Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
FL Look Alikes, growing on, in the vacinity of cow dung
    #1670618 - 06/29/03 02:19 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I am looking for any mushroom that is poisonus that grows in florida in or around cow dung, especially lookalikes. i have done a search and there are no fl specific threads, and since it seems the majority of the picking i read about happens there i felt this necissary.
pictures please
:smile: 

:mushroom2:zippoz :mushroom2: 

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FL Look Alikes, growing on, in the vacinity of cow dung [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1670628 - 06/29/03 02:23 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well, Im not from FLA. and I haven't been there since I was young.

From what I have gathered reading threads from the Shroomery, I could tell you that there are Stropharia species which look very similar to cubensis...however they are not posionous.

Depends if they are growing directly on or around the dung.

There are inactive species of Panaeolus, which you will most likely encounter. They will not bruise blue...they are not posionous, but I wouldnt eat them.

Im sure some FLA natives could help you out. GGreatone is a GGood example... :laugh:

InvisibleUrb
poor white trash
Male User Gallery

Loc: WhoDat Nation
Re: FL Look Alikes, growing on, in the vacinity of cow dung [Re: angryshroom]
    #1670967 - 06/29/03 07:11 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The Green spored Lepiota ( Here any way) grows in cow pastures. It looks somewhat similar. It is alo known as the sickener. Often spotted growing in Fairy rings. DONT EAT!

Anonymous

#1671125 - 06/29/03 10:53 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1671207 - 06/29/03 12:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hello,

There are a lot of little variables that make each shroom hunting experience inside pastures a constantly exciting hobby.

Especially here in Florida. If you are in the pastures on the correct days of the year when the fungus is fruiting the strongest; This is when the mushrooms can be observed in a complex mix of various mushroom species,

The mushrooms habitats become mixed; And the poisonous mushrooms are then more frequently found in closer proximity to the cow dungs;

Also yes, all other species grow from and/or from the ground or substrate underneath the cow patties;

Species like Chlorophyllum molybdites..an extremely cosmopolitan species growing in numerous habitats, and C. molybdites is poisonous to humans.

Stropharia species also grow directly from dung, but this is not as common to find these on the dung.

Amanita mushrooms are extremely common in pasturelands. They are poisonous to humans.

Panaeolus mushrooms are the most common to find on cow patties along the gulf coast. And Psilocybe cubensis is also most common to find on cow patties along the gulf coast.

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Offlineerjone
el cap-e-tan!

Loc: that place right by the t...
Re: FL Look Alikes, growing on, in the vacinity of cow dung [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1674520 - 06/30/03 06:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the info GGreatone. You wouldn't happen to have any pics of these species, would you? A breif description of them would be very nuch appreciated too if possible.

Edited by erjone (06/30/03 06:47 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification