol psychopaths...or all of the above :smirk: 

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1670894 - 06/29/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've been in county. It sucks. You eat turkey on stale bread 3 times a day and sit in your cell. If you're lucky you'll have a few good books or someone to play chess or cards with. You also learn how to do more crime better and get caught less. It's kinda like going to crime school. You can learn anything from cooking speed to dealing coke, to being a professional shoplifter and warehouse heister like I was for a while. I got out of county when my bond was reduced and I was aquited at trial, as the one thing I got busted for was the one thing I actually didn't do. I hear prison is better than county because you have more freedom. Guys that are in a lot find it a relief to get to prison because county is a lot stricter. BTW, there were no rapes or anything like that I knew of. Most of the stories you hear are bullshit.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1670904 - 06/29/03 03:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I spent an hour in a holding cell when I was arrested for a bag of weed and two pipes. It was lame.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #1671091 - 06/29/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I got busted for possession while I was walking off campus while I was in highschool. He took my pipe and my hitter box and threw me in jail for 17 hours. I met this mexican guy who had done datura or something. He kept asking me for his lighter back. I was like "Dude, the cops took your lighter"... and at one point I reached in my pocket, clenched a fist, pulled it out, and pressed an imaginary lighter into his hand. So he grabs it and starts pushing on the cell door trying to walk out. Then, still holding the 'lighter' he opens his other hand and asks for his lighter again. I'm sitting down, hes standing. I'm physically 6 inches taller, but this short mexican guy is kinda muscley, so I flex as hard as I can incase I have to hit him. He starts taking off his flannel, and gets it half way down his arms, mumbling something about how "no white boy steals from a mexican" heh, he behaved after that though. The other people in the cell started telling him I was gonna whoop his ass and all.

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #1671322 - 06/29/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was with my friend and we had just left a party at his house to pick up cleaning supplies. On the way back, we saw like 4 cruisers sitting outside so he just kept driving, but one of the cops followed us and pulled us over. I was giving the cop a hard time and talking alot of shit because he was such a bastard. So he put me in a holding cell for like 4 hours, no one else was there and I just fell asleep until my mom came to pick me up.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1671343 - 06/29/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I once went to jail for a DUI when I tried driving home during the comedown off of acid(I felt sober by that time). It was in this hick town called Oroville. I was never actually put "behind bars," but they put me in this room with a bunch of uncomfortable seats and a TV. The rest of the people in there were mostly there for drug offences as well. You had to ask the guard for permission to stand up if you wanted to make a call or go to the bathroom. I desperately wanted to get some sleep(you know how it is after a night of tripping on acid), but I couldn't sleep in those uncomfortable chairs, especially since they required us to keep both feet on the floor at all times. They took my fingerprints and mug shot and let me go after about 6-8 hours. I got my car back from the impound lot and drove home, a tired and broken man. I hope I never have to repeat that experience.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineBOBs
bobby digital

Loc: CO
Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: silversoul7]
    #1671549 - 06/29/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wow I can't believe their drunk tank had a TV. Ours is just a jail cell.

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

#1671779 - 06/29/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've been in holding cells a couple times.

One of the times I was comming back from a party with one of my friends (he was driving). He was going about 75 in a 25 zone and went past like 2 red lights. It was funny when they were asking him questions...

"Sir can you please say your ABCs up to *some letter*"
him: "Dude... I dont know anyone who can do that shit"

they kept asking him stuff even after he said "Im so fucking trashed, just arrest me already"

So we went down to the station and I was put in some cell and fell asleep and woke up to my parents being there.

The other time I got arrested for shoplifting and put in some small ass metallic room with two metallic stools and a metallic table all bolted to the floor.

Nothing too special.

Edited by Crass (06/29/03 03:46 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: Crass]
    #1671934 - 06/29/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm only 19 and unfortunately have already spent some time in the slammer, and a whole lot of time in Juvenile lock up when I was younger. It was all for drug offenses, just pot though but I kept getting dirty UA's and shit. then in Milwaukee,Wi I got pulled over and they found a half oz of pot in my car and said that my friend and I would be going home that night. Well, we didn't they made us spend the night in the Bullpen with all the drunks, using my shoe as a pillow to try and sleep, but I was watching my ass if you know what I mean, so I didn't sleep much and then transfered us to Milwaukee county jail the next day, all for some friggin pot!!! I finally got to use a phone and called my dad and he came and got me.

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: ]
    #1672548 - 06/29/03 10:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Damn! I live in milwaukee too!

But that drunk incident was in West Allis, they have comfortable holding cell things.

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Loc: United States
    #1672645 - 06/29/03 10:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was in "jail" several times, once when I was 19 and then again several years later. There is a difference between "prison" and "jail". Both times I was in "jail", a county lockup for common crimes. Both times I was incarcerated less than a week. I learned how to sleep more than 12 hours a day because there just isn't anything to do but read and sleep.
A very good friend was in "prison" for habitual crimes relating to a very nasty heroine addiction. He was sentenced to 10 years but did get out in less than 3 because he was accepted to a rehab facility. Prison is more regimented than jail, from what he told me, in terms of oversight and activity like jobs, in and out of the facility.
Another friend of mine works at a medium security prison where the inmates make everything they need and even sell products like soap and produce as well as fix watches and cars.
Jail offers nothing but punitive reinforcement of laws while prison is more structured, more of a function of a micro society. Both suck for obvious reasons, so stay between the lines!

--------------------
"New shit has come to light..."

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#1673148 - 06/30/03 03:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was in Jail 999999999999999 times. No I am in a mind prison.

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #1674183 - 06/30/03 02:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I got pulled over on the way home from a dead show near DC.  I had a busted headlight and a big old steal your face sticker on my back window.
I wasnt under the influence but my buddy was coming down off of shrooms.

they got us for 1/4 of weed, 1/4 of shrooms, 60 hits of acid and 2 grams of opium.

The acid was enough to get charged with intent to distribute so it was pretty scary.  We would have been fine (I passed the sobriety test without a hitch and the breathilizer), but they had the DEA waiting in the wings and walked a drug dog around the car and it smelled the pot.

They only busted deadheads coming from the show, we were in a holding cell with about 30 others for 4 hours - where one guy who managed to hide acid ate a whole sheet to keep from get busted for it.

I spent a day and a half in jail, and tthe charges were dropped on appeal due to one DEA agent pushing me against a file cabinet in front of witnesses when he found acid in my wallet.  He didnt push me hard at all but it was enough to get me off when my lawyer threatened sueing for police brutality.  Apparently the DEA guy already had a rep for that sort of thing.
Lucky break for me :smile:

dizz

Offlineerjone
el cap-e-tan!

Loc: that place right by the t...
Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: dizzim]
    #1674875 - 06/30/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

the "things you hear" that go on in prison are relative to where you get locked up. In the sticks, yeah, your probably safe. I have a friend of a friend who did some time in rikers though (NYC) and that place is ALL the horrorstories you hear. He had to fight all the time (thank god he was only there a lil while) he was there.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: erjone]
    #1675919 - 07/01/03 02:03 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

How did the dude who ate a sheet of acid react after it started working?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: erjone]
    #1675961 - 07/01/03 02:15 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yea, i went to prison for two years and i will be the first to tell you it sucks bad. if you don't know how to fight when you go in you will know when you come out, that or be some bodys bitch. you will do there laundry ,clean there cell,toilet, suck their dick,etc.. etc.. there is no upside to prison, it makes you mean and anti-social.if you go to a major prison you will pretty much be forced to join some type of group -  the skinheads , the muslims and the latino's are the major groups although there are a shit load of off shoots.personally i was a "short timer" so i stayed pretty much to myself, but i had some friends that were one of the above, or a few of the above is a better description. i had no affiliations - but i tried to be cool with every one.
but you can bet your ass some punk some where, some time is going to want to take your mashed potatoes or stick his dick in your ass - and you had better be ready to fuck his day up ! otherwise there are 20 more ass holes standing in line to do the same thing. it's o.k. to get your ass kicked, at least you will get some respect, but to be a punk, a bitch, some one that lets people take his shit is in a lot of fucking trouble. your ass will look like the grand canyon when you get out.
if there is a message it's don't get caught and get a fucking job ! :laugh: 

OfflineDSD
devil

Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: DSD]
    #1675999 - 07/01/03 02:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

RAIL-GUN
here is a big P.S. for RAIL GUN -- I did time in ohio and you are talking shit that you know nothing about -- and how that stuff never happens, where the fuck in po-dunk exactly do you live ? we are not talking about the countY lock up in barney-fiffe-ville. if i ever meet you in prison you will be the first BOY i fuck.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Edited by DSD (07/01/03 02:35 AM)

OfflineoDin
    #1676023 - 07/01/03 02:51 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

2 weeks, county, had to clean fairgrounds(shovel shit) and pick up barrow ditches. wore orange suits. not much to do. sleep

word of advice: if u have a choice take the cell without the shitter. there was 1 for 3 cells in the part i was in. nothing like waking up with a hairy ass in front of your face. i thank god for not having that cell. we used crawl the bars up in front of the security cam and shake it in front of it.

dont fuck with smokey bear and woodsey owl they are federal and stuff.

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: oDin]
    #1676915 - 07/01/03 12:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

downforpot -'How did the dude who ate a sheet of acid react after it started working?'

My buddy was put in the cell with him so i didnt witness it first hand, but i was told he puked about an hour later, had a case of the shits for a little while and was pretty well out of it the rest of the night - he just layed on his bunk for the most part. He didnt talk much and my buddy wasnt in the mood for conversation.
The next day when we all went to court for bail hearings, he was obviously still tripping hard, but again no one felt much like talking so I dont know how his trip went - I cant imagine it was good though under the circumstances. Thankfully he didnt wig out.

dizz

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1677509 - 07/01/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

4 days in holding cells..nothing really serious..the worst enemy was boredom. The cell itself had about 20 guys in it with 2 shitters out in the open...no T.V...the last half of some lame book and a deck of cards with 8 cards missing...that was all we had for entertainment.

Nobody fucked with anyone else and pretty much slept all the time...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#1678043 - 07/01/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was in Knox county, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH!
Quote:

DSD said:
RAIL-GUN
here is a big P.S. for RAIL GUN -- I did time in ohio and you are talking shit that you know nothing about -- and how that stuff never happens, where the fuck in po-dunk exactly do you live ? we are not talking about the countY lock up in barney-fiffe-ville. if i ever meet you in prison you will be the first BOY i fuck.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineDSD
devil

Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1678252 - 07/01/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

take it up the ass like the punk you are ! knox county IS barney fiffe- ville you dumb fuck! you think you live in a big city because you have a wal-mart - shut-up and go to the mini mart and hang out --- in your metropolis.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#1680671 - 07/02/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DSD said:

take it up the ass like the punk you are ! knox county IS barney fiffe- ville you dumb fuck! you think you live in a big city because you have a wal-mart - shut-up and go to the mini mart and hang out --- in your metropolis.

You, are an idiot! What is your major malfunction?

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1680688 - 07/02/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This is the Pub...hence NO FLAMING...take it to OTD.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: Rono]
    #1682869 - 07/03/03 05:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

lmao that sounds so funny to hear

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

Loc: Earth
    #1684535 - 07/03/03 05:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

maybe if you two could learn to chill out and not get so upset over things you wouldn't have ever spent any time in jail... just an idea. now maybe i will be the first to "get it," huh DSD?

--------------------
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
- Bill Hicks

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: Being Behind Bars [Re: Crass]
    #1685425 - 07/04/03 12:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm from milwaukee too. My buddy just got arrested at summer fest for smoking pot but they took him to the police station and they had him handcuffed to a chair interagating him or whatever and he was liek and then this cop brought in this big ass black dude that was just arrested for shooting a guy in the head. He said it was really crazy. But he didn't have to go in any cell or anything.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom