Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFloridaShroomer
Stranger
Help IDing shrooms found in FL
    #1669828 - 06/28/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I went shroom hunting for the very first time today. It was fun because i actually found some.....but some very strange ones that i cannot seem to come anywhere near identifying in any field guide or website. I found all of them in a cow pasture, the one that i am guessing are cubenis were found directly in the cow dung, the others were under a tree near some dung. Please help me with what these are. I want to eat them but want to be 100% sure. Please see the picture....(all of the top three have white gills, the one on the very right has a pinkish/red color at the bottom of the stem. Thanks guy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Help IDing shrooms found in FL [Re: FloridaShroomer]
    #1669838 - 06/28/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well if you want to be 100% sure, the most important thing is a spore print. You are working on those, I'm assuming?

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineFloridaShroomer
Stranger
Re: Help IDing shrooms found in FL [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1669847 - 06/28/03 04:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well i was planning on eating them tonite if i get them identified... never done a spore print but i will do it if i have to

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1669859 - 06/28/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, dude... Never eat anything you've found if you haven't done a spore print on it. They're real easy to do... Just cut off the cap of one of the mushrooms, place it (gills facing down) on a notecard or piece of paper, and place a glass overtop of it. Then wait a few hours (I think maybe 24 is recommended?) and check the color of the spores that the gills have dropped on the paper.

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1670012 - 06/28/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If you want those identified, you're going to need to show us the undersides of the caps. You also need to give us a description of the things we can't tell from a photo (are parts of them sticky or slimy, do they bruise, do they smell). And, as RebelSteve mentioned, get spore prints. As you learn to identify mushrooms, you will find that you need to know the spore print color as one of the very first things.

Your possible cubensis are definitely not. They don't even look very much like them. I can't tell from the photo, but it is possible that they are another active species. We definitely will need a spore print.

If the others all have white gills (and white spore prints) then they aren't active.

So you might as well calm yourself down about eating them tonight. The odds are that you have nothing active. Try changing your goal to being able to identify an active species or two and being able to find them. Once you're finding them, save them up for an appropriate date.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: Help IDing shrooms found in FL [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1670073 - 06/28/03 07:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yea anyways those dont even look like enough to get a "buzz"

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Anonymous

#1670089 - 06/28/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1671353 - 06/29/03 11:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I?m going to take a few stabs at IDs.

The first one looks like some type of russla or Amanita. Could be poisonous. Do not eat!

Second one, I don?t know, why?d you bother picking a mushroom in that state?

Third... Is that a mushroom or some trash?

You?re not even close on your suspected cubensis.

You?ve got a TON of reading to do if you want to succeed in mushroom hunting. First, READ THE FAQ. I don?t know why people don?t take that hint at the top of the forums. Maybe we should make it blink or something?
After you have read the FAQ... before you make ANY new threads, like Mr. Mushrooms said:

OfflineFloridaShroomer
Stranger
Re: Help IDing shrooms found in FL [Re: Gumby]
    #1672543 - 06/29/03 10:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

truth is ....im a lazy bastard. I did a spore print on the one on the very right and it was white so i threw it out.... i came to the conclusion that the other 2 were rotted and threw them out as well. AS for the cubenis ....WAY to small to eat so i threwem out.

Anonymous

#1672749 - 06/29/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder