Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields"
    #1669428 - 06/28/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I can across this interesting fellow. he's trying to show that god is caused by the brain by inducing what sounds like a trip - he calls it religious experience.

"As a human being, I am concerned about the illusionary explanations for human consciousness and the future of human existence. Consequently after writing the Neuropsychological Base of God Beliefs (1987), I began the systematic application of complex electromagnetic fields to discern the patterns that will induce experiences (sensed presence) that are attributed to the myriad of ego-alien intrusions which range from gods to aliens. The research is not to demean anyone's religious/mystical experience but instead to determine which portions of the brain or its electromagnetic patterns generate the experience. Two thousand years of philosophy have taught us that attempting to prove or disprove realities may never have discrete verbal (linguistic) solutions because of the limitation of this measurement. The research has been encouraged by the historical fact that most wars and group degradations are coupled implicitly to god beliefs and to the presumption that those who do not believe the same as the experient are somehow less human and hence expendable. Although these egocentric propensities may have had adaptive significance, their utility for the species' future may be questionable"

here is the page

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields" [Re: Malachi]
    #1669520 - 06/28/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

(Mer)-(Ka)-(Ba)

(Counter-rotating) (fields) of (light)

--------------------

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1670028 - 06/28/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Great post

i agree that its all a product of the mind.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields" [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1670299 - 06/28/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

shroomism, could you explain merkaba?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
    #1670428 - 06/28/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I like your quote, Demian was an awesome book. To tired to read the whole post though, hehe.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1671457 - 06/29/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Merkaba is a counter-rotating field of light, an electromagnetic field which surrounds every person. They are 'asleep' in most, yet once awakened, expand 55 feet out from the person. They are interdimensional vehicles.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields" [Re: Shroomism]
    #1671635 - 06/29/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

so... it's like yoga? I went to the site, and that's all I could make of the 'techniques'... is there something I missed? it's just, like, stretching and chanting and stuff, right?

anyway, this guy Michael Persinger puts a helmet on you that makes 4/5 people trip out. very concrete.

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

Anonymous

Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields" [Re: Shroomism]
    #1671688 - 06/29/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Actually if you trace back the word roots correctly, Merkaba means "mother stone".

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1671890 - 06/29/03 04:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The link doesn't work

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields" [Re: Learyfan]
    #1672573 - 06/29/03 10:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #1672590 - 06/29/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If you think about it, everything really is an INNER journey. Once you are able to see things clearly you begin to realize that demons, evil, truth, ignorance etc all come from within.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields [Re: Shroomism]
    #1672678 - 06/29/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Merkaba is a counter-rotating field of light, an electromagnetic field which surrounds every person.

I want to know more. What kind of electromagnetic field: does it have the same frequencies as light, or is it in another part of the spectrum? What's the maximum field strength in volts per meter, and how fast does it decay? Is the field only electromagnetic, or does it involve nuclear and gravitational fields also?

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1673413 - 06/30/03 06:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

he's trying to show that god is caused by the brain

I don't believe that God is caused by the brain, but rather the brain reduces the amount of "God" that the person can experience.

When you change the way the brain functions, you change the amount of God that can be experienced

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields" [Re: ]
    #1673523 - 06/30/03 08:26 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, the word Merkaba comes from ancient Egyptian. It's actually three words.

Mer - Counter-rotating fields of light, spinning in the same place. These fields are activated through breathing exercises.

Ka - Spirit

Ba - Body, physical reality, the interpretation of that physical reality.

So in essence, Merkaba is a counter-rotating field of light spinning around specific geometric forms simultaneously affecting and connecting one's spirit and body. It is a crystalline energy field that align the heart, mind, and body together. The merkaba fluidly connects our masculine and feminine aspects. These fields normally spin around our bodies at close to the speed of light, but for most of us, they have slowed drastically or stopped spinning altogether because of lack of attention and use. It is actually a merkaba only when fully activated and spinning properly.
The Flower of Life meditation is specifically designed for the activation and alignment of the chakras and the merkaba.

Here are some images for better visualization

Spinning like so:

Try a search on Merkaba, and/or Drunvalo Melchizedek
Better yet, here is his web site - http://www.drunvalo.net/
And http://merkaba.net/main.htm

The Flower of Life Meditation, many will want you to join a workshop so as to facilitate a 'complete learning experience'..to learn every aspect of it. But it is not necessary, anyone can learn the breathing exercises.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1673579 - 06/30/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I want to know more. What kind of electromagnetic field: does it have the same frequencies as light, or is it in another part of the spectrum? What's the maximum field strength in volts per meter, and how fast does it decay? Is the field only electromagnetic, or does it involve nuclear and gravitational fields also?

Hrm, well I am not certain on any exact scientific measurements of any merkaba, as for one there are few fully activated ones, and I doubt they are seriously researched by any credible scientists. All I know for certain is that the two fields are connecting the Heavens (Space) and Earth, into the individual. As for strength in volts, any information could be sketchy at best, but research (by Dr. Laurance Johnston) has shown that healers can emit over 200 volts from their hands, while non-healers emit no more than 4 volts. One can only assume what a fully activated merkaba would emit. The field is electromagnetic, but has relationships to both nuclear and gravitational fields.

Oh yes, for anyone who will be looking for the "Merkaba Meditation"
it can be found here - http://iasos.com/metaphys/merkabah/

The last time Merkaba was taught on Earth was in Egypt during the 18th dynasty. It has recently resurfaced, brought by scientist/teacher/psychic Drunvalo Melchizedek.

Breathing is the most important thing, yet often overlooked. The key is deep, cyclic breaths.

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields [Re: Shroomism]
    #1673732 - 06/30/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the links, Shroomism.

When people speak of "fields of light" it's sometimes hard for me to discern if that is meant as a metaphor for something that is best described on a psychological or spiritual level, or if it is to be interpreted literally (or both). And when talking about electromagnetic fields it becomes even more complicated by the fact that our brains and bodies actually work like they do due to electromagnetic forces between atoms. So it's impossible to escape the connection to electromagnetism where the human psyche is concerned.

I always get a little suspicious when the first answer on a FAQ page is an answer to "How can I order audio or video and tapes?" like it is on Drunvalo's page, because that is always a good indication that it's all about making money, not about sharing spiritual insight.

But I still find it worth looking into since it seems to be based on historical teachings that were once practiced. For example, it shares the focus on breathing with many other disciplines. And this preoccupation with rotation is also found in the Falun Dafa movement.

Now this claim that humans can produce 200 volts in their hands sounds like a good solid way to establish whether it's an actual electromagnetic field or a metaphor for something else. Any replication of such a voltage measurement would be Nobel Prize material in my eyes, either in medicine, or physics, or both. Are you aware of any attempts from other scientists to replicate this?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1674395 - 06/30/03 03:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

there are better fields than the merkaba. don't take a step back if you don't have do. different things work for different people.

but sacred geometry should be taught in public school if you ask me.

Offlinetrypyamine
Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1675394 - 06/30/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That's bullshit. Shroomism is just making fun of the shroom eaters.

Offlinetrypyamine
Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields [Re: trypyamine]
    #1675402 - 06/30/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Here's another example web page

Offlinetrypyamine
    #1675479 - 06/30/03 10:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

#1675686 - 06/30/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I did a Google search on this Laurance Johnston guy who was supposed to have researched voltage given off by the hands of healers, but I didn't find any references to his experiments. The closest I got was an article by Johnston himself, here, where he writes:

Quote:

The body's cumulative electrical potential can be immense. Researchers have shown that spiritual healers' hands can emit over 200 volts; non-healers produced no more than 4 volts.

So he obviously didn't do the research himself, unless he likes to talk about himself in the third person, and he presents no references to who made these measurements.

A few minutes ago I tried measuring my own hand voltage by taking my old analog voltmeter and holding one lead in each hand, and then both leads in one hand. I tried both DC and AC settings. There was no reaction whatsoever, the needle didn't move at all. Any voltage higher than 0.05 volts would have been clearly visible. And this is a first-hand observation (no pun intended), not hearsay.

An electric eel can produce about 600 volts. The alleged 200 volts from healers is only a factor three lower than that, it shouldn't be difficult to measure.

Now Johnston might have been talking about something else like very high frequency fields, even though he didn't say that. My voltmeter probably doesn't respond at all to AC beyond 1 kHz. A microwave oven will easily produce a couple of thousand volts per meter at 2.45 GHz, and infrared and visible light from the sun has a field strength of several hundred thousands of volts per meter. But since the waves are incoherent, there is no way to get more than a fraction of a volt between any two points in the field.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1676769 - 07/01/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

if you lick your skin you'll get a 'lil reading.

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Re: this guy makes people trip with "complex magnetic fields [Re: Malachi]
    #1676981 - 07/01/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I tried it again and now I got about 0.01 volts after licking my skin. Then I turned off the lamp that was over my head, and the voltage disappeared. And when I turned it on again it came back. So it was just ordinary induction, with me being the antenna.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale