Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Weild and Crazy * 1
    #16682076 - 08/11/12 01:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

So I want to start a thread of everyone's weildest weilii stories. Let's hear 'em folks!
This morning I went to one of my patches (the only one currently fruiting prolifically), after noticing a bunch of nickel sized caps yesterday evening. I was certain that after the night's thunderstorms, the 8 or 10 caps would be of decent size, maybe even a few ready to be picked. Well, upon entering the forest, I immediately saw... a swamp. DAMMIT. I couldnt even fathom a way of getting back to where they were without some sort of floatation device. I decided to grab two larger sized logs and stand on one, throw the other out in front of me, step on it, retrieve the other log, then repeat. Finally got to where they were, shoes soaked (the logs didnt work at all...) and I saw the entire patch under about 4 inches of water. Scuba weilii. Anyway, I tried not to lose my lid, and grabbed one of the caps to see if they were gonna make it. Everything seems okay, and i'm hoping the area will drain and the patch will survive (hell, maybe the flooding is why it was the only patch pumpin' anything substantial.) I decided it was bust, and my only option was to go exploring for new patches. I ended up hunting for about 3 hours, finding practically nothing but a few more pluteus salicinus, then decided to head home. Like a puppy with its tail between its legs, I wandered around the back of my house to discard the crap from my foraging basket, when something leapt out at me. WEILII. RIGHT OUTSIDE MY BACK DOOR. Gotta love these fuckers. They make you work, sweat, walk miles, then just plant themselves at your doorstep. I have heard a few stories of this sort, but want to figure out just how common this type of freaky scenario happens with this species. Anyone care to share their weild weilii stories?

--------------------
Species List (Georgia): Psilocybe caerulescens/weilii, Psilocybe atlantis/galindoi, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe fagicola, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus cinctulus, Panaeolus fimicola, Panaeolus olivaceus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Pluteus salicinus

(Ohio): Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Pluteus cyanopus, Pluteus salicinus sensu lato..., Panaeolus cinctulus, Gymnopilus luteus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus

Edited by Hashfinger (10/15/12 07:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemycoscopy
Mushkateer
 User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: Hashfinger]
    #16682176 - 08/11/12 01:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Great story, can't wait to read more! :popcorn:

--------------------
Mushroom nerd, future farmer, lab rat.
Anything I say about psilocybes is purely hypothetical.

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: mycoscopy]
    #16682312 - 08/11/12 02:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You already know what everyone is going to say...

Pics or it didn't happen!

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: Ran-D]
    #16682334 - 08/11/12 02:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Pics comin'. Just for you!

--------------------
Species List (Georgia): Psilocybe caerulescens/weilii, Psilocybe atlantis/galindoi, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe fagicola, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus cinctulus, Panaeolus fimicola, Panaeolus olivaceus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Pluteus salicinus

(Ohio): Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Pluteus cyanopus, Pluteus salicinus sensu lato..., Panaeolus cinctulus, Gymnopilus luteus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #16682344 - 08/11/12 02:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:cool:

I did have a similar story happen with Ps. cyanescens, accidentally discovered a patch at my old house while looking for my dogs toy.

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: Ran-D]
    #16682404 - 08/11/12 02:21 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ran-D said:

Ninja please...

--------------------

OfflineGanja-Guru

Loc: Weilii Country
    #16689335 - 08/12/12 07:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Nice! I've been checking the only patches I know(grass) pretty hard with all this rain and haven't come up with anything yet. I have never found woodland weilii this south of Atl ( Henry county )

OfflineDoobiously
iShroom
Male

Loc: Orlando FL
Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: Ganja-Guru]
    #16689416 - 08/12/12 07:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Too bad they apparently only grow in georgia :/

--------------------

P.Cubez Plz.

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: Doobiously]
    #16689433 - 08/12/12 07:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Havent seen any lawn variety yet, other than these ones with the ninja. I think they must've just been some transplanted spores from my shoes or something. Check forested areas with clear-cut swathes through them. Look for lots of grasses and weeds and shit that grows back 1-3 years after the land was cleared. Actually, they do grow outside georgia, because weilii are not weilii. they are caerulescens.

--------------------

OfflineDoobiously
iShroom
Male

#16689457 - 08/12/12 07:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hashfinger said:
Havent seen any lawn variety yet, other than these ones with the ninja. I think they must've just been some transplanted spores from my shoes or something. Check forested areas with clear-cut swathes through them. Look for lots of grasses and weeds and shit that grows back 1-3 years after the land was cleared. Actually, they do grow outside georgia, because weilii are not weilii. they are caerulescens.

and when you say outside of georgia you mean florida?

:excited:

--------------------

P.Cubez Plz.

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#16689469 - 08/12/12 07:53 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Actually yeah I believe I do remember reading a post about a find in FL. Most likely north FL, but hey, be hopeful regardless! Spores travel.

--------------------

OfflineDoobiously
iShroom
Male

#16689483 - 08/12/12 07:55 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hashfinger said:
Actually yeah I believe I do remember reading a post about a find in FL. Most likely north FL, but hey, be hopeful regardless! Spores travel.

Well I live in Central Florida, ima check my lawn tomorrow. Cross dem fingers lol

--------------------

P.Cubez Plz.

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#16689527 - 08/12/12 08:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've got my fingers, toes, and dick crossed for you. Good luck mate!

--------------------

InvisibleGravija
Make way for the cavalcade
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #16689560 - 08/12/12 08:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hashfinger said:
Quote:

Ran-D said:

Ninja please...

:lol:

--------------------
Listen to my music

Here

Offlinebluetype
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: GA
Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: Gravija]
    #16694432 - 08/13/12 04:50 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

http://

Offlinebluetype
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: GA
Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: bluetype]
    #16694478 - 08/13/12 04:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

found em today. super awesome

InvisibleFunki Porcini
Male
Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: bluetype]
    #16694503 - 08/13/12 05:02 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bluetype said:
http://

Great finds bro:thumbup:

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: Funki Porcini]
    #16695637 - 08/13/12 08:24 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

oh ya nice ones!!

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Re: Why do weilii play tricks? Little fuckers... I love 'em. [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #16696428 - 08/13/12 11:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You my boy Blue! Way to go man! :thumbup: Bet you found those in pine straw huh? They are real beefsters.

--------------------

Invisiblenorthgahunt
Genesis 1:30, 9:3

#16697284 - 08/14/12 05:18 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hashfinger said:

I am still not convinced weilii are not weilii. To many factors against this.

Weilii may be a var of p.caerulescens, but each have their own distinctive characters which distant each other. Basically, I do not believe that p.weilii can be found in the same expanded region as p.caerulescens have been.

Where are all the findings, personally can't believe that the only people that find weilii are in the north ga area.

Weilii have an over powering distinct smell, have you ever seen a description of p. caerulescens which describes this type of odor?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract