Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecd666cd
Stranger in thenight

Loc: quebec,Canada
best of the best in strain
    #1669346 - 06/28/03 11:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

im looking for the strain that would have those qualitys, easy to grow, very resistent to contamination, high yield and potenty, does such a strain with all those qualities exist?????

--------------------
Sure i have a deep and positive message...........but i just lost it somewhere in my head...
pi.....un jours yavais un groupe ouainssss, aut'chose, le gars y s'appelait francoeur pi la........j'ai tous compris!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: best of the best in strain [Re: cd666cd]
    #1669380 - 06/28/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Creeper...........

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

#1669442 - 06/28/03 12:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Mazzys are really easy and have good size fruits...

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1669457 - 06/28/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ooo.. and malabar...

Anonymous

#1669562 - 06/28/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

people who are new at this seem to place alot of stress on strain selection. the truth is, it really doesn't matter. cubensis strains are all pretty similar and your results will depend alot more on substrate, casing, environmental conditions, and luck than it does on strain.

pick one that you like how it looks.

that said, B+, Equador, Golden Teacher, Creeper, and Cambodian are all excellent strains and would be good for a beginner.

OfflineShroomBoarder
screechingweasel fan

Re: best of the best in strain [Re: ]
    #1669568 - 06/28/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

im gonna say B+, theyre my favorite strain

--------------------

"Twizzlers, in the chinesed state...."

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: best of the best in strain [Re: ShroomBoarder]
    #1669901 - 06/28/03 05:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ecuador

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinecd666cd
Stranger in thenight

Loc: quebec,Canada
Re: best of the best in strain [Re: Hippie3]
    #1669931 - 06/28/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

wow, gonna need another house just for the shrroommmsss, lol
well, i should be getting a print of those hippie3, so these are the first i will be testing, got the gulf coast now, but im not impressed, so im looking for something better, thanks guys for the good suggestions, but dont stop here please

--------------------
Sure i have a deep and positive message...........but i just lost it somewhere in my head...
pi.....un jours yavais un groupe ouainssss, aut'chose, le gars y s'appelait francoeur pi la........j'ai tous compris!!!

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
    #1669966 - 06/28/03 05:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i tried creeper for my first grow...i am an complete idiot...i only had 9 colonized jars and i yeiled almost 2 ounces dry
plus potency wise they are a mindfuck

CREEPER!

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: best of the best in strain [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1670009 - 06/28/03 06:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You can use Lipa Yai's. They are very forgiving. I grew them in 4 oz jars and still got them to fruit. They didn't well but still. If you grow em on popcorn and case them you can get it colonize in like... a week or two, and the casing colonizes in a matter or days. I have heard as few as 5 days. They are contam resistant and they are an agressive colonizer.
I would have to go with cambo's though as the fastest bad ass colonizing mushroom. Cambo's are the fucking mike tysons of the mushroom world and they will knock your ass down!

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
Re: best of the best in strain [Re: lemunhed]
    #1670093 - 06/28/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm another Lipa fan (and Thai strains in general)..one of the fastest of colonisers I find,  though the fact people seem to get such varied results with them might suggest that what one vendor sells as LY is totally different to what another vendor sells. Two grams grown on birdseed gave a quite experienced friend of mine his "best ever shroom experience", which is around half of his normal dosage with other strains :wink: 

Offlinejonas

Re: best of the best in strain [Re: Sorted]
    #1670143 - 06/28/03 07:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My gorilla is growing some Golden Teachers, Pink Buffalos, B+, Gulf Coasts, and treasure coasts. The Golden teachers and b+ were started first and the Golden Teachers have really taken off. A few days later the other strains were started. Well lemme tell you, after a short time, its safe to say that PB's and Golden Teachers are very fast colonizers, at least compared to the others. I'd highly suggest these two, cant comment on personal experience as far as trips go with these two, but I'll post trip reports when my gorilla harvests them.

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: best of the best in strain [Re: jonas]
    #1670192 - 06/28/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I once met a bambi that had experience with Equador, Koh Samuis, Tapalpa and Matias Romero and for some reasons, had better success with Tapalpas (colonization speed, fruiting, etc...).

She's pretty sure it's just pure luck tho and by no mean she will tell that Tapalpas is an easier or better strain than everyone else.

If you can grow a cube, you can easily grow every strain.

.fs.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: best of the best in strain [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1670459 - 06/28/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, I guess I will add my input as well, although I have still to try a number of strains. Out of all I have experienced, I would have to say it is a very close tie between Malabar?s and Hawaiians. The Malabar?s get the vote for my favorite though. The Hawaiians seem to be a little strong in the smell and taste department for my likes, but they are just picture perfect beautiful and yield very well. Out of all my trips, 3 grams of Malabar had me muttering ?too much? for about 2 hours while I drooled and just existed. Good batch that time, almost too good?

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineHillBilly777
Heterotroph

Re: best of the best in strain [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1670460 - 06/28/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I once knew a cowboy that grew both equadors and thai k.s. Both were rapid colinizers, he said, and yielded bountiful harvests, with the thai colonizing faster, but producing the smaller fruits. When it came to potency however, he told me that the ecuadors were rather disappointing to his tastes; he reported a mellow, drunken trip. He said that the thai however, was a little piece of heaven, and he truly believes himself to be a better person for having had them.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: best of the best in strain [Re: HillBilly777]
    #1670517 - 06/28/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Can anyone report on the trip of Puerto Rican? Thats what my kitten is growing right now and probably what her very first trip will be upon.

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: best of the best in strain [Re: HillBilly777]
    #1670543 - 06/28/03 11:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Lipa Yai, Huautla (maybe a little less resistant to contaminants but potent.....)  and Orissa s are the types ,i know of ,which are the strains that are easier to cultivate and guess will satisfy your needs!.......  :wink:

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: best of the best in strain [Re: ph_plus]
    #1671461 - 06/29/03 12:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Orissa India Cubensis an EXTREMELY large growing cubensis that spawned from elephant dung has blessed us all. This strain of cubensis has to be one of the largest growing anyone has seen. Originally brought to us my entheomycologist John Allen, once again a big thanks John, this one really rocks the boat. Ever seen dinner plate sized mushrooms? Even on simple rice cakes this one grows some rather large mushrooms.Pro growers tells me although the first flushes at times can be unstable, the rest are outstanding and produce these monster mushrooms like they have never seeen. The Indian cubensis also grows around most green mold like its nothing. They continue to flourish around green mold like Oyster mushrooms do. I guess it must be something in the elephant dung that has helped this mushroom develop and immunity to most green mold (trichodermia) The more I have worked with it the better it gets.
Colonizing speed is average, potency is extreme for a cub.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1672052 - 06/29/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

so far I've grown: B+, Eq, Cam, PB, LY. B+, Cam and Eq's have to rate in my grow books as the easiest to grow and great for Newbies. I recently finished the first flushes of PB and Ly and had tiny fruits off the first flush on the Lipa's, the PB's faired much better and yielded large fruits. I do notice that thai strains colonize very fast and aggresively, but take a little more time to fruit. but that's just my experience. my fav though had to be cambo's. still.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Re: best of the best in strain [Re: soochi]
    #1672164 - 06/29/03 07:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Mazzys may be slower but they are imho the cleanest trip.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck