Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
5-Minute Video of George W. Bush on the Morning of 9-11
    #1669022 - 06/28/03 08:24 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Click here.

Quote:

Not only did the leader of the free world sit as his country was attacked, the Secret Service also
did nothing. Bush was appearing in public at a previously announced photo-op. He was a sitting
duck. The attacks were ongoing at that point (planes had yet to hit the Pentagon or the field in
Pennsylvania), and nobody knew how much more destruction was going to happen. Were there
two, three, four, eight more planes hijacked and on their way to crash into prominent buildings?
Was one headed for the school, where anyone who checked the President's public itinerary would
know he was located? Were other terrorists planning to detonate dirty nukes? Were they going to
release anthrax or smallpox or sarin? Was an assassination squad going to burst into the school and
get Bush? Was a suicide bomber going to ram a truck full of explosives into that classroom?

During the midst of the attacks, any of these things could've happened. Yet there sits Bush,
seemingly unconcerned. His Chief of Staff likewise doesn't think that America in flames warrants
the President's immediate attention. And the Secret Service utterly fails to do its job by grabbing the
President of the United States and getting him to safety. It's truly inexplicable.

Isn't it obvious to you that Bush did nothing because he knew exactly what was going to happen that day?

I'd like to hear the pro-Bush people defend these non-actions.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: 5-Minute Video of George W. Bush on the Morning of 9-11 [Re: Learyfan]
    #1669064 - 06/28/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yet another desperate grasp of Bush bashing liberals. Why does this even matter? I am done with this forum. To many irrational people in here grasping at straws.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: 5-Minute Video of George W. Bush on the Morning of 9-11 [Re: shakta]
    #1669080 - 06/28/03 09:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Instead of offering any kind of expanation you?ve decided to leave the forum all together.

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1669091 - 06/28/03 09:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I just think the quote you posted is ridiculous, and that it seems to represent a good portion of the kind of political discussion that goes on in here. Half of the threads are about how Bush stole the election, or some other BS argument about how bad he is. I am an independent thinker myself, and this kind of unoriginal thought irritates me. Sorry. What if the monkeys from the Wizard of Oz flew in the class room, and pooped acidic monkey shit on everyone?

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#1669107 - 06/28/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Still no explaination?

Why don?t you just humor me.
Quote:

Not only did the leader of the free world sit as his country was attacked, the
Secret Service also
did nothing. Bush was appearing in public at a previously announced photo-op.
He was a sitting
duck. The attacks were ongoing at that point (planes had yet to hit the
Pentagon or the field in
Pennsylvania), and nobody knew how much more destruction was going to
happen. Were there
two, three, four, eight more planes hijacked and on their way to crash into
prominent buildings?
Was one headed for the school, where anyone who checked the President?s
public itinerary would
know he was located? Were other terrorists planning to detonate dirty nukes?
Were they going to
release anthrax or smallpox or sarin? Was an assassination squad going to
burst into the school and
get Bush? Was a suicide bomber going to ram a truck full of explosives into
that classroom?

During the midst of the attacks, any of these things could?ve happened. Yet
there sits Bush,
seemingly unconcerned
. His Chief of Staff likewise doesn?t think that America
in flames warrants
the President?s immediate attention. And the Secret Service utterly fails to do
its job by grabbing the
President of the United States and getting him to safety. It?s truly
inexplicable.

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1669225 - 06/28/03 10:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Alright. I think they were perfectly safe there. The Secret Service does a pretty good job of protecting the President. Maybe they knew something some guy writing a story on the internet didn't. Maybe not. The point is hindsight is 20/20. Was it a mistake? I have no idea. Obviuosly nothing happened. It makes it sound like he was some evil lazy fucker that just sat there as we got attacked. What was he expected to do? Run down the street screaming. They were probably waiting to get a little more info, and enact a plan to get him out of there. Which they did shortly thereafter.

I have to admit something here. When Bush was elected I was pissed. I was buying all the 'he stole the election' bullshit, and after a week or so I didn't care anymore. Then 9/11 happened. I felt like my world had been shattered. The effect that event had on me changed my life. I sat by the TV for a couple weeks, watching what was happening in the world. The President gave that speach to the nation in Congress a day or two after it happened. It helped me. It gave me hope, and it showed me that we had a very strong, dedicated President that was determined to try to stop this from happening again. So far he has been successful.

All the little bullshit things that you see about the administration, the nit-picky crap. Anything that can be said bad about him usually is, no matter how trivial, or ridiculous it is. No one is perfect. All people make mistakes. Bill Clinton sure as hell made plenty. I tend to give Bush a bit of lattitude to do his job. To me he has done a great job so far, and I hope he gets reelected. I don't agree with him on all of the issues every time either. There are many things that I totally disagree with, but I feel that he has the interest of me and my fellow countrymen in mind at all times. That is his job, and he has done it well.

As I type this some real change is starting to happen in the middle east. The Palestenian terrorists groups are actually promising to have a cease fire for 3 months. Hopefully they and the Israelis can finally work something out. It may not happen this time, but I hold out hope that it will happen soon. Iran is heading towards Democracy instead of the fanatical religion based government they have now. The people are taking to the streets and protesting. They want democracy.

This leads to a point that confuses the hell out of me. All of these things are a direct result of the war in Iraq. Period. Most of you left-wingers hate religion, or at least do not care to have anything to do with it. One of your biggest pet peaves is religion in government. This happens to be one of my highly held ideals as well. Well, this is what is starting to happen in the region. Democracy generally turns out acceptable results in a country, as compared to the other options out there. Freedom is a wonderful thing. The ability to protest what your government is doing when you disagree with it, is only available in free societies. Try that in Saddam's Iraq and see where it gets you.

I think Tony Blair and George Bush will go down in history as great, historic leaders. They may turn out to be responsible for finally solving some of the problems in the Middle East. Maybe the Arab people will finally be able to live in a better world, and join most of the rest of us in the somewhat civilized world. A world they can discuss politics, and get involved openly, to change what they don't like.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1669255 - 06/28/03 11:06 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Edit:  I wrote the following before I read your previous reply.
Quote:

Half of the threads are about how Bush stole the election, or some other BS argument about how bad he is.  I am an independent thinker myself, and this kind of unoriginal thought irritates me.

You imply that any arguments about how bad Bush is are BS.  That kind of statement isn't what I would expect from someone who claims to be an independent thinker.  Every argument should be judged on it's merits.  There are a lot of very compelling arguments (and some that aren't so compelling) presented in these forums, which are turned down simply because they are either for or against Bush.

I'll agree with you in this case, however,  that based on the video alone, without any other information to go with it, that it's not enough to prove any wrong doing, especially since we couldn't hear what was said to Bush in those 2.5 seconds, and we don't know what the agents knew.  I think there's a story showing that Bush did know more, and Leary has probably already read that story (which is why he may have stronger feelings about this).  If you're the independent thinker you say you are, I would hope that you would be interested in reading that story with an open mind as well.

And when you think something is BS, chime in and tell people why, don't just call BS as you did with this thread.

Cheers!  :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Cornholio (06/28/03 11:09 AM)

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: 5-Minute Video of George W. Bush on the Morning of 9-11 [Re: Cornholio]
    #1669311 - 06/28/03 11:26 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

[edited for early morning grammar]

Shakta, have you read this?

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/timeline/index.html

Let me pose a question to you also: why is it inconeivable to so many people that the president of the united states could be...for want of a better word, "evil"? It happens all the time, all over the world - you could write volumes about the twisted dictators, gangsters and despots who wormed their way into power in the last century alone.

Do you think the Argentinians had dismissed the mothers of the dissappeared as conspiracy theorists?

Actually, one of the best models to compare this current situation to is that of Hitler - not because Bush compares directly to Hitler, but because political dissent in Germany was quashed by a terrorist act on the back of which a wave of hyper patriotism arose. Any number of political science lecturers have made this point in depth.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1669324 - 06/28/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

As I type this some real change is starting to happen in the middle east. The Palestenian terrorists groups are actually promising to have a cease fire for 3 months.

I agree. For the first time in his Presidency, Bush is finally not allowing Israel to dictate everything. It'll be interesting to see if he stays tough, or if he goes back to bending to their every last wish (as previous US presidents have done as well).
Quote:

Iran is heading towards Democracy instead of the fanatical religion based government they have now. The people are taking to the streets and protesting. They want democracy. Freedom is a wonderful thing. The ability to protest what your government is doing when you disagree with it, is only available in free societies. Try that in Saddam's Iraq and see where it gets you.

Be careful here. Those who have taken to the street to protest the US occupation are being arrested. They aren't as free as you think. Most Muslims believe that religion MUST be a part of Government. Should we not respect that because we don't believe it? I'm not saying they shouldn't have freedom or democracy, I'm saying if we don't let them choose their own Government, then they CAN'T have freedom or democracy.

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1669361 - 06/28/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cornholio said:
Be careful here.  Those who have taken to the street to protest the US occupation are being arrested.  They aren't as free as you think.  Most Muslims believe that religion MUST be a part of Government.  Should we not respect that because we don't believe it?  I'm not saying they shouldn't have freedom or democracy, I'm saying if we don't let them choose their own Government, then they DON'T have freedom or democracy.

I was talking about Iran, not Iraq. The students first started protesting against the government, and now everyday people are in most of the cities. If all the people in a country get pissed enough, things will change. Iran has a history of rebellion anyway.

Next thing. The thought that the president could be evil I agree with. Anyone can be evil. I just disagree when any little nothing story is used to try to portray him as some evil guy with strange motives or something. I am not saying Bush is a saint, I am just saying he is not as bad as people try to make him seem. I think he does a good job. Of course, no matter who the president is a lot of people will think he is a jackass. :smile:

Back to Iraq. I don't think there are massive arrests to protestors going on. If you throw rocks, or incite the people to do something dangerous you get arrested, or you get a bullet. We are still trying to secure the country, and our boys are dying every day while doing the job. Freedom as we know it does not exist in Iraq yet. It can't until a new Iraqi government takes over and everything settles down. As we round up or kill the remaining bad guys things will get better. The bad guys are the ones shooting at our guys in case you didn't know. :grin: 

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1669374 - 06/28/03 11:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I was talking about Iran, not Iraq

My mistake.

I'm off on vacation, see you guys in 1 1/2 weeks!

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1669381 - 06/28/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ah, dang. Have a good time. I was just starting to get interested again too. I think I am going to go smoke some herb and watch a movie. Everyone have a great weekend. I know I will.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1669405 - 06/28/03 11:59 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks buddy.  You too!  :stoned: 

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#1669467 - 06/28/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Whoa whoa whoa, we're getting off track here. This is about Bush's unusual response or lack there of during the attacks.

Quote:

Alright. I think they were perfectly safe there. The Secret Service does a pretty good job of protecting the
President. Maybe they knew something some guy writing a story on the internet didn't. Maybe not. The point
is hindsight is 20/20. Was it a mistake? I have no idea. Obviuosly nothing happened. It makes it sound like he
was some evil lazy fucker that just sat there as we got attacked. What was he expected to do? Run down
the street screaming. They were probably waiting to get a little more info, and enact a plan to get him out of
there. Which they did shortly thereafter.

What do I expect the President of the United States to do once he found out the country is under attack? Well it would be nice if he could

1) Leave the classroom

2) Ask what the fuck was going on

3) Ask who was attacking us

4) Leave the school in which any terrorist who wanted to could have known he was there and crashed a plane or truck bombed the place

5) Immediately find out if he needed to authorize a civilian plane to be shot down or not

There's a number of things he should have done. He did nothing. Why?

BUSH KNEW

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1669508 - 06/28/03 12:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
Yet another desperate grasp of Bush bashing liberals. Why does this even matter? I am done with this forum. To many irrational people in here grasping at straws.

You'll find that many here will blame Bush for everything from cavities in their teeth, the death of the dinosaurs, the civil war, and anything else they can think of. You'll soon realize that they wouldn't do the same if it was a Democrat doing the exact same things.

If you learn to laugh at them, it's not so bad.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: 5-Minute Video of George W. Bush on the Morning of 9-11 [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1669704 - 06/28/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Disillusionment, when it hits, is going to hit you hard.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#1669795 - 06/28/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

You'll soon realize that they wouldn't do the same if it was a Democrat doing the exact same things.

Fuck all career polititcians.

If the idea that Bush knew about 9-11 is so ridiculous why didn't you even try to explain his inaction?

He did absolutely nothing and asked no questions when America was under attack. He didn't need to.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1669834 - 06/28/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

shakta said:

You'll find that many here will blame Bush for everything from cavities in their teeth, the death of the dinosaurs, the civil war, and anything else they can think of. You'll soon realize that they wouldn't do the same if it was a Democrat doing the exact same things.

That is actually untrue.  I trust no one in the white house.  Democrat or Republican.    :tongue:

Anonymous

#1669949 - 06/28/03 05:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I am definately not pro-Bush. I do see your claim as ridiculous though

Consider that Bush was a new president ( 1 year doesnt mean shit, he even took a month vacation for the hell of it ), and that he had no clue what to do. The secret service is commanded to protect him- and so they did. It was not his choice to be hidden the way he was, and its laughable to expect him to be in command of everything. He is most certainly not your king, in control of every aspect of his kingdom.

Interestingly enough, it WAS his choice to come OUT of the bunker. And he immediately went about trying to piece together his nation. Have you ever read any Greek literature? Try Creon by Sophocles for a start. Maybe it'll explain the concept of a nation and a leader more clearly

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: 5-Minute Video of George W. Bush on the Morning of 9-11 [Re: somebodyelse]
    #1670006 - 06/28/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

somebodyelse said:
Disillusionment, when it hits, is going to hit you hard.

I'm 46. I been disillusioned. Then I grew up.

Try it someday. You'll soon learn not everything is a plot. Not everyone is out to get you.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder