Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Lava Lamp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
whats a good setting?
    #1669258 - 06/28/03 01:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

for like 4 grams and up trips. a house even on like 1.5 grams feels uncofortalbe... but being outside isn't safe if i'm going to be losing touch with reality... where do you guys trip when you expereince ego death and that shit?

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: whats a good setting? [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1669274 - 06/28/03 01:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That really is up to you and what you find comfortable.  For me, I always prefered to be in my own home for high level doses.  If possible I always liked to have at least one other friend with me if it was a new experience for me.  I used to trip a lot by myself...and out of all of those experiences, I only had one trip where I really wished someone could have been there with me to help keep me focused during the peak.  It wasn't a bad trip, nor did I get upset or spooked...it was just such an incredible peak that it would have been cool to have someone there with me to relate the experience to.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1669386 - 06/28/03 01:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I don't trip unless Im outdoors. I feel like if Im indoors I dont experience any visuals.

Go out to a forest in the daytime! You'll see plenty of things!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1669468 - 06/28/03 02:25 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Locked away in the bedroom floating on the waterbed, at night, no kids, no music, no wife, no neighbors, no noise...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1669674 - 06/28/03 04:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I trip inside - change/turn off your music if you feel uncomfortable - get some water - breathe - relax ;P

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineWilf
Loc: England
Re: whats a good setting? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1670098 - 06/28/03 09:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I had my first trip the other day. 2.3g dry.

I had been planning for many months. My grow kit was fruiting and I harvested, dried, and weighed. I tripped a day earlier than planned because of circumstances, but was in a good mindset and knew the house was empty for the night. I had music at hand ("dark side of the moon" and "tubular bells" included) along with my guitar, a lava lamp, and some "toys" such as foil, bubblewrap, a lemon, a lime, some fragrances, etc. I also had some nuts to eat, a glass of orange, and a jumper. I had tidied away all the clutter from my room. Without going into detail I had a very interesting journey. Nothing too revalationary, but the usual stuff of breathing walls, swirling ceiling patterns etc. I also had some phenomenal closed eye visuals. I could clearly see 3D patterns of strange cogs and wheels, some of which unfolded and stretched out strange symbols and letters. Also there were what appeared to be strange spiral structures which "shot out rays of light". I was mostly in control of myself the whole time and able to get up and change the music when needed. I could also think fairly clearly during the trip.

Personally I would think state of mind would be the most important factor (especially for high doses) rather than setting. It would be ace to trip in a beatiful mountain range say, but if the mind isn't right it could be a let down. On the other hand just a simple room may not be the bastion of beauty, but if the mind is set then I suspect a good trip will ensue.

How much of the surroundings would you notice on a high dose trip anyway. On my 2.3g I had difficulty realising where I was at times, not that this was a bad thing.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1671467 - 06/29/03 02:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you are going for a level 4 or 5 trip nature is the best setting, I don?t even use music for high level trips it interferes with the experience.
My theory is that you become very sensitive at high dosages, and if your setting is not a "clean environment" you pick up all the garbage that?s floating around you.
The worst trip I ever had was in an apartment in New York City, I was so oppressed by the walls the noises etc, was truly hell.
I only trip in nature, but you have to plan it well, to venture into hyperspace is not something you want to go unprepared.
Read my link.

http://shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum5&Number=619282&Forum=Forum5

--------------------

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: whats a good setting? [Re: LOBO]
    #1671687 - 06/29/03 05:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'll trip anywhere on shrooms. I love them. If I start feeling sick I go somewhere else. Nature is also nice, just I get annoyed with bugs, and walking in the dark I almost constantly walk into spider webs, and when they get in my mouth it takes a long time for me to actually spit them out, it's VERY annoying...

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

InvisibleKthxBye
bandito furioso

Loc: bottom of the noob barrel
Re: whats a good setting? [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1671922 - 06/29/03 07:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The wilderness is the best place. For me, being indoors while tripping indoors stagnates the experience. Pretty patterns on the wall are nothing compared to the profound introspection and understanding to be gained wandering in the woods.

--------------------
I know what he wants: a drag of smooth tobbacco blended with the finest Turkish Turkweed. Here, have a toke on me you dumb beast.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: whats a good setting? [Re: KthxBye]
    #1672053 - 06/29/03 08:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Your friend's drug dealer's trailor, with a host of belligerent hicks surrounding you and consuming alcohol.

Good vibes, maaaaaan!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: whats a good setting? [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1672265 - 06/29/03 10:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

r00tg04t said:
I'll trip anywhere on shrooms. I love them. If I start feeling sick I go somewhere else. Nature is also nice, just I get annoyed with bugs, and walking in the dark I almost constantly walk into spider webs, and when they get in my mouth it takes a long time for me to actually spit them out, it's VERY annoying...

I have a severe phobia of spiders so I don't know if I could handle being in the wilderness where they might be crawling all over the place. I can't even watch them on tv anymore. I'd have to be a very secure spider-free location before I could trip in the wilderness.

OfflineAmericaNightmare
fiend

Loc: The Hyacinth House
Re: whats a good setting? [Re: MOTH]
    #1672776 - 06/30/03 02:03 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Outdoors is the only way to go for me. especially at night, lay down in a field and look at the stars, you'll see amazing things. If you plan on being...out of body...then I'd really recommend a dim room (maybe lit only by a lava lamp?), a familiar room, your bedroom say, lay down on the bed and just....bask in the glory. But, if you want to be interactive, outside is still the best.

--------------------
Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening. What a crock of shit.
--Lieutenant Dan

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Lava Lamp

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports