Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread...
    #1669716 - 06/28/03 03:17 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

Luvdemshrooms wrote:

babytripster said:
That almost sounded halfway convincing.

I thought you hated liars. Hmmm........................

I do.

See if you can follow along. All the announced candidates are known liars and / or weasels. Knowing that... I will cast my vote for the least offensive. That would be the man currently in office.

I've said here before that I wish there were better choices. Until there are.... I'll vote for the one least likely to cause problems.

-------------------------------------

somebodyelse

OK, let's do a Dean / Bush comparison. What problems exactly do you believe that Dean would cause? What would Bush do better? Where is the record of Dean's chain of lies as bad as the one cited for Bush?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1667323&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread... [Re: somebodyelse]
    #1669724 - 06/28/03 03:20 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

He's gonna luv dis.  :rolleyes: 

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread... [Re: somebodyelse]
    #1670023 - 06/28/03 06:44 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

Thanks. I missed that one.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1670288 - 06/28/03 09:05 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

*bump*

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread. [Re: somebodyelse]
    #1674089 - 06/30/03 01:41 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

yawwwwwn...... *bump*

Anonymous

#1674255 - 06/30/03 02:48 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

He just assumed any republican is better than a democrat. luvdemshrooms always votes for his party no matter how poor his candidate is. That's why he voted for Bush, the worst president in American history.

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread. [Re: ]
    #1674261 - 06/30/03 02:50 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Well naturally, because his programming overrides his thinking. Poor robot. Still, I'm gonna keep bumping until he replies.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674282 - 06/30/03 03:04 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

somebodyelse said:
Well naturally, because his programming overrides his thinking. Poor robot. Still, I'm gonna keep bumping until he replies.

Actually I had replied but I lost it in my haste. I was going to again but since you're so impatient I'll just give the short response. Dean falls under the weasel heading. I'm sadly familiar with him as he comes from the state next door to mine.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

#1674289 - 06/30/03 03:08 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Sure. Whatever. No links? No sites with compendiums of his lies and double crossings? No quotes of his doublespeech?

Anonymous

#1674291 - 06/30/03 03:10 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Who needs facts when you are as smart as Lovethemmushrooms.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674299 - 06/30/03 03:17 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

somebodyelse said:
Sure. Whatever. No links? No sites with compendiums of his lies and double crossings? No quotes of his doublespeech?

Nope. I just don't like his "social program" stance. He a libbie, I'm not. Sums it up as nicely as I feel inspired to do.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674303 - 06/30/03 03:18 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

babytripster said:
Who needs facts when you are as smart as Lovethemmushrooms.

And who needs to say anything stupid when you're the best at it?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1674314 - 06/30/03 03:23 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

This is fun. I feel like I'm in high school again.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674316 - 06/30/03 03:25 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

babytripster said:
This is fun. I feel like I'm in high school again.

I suspect you never left.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1674323 - 06/30/03 03:27 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

oh well I left it but I didn't learn much since high school is evil

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674329 - 06/30/03 03:31 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

babytripster said:
oh well I left it

Way too soon it seems.

Quote:

I didn't learn much

Of that there is no doubt.

Quote:

high school is evil

Yes, those bastards actually expect you to learn there. No wonder you didn't like it.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1674332 - 06/30/03 03:32 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

You have forever scarred my shroomery reputation. Shame on you.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674339 - 06/30/03 03:34 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

babytripster said:
You have forever scarred my shroomery reputation. Shame on you.

How can you scar what already sucked so bad it couldn't be any worse?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1674344 - 06/30/03 03:35 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

tu she

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674353 - 06/30/03 03:39 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

babytripster said:
tu she

I think you'll find it's spelled.....
Touch

--------------------

Anonymous

#1674374 - 06/30/03 03:48 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

I always wondered how it was spelled. And... how do you get that little mark above the e?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674378 - 06/30/03 03:49 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

With a pencil.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1674382 - 06/30/03 03:50 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

But you don't use a pencil on a computer anymore. I want answers chicken legs.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674387 - 06/30/03 03:52 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Try a magic marker on your screen.

The mark will go away when you click "Continue".

--------------------

Anonymous

#1674393 - 06/30/03 03:54 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Now that sounds like a lie.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674397 - 06/30/03 03:55 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

babytripster said:
Now that sounds like a lie.

Hmmm.... if you can recognize them when you hear one, why do you tell so many?

--------------------

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

#1674398 - 06/30/03 03:55 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Alright, a LuvDemShrooms classic. Is doublespeak endemic in your political circles?

You said:

"See if you can follow along. All the announced candidates are known liars and / or weasels. Knowing that... I will cast my vote for the least offensive. That would be the man currently in office."

and

"I've said here before that I wish there were better choices. Until there are.... I'll vote for the one least likely to cause problems."

I replied:

"OK, let's do a Dean / Bush comparison. What problems exactly do you believe that Dean would cause? What would Bush do better? Where is the record of Dean's chain of lies as bad as the one cited for Bush?"

Your answer now is:

"Nope. I just don't like his "social program" stance. He a libbie, I'm not. Sums it up as nicely as I feel inspired to do."

I guess you're going on that "Black is white on the last monday of the month" clause of reality?

Edited by somebodyelse (06/30/03 03:56 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674422 - 06/30/03 04:08 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

No, try again.

I said liars and / or weasels.

Dean is a weasel. (which is why I didn't post a "chain of lies")

Hence the "and / or"

Try and keep up lil fella.

IMO (you do know what that means I hope) he is a weasel because of his stance on social programs. Now anyone who has done any reading here at all knows my stance on social programs. I'm not inspired enough to do so again, so if you want specifics, remove your head from that dark place you keep it, climb down from your high horse, and go look.

Do yourself a favor..... wait ten minutes, reread your respone, and then if it still doesn't seem foolish to do, then and only then, click "Continue".

You'll be happier for it.

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1674429 - 06/30/03 04:12 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Bush, the worst president in American history

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

#1674437 - 06/30/03 04:16 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

That's a straw man and you know it. The original thread was discussing *credibility*. Credibility and political positions are entirely different. You would rather vote for somebody with no credibility than somebody who sticks to his word? Don't you think (especially given y'alls arguments in the 911 thread that Bush was incompetent rather than complicit) that we should start choosing presidents based on their ability to function? Fine, you don't like Dean because to you his politics suck. So why the fuck is the right not pushing an alternative to Bush? Bush lies, and you admit as much (at least by your silence on the other thread). Thus if you support him, you're endorsing dishonesty in the highest political position in the land. Says something for your politics, I think.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1674466 - 06/30/03 04:26 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

don't try to reason with him, it's useless

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674514 - 06/30/03 04:42 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

somebodyelse said:
That's a straw man and you know it. The original thread was discussing *credibility*.

Come-on slomo... the question was....
"Read this, and then tell me why you'd still vote for him in the next election." I did so. I consider the Democrat candidates to be liars and / or weasels. The question was asked. I answered.

Quote:

Credibility and political positions are entirely different.

The subject line mentioned credibility. The line in the post asked why Someone would vote for him. A specific question was answered. I'm sorry you can't seem to grasp that.

Quote:

You would rather vote for somebody with no credibility than somebody who sticks to his word?

Just because you feel Bush has no credibility, doesn't mean the rest of the world must agree with you.

Quote:

Don't you think (especially given y'alls arguments in the 911 thread that Bush was incompetent rather than complicit) that we should start choosing presidents based on their ability to function?

While I understand the y'alls to mean more than just me, I can't answer for the others.

In my case, I think Bush functions just fine. Especially compared to any democrat president we've had in recent times.

I don't think he did anything wrong in his handling of 9/11. Unless you're a mind reader and know word for word what happened that day, and have some special access to info as to what was going on behind the scenes.

Quote:

Fine, you don't like Dean because to you his politics suck.

Yup.

Quote:

So why the fuck is the right not pushing an alternative to Bush?

Good question. I've said before and here it is again.... I didn't vote for him in the primary. I wish there had been a better choice. However, Bush is far superior to Gore. As such I voted for the best of two shitful choices.

Quote:

Bush lies, and you admit as much (at least by your silence on the other thread).{/quote]
So to you silence is admission? Sad. I'd have thought there was more going on for you upstairs than that.

Quote:

Thus if you support him, you're endorsing dishonesty in the highest political position in the land.

Lame, but from you.... not at all unexpected.

Quote:

Says something for your politics, I think.

Give up thinking then. You don't seem very good at it. It says nothing other than he's the best choice available at this time.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1674527 - 06/30/03 04:47 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Just because you feel Bush has no credibility, doesn't mean the rest of the world must agree with you.

I would say the majority of the world does agree with him considering Bush's actions spawned the largest protests the world has ever seen.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (06/30/03 04:47 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread. [Re: Rono]
    #1674535 - 06/30/03 04:50 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

And what the rest of the world thinks counts for..... what?

I'll answer for you. Squat.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1674541 - 06/30/03 04:53 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

You made the "world" statement...not me...I'm just the one that shot it to shreds.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread. [Re: Rono]
    #1674554 - 06/30/03 04:55 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Rono said:
You made the "world" statement...not me...I'm just the one that shot it to shreds.

You consider that "shooting it to shreds"?

Methinks you've been wearing that dress up around your neck and it's cut off the blood supply to that Canoodian Brain.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1674561 - 06/30/03 04:56 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

It's not just the rest of the world. a lot of Americans believe that Bush has no credibility. the difference is that nobody here really cares as long as he's bombing the hell out of some muslims, who gives a fuck about credibility?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread. [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1674563 - 06/30/03 04:57 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Hey, as long as he bombing somebody.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1674616 - 06/30/03 05:13 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Maybe you live in a part of the country where Bush is God. that's why you believe that people actually think he has credibility. He has no credibility. his domestic and foreign policies has been disastrous. we're stumbling from one crisis to another and people still praise Bush? for what? because we're "winning" the war on terror?
I actually liked Bush when he came to office, I gave him a chance. but after a couple of years I would say that he has zero credibility and has done a generally lousy job.
What's really disturbing is that to his supporters, it's like he can do no wrong. That's very scary, we shouldn't be so forgiving of our leaders, it doesn't serve the interests of democracy. It's a slippery slope we're headed down, but you already knew that, you just don't care.

OfflineBillMcShroom
    #1674624 - 06/30/03 05:14 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Im from the UK so American political issues bother me very little but i'll say one thing for bush, he did react pretty majorly to 9/11 whereas some might not have. Also I think that the war in Iraq was justified, even if Bush just wanted a hand on the oil fields it needed to happen.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674650 - 06/30/03 05:24 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Nope, not God. Just a hell of a lot better than the last guy.

He can do wrong and for you to say I don't care is, to put it bluntly..... stupid.

I don't like the Patriot Act.

I don't like prescription drugs for seniors, or anyone for that matter.

I don't like the fact he's willing to renew the "assault weapons ban".

I don't like that he wanted to give amnesty to illegals.

I don't like that he wanted the "tax cut" to go to people who don't pay taxes.

There are others but that should be sufficent.

I don't think he makes the best president.

I do think he was the best of bad choices.

I think he's better than the 9 clowns running on the democratic ticket.

If it comes down to them or him, it will be Bush.

He's the better choice.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1674707 - 06/30/03 05:47 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

"Hey! vote for ME! I suck less than these other guys!"

is this what our country has come to?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1674954 - 06/30/03 07:34 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
"Hey! vote for ME! I suck less than these other guys!"

is this what our country has come to?

It is sad.

Better to vote for the lesser of the evils than to vote for someone who hasn't a rats chance in hell of getting elected, thus tossing the win to the worst of the two possible winners.

I'd love to have a viable Libertarian candidate to vote for.... when one comes along that can win, he'll be the one I vote for.

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1675349 - 06/30/03 09:48 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

It is sad.

so you admit Dubya as president is sad. youre learning.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread. [Re: 1stimer]
    #1676137 - 07/01/03 04:07 AM (17 years, 18 days ago)

No, perhaps you'll learn. I said quite some time ago That I wished the Repubs had had a better candidate.

Perhaps you should learn how to read.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1676203 - 07/01/03 05:02 AM (17 years, 18 days ago)

If you don't call Bush a dictator you're in love with him, you can't just disagree with him on certain things. It's all or nothing with these guys.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1676217 - 07/01/03 05:11 AM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
If you don't call Bush a dictator you're in love with him, you can't just disagree with him on certain things. It's all or nothing with these guys.

I know but just because some here are pathetic asswipes doesn't mean we all need to be.

--------------------

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
    #1677815 - 07/01/03 07:31 PM (17 years, 17 days ago)

Wow, this is the longest thread of mindless insults I've ever read (or half read). Good work guys.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1687333 - 07/05/03 01:06 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

I think he's better than the 9 clowns running on the democratic ticket.

Out of interest, have you ever thought a democrat candidate was better than the republican one?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Hey LuvDemShrooms - You forgot to reply to this thread. [Re: Xlea321]
    #1687554 - 07/05/03 05:55 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

I've voted for several candidates who were democrats.

Some won, some didn't.

It's a small percentage of the votes I have cast, but I do vote for the candidate I feel is best, not for the candidate of any particular party.

--------------------

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

#1688164 - 07/05/03 02:39 PM (17 years, 13 days ago)

I'm genuinely curious what you see in the democratic contenders that so appals you in comparison to the B-Ad.

Bush, you admit, "stretches the truth" aka lies.
Ashcroft, you admit, is scarily overreaching in his pursuit of control of our lives.
Cheney & Rumsfeld are so entrenched in the revolving door system that I bet you don't believe they're particularly concerned about the greater good.
Perle & Wolfowitz to me are scary.
Norquist is simply a troll.

Do you believe in any of these people?

Then what do you see as so horrific in the dems (apart from your perception of them as "soft on welfare", which, let's not forget, they're not in a position to be given the tax legacy they will be handed by the B-Ad)?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion