Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinequestforall
very-stranger
Loc: Vancouver BC
No left or right, up or down!
    #1667487 - 06/27/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My dear brothers and sister. I would like to share a few thoughts with all of you at the Shroomery, since I find most of you to be quite open and relatively eager to know what is going on in Life.

I would first like to point out that, in most of the level 5 trip reports that I have read, the common idea and experience is of something which is beyond mind and its ability to grasp, and the idea of God or Pure Consciousness. Over and over again I read reports of people talking about them ?realizing? that God Is. Ever-present, all-powerful and within all. Also all the great scriptures speak of this one and same thing. Although completely misinterpreted by the general society, they all speak of the same thing. In every case a human being has an experience of what IS, call it God, Allah, Word of God, the One and Only One, and then, for the sake of human being they record their words on paper so that others may have the inspiration to seek, and to have the same experience, to merge their restless minds in that which is Perfect, Eternal, self satisfying, and was, is and will be the only source of pure joy. They write that focusing the mind onto this Reality liberates a man from suffering and gives him eternal rest. They also say that this reality is beyond space and time, beyond all dualities and beyond the ability to grasp with the limited mind. They encourage others to seek the living ones who are stabilized in this supreme Knowledge, and to follow in their footsteps, for they are the path, they are the living examples, they are the light posts, that lead us from the darkness of ignorance to Knowledge of that One Supreme Entity, which is out home, our mother.

So I kind of wander, what some of you are doing, some of you who have seen that God is not a myth, who have all this understanding coming from all different sides, what you are doing to go towards this, call it ?Supreme Knowledge?. I would like to know how many of you can live with a restless mind, knowing that only suffering, old age and death await you in this life as long as you, as we, live according to the desires of our mind. Many things can be done in this world, and there are many wonderful things like music and art and relationships with wonderful people, and being good and having others be good to us, and so on, but there is this one thing which needs to be done. This one thing is the primary obligation of every human being, and this obligation is to know who you are. To know where you are from, where your home is, and to know who is your Father and Mother. What other obligation may we have but to know the Almighty Lord, and to love Him, to be with Him/Her. What greater joy can there be but to Love and Know the Source of Life Itself. As Christ said to his disciples: ?Seek the Kingdom of Heaven first, and all other things shall be added onto you.?

I wish to call upon all of you who may read this, and to tell you that time and tide wait for no one. We have been given this precious opportunity, we have a human body which is designed for the elevation of spirit, we have all the necessary understanding to realize that something very great needs to be done in this life. And we have the scriptures to point out what should be done, and what should be avoided. We have the opportunity to seek, yet most, still after seeing the significance of human life, are lazy and seek to fill the never ending well of desire. Then those, lying on their deathbed will cry and regret not having used up this most precious chance, but then it will be too late, and who knows in what species we will incarnate next.

--------------------
Please look within. Try. Try more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: No left or right, up or down! [Re: questforall]
    #1668122 - 06/27/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"We have the opportunity to seek, yet most, still after seeing the significance of human life, are lazy and seek to fill the never ending well of desire."

One person's true, deep-down life passion might be seen as a simple "desire" to others. But I do see what you're talking about and indeed, it does seem to be something that people are afraid to confront during their lives. Or maybe they're not afraid, maybe they don't even know theres a reason to be afraid? Who knows.

Good post, I enjoyed it! Peace.

--------------------

OfflineElvish
enthusiast
Re: No left or right, up or down! [Re: chunder]
    #1668334 - 06/27/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmm...
interesting question....and so well put I'm almost afraid to open my mouth. anyway.

I want to tell you about my experiences with oneness and my struggle to incorporate this into an understanding of life and the resistance or indifference I've met when talking to others, but instead I'll tell ye a story.
Once upon a time not long ago when people wore pajamas and lived life slow*
Oh, wrong story.Ahem...
Once upon a time there was a cunning man who decided to play a trick upon the stupid townsfolk of a nearby village. He dressed as a holy man and began preaching of their salvation and performing 'miracles'. Soon he had quite a following and decided to take his teachings on the road. Things were going well when ,after a few years, he decided to tell his flock that they had been duped...that he had done this to show them how easy it is to fool people into seeing what they want to see. At the annual meeting he went before his congregation and told them the news. They stoned him to death on the spot and continued worshipping his teaching for two thousand years. In fact this very room is where he is rumored to have died and ...on foggy nights...

What does this mean fellow shroomeryites(?!?)
I don't know...I just thought it was a neat story. But I do think it's appropriate to say that the good life seems to be a balanced life and the balance between learning and teaching...helping others and helping yourself... is important.
Also...having considered your source you have to be a source worth considering...yeah,... and don't look at a bird's teeth while smoking crack in yr glass house! yep.OH, and be easy...fer real! no lasting (pleasent) memory is made by BLASTING someones ideology to bits!
I ,myself, try to do a lot more learning than teaching...not that anyone listens much to my ass anyhow. And when they do they fuck my shit all up...endin' up mixin' shit all up or settin' in stone an idle suggestion. In the end, we are all headed for one-ness regardless...what could I possibly say to speed things along?
Love, peace and platitudes
Leave it to the Shroomery to leave me wondering. Good post.

Edited by Elvish (06/28/03 12:32 AM)

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: No left or right, up or down! [Re: Elvish]
    #1668414 - 06/28/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I second Elvish.
Balance. Validate this knowledge to others and secure your own path. In the end, im sure you can't seperate the two anyway.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1668559 - 06/28/03 01:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

This one thing is the primary obligation of every human being, and this obligation is to know who you are.

I don't think of it as an obligation, I see it more as a liberating insight that is available for those who seek it.

When the threads of consciousness returned that defined my existance before I had this experience, I realized that there are many things a human can do with his or her life in order to make useful contributions to the ongoing creation of the universe. There are limitations of course, conditions imposed on our lives by the fact that we are stuck in these human life-forms until we die. But there are still lots of things to do apart from chasing short-lived pleasure or trying to spend as much time as possible in samadhi. For example, I think to express love is a powerful way to participate in creation, even for those who don't know who they are.

Offlinequestforall
very-stranger
Loc: Vancouver BC
Re: No left or right, up or down! [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1696638 - 07/08/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

A disciple of the Satguru kept on asking his Master. My Lord, please show me God. And the Master always replied, you are not ready, my son. The disciple was impatient and also eager, so he kept on asking and asking. One day when both of them were taking a bath in the river, the Master grabed his disciple by the hair and dunked his dead under water. The boy was swinging his hands and trying to free himself, but could not. Just as the boy was about to give up all hope and die, the Guru pulled him out and let him breathe. Then the boy asked, My Lord, why did you just do that. He replied with a question. What was the thing on your mind while you were under water. He said that only the desire to take a breath was on his mind. So the Master then said, when your desire to see God is that strong, only then will the Almighty Lord show Himself to you.

--------------------
Please look within. Try. Try more.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1697326 - 07/08/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

A broken nose here, a inflated lip there, alway makes them wonder if i am teaching anything at all. I simply dance around there constant questioning with more beating. Eventually, sometimes after many years the student with come back with a big smile on their face, we always have a good laugh, and sit down and discuss breakthrough moments over tea.

" what is the great way master?"

I have to take a shit..............

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: No left or right, up or down! [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1698626 - 07/09/03 02:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I usually shoot the disciples right between the eyes when they come and seek my guidance. That way they can experience the maha samadhi, the union with god, the meeting with their maker, immediately. :grin: 

OfflineDr_Bloothumb
WTFWJD
Male

Loc: IL
    #1699748 - 07/09/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Perhaps the bible's writers also experienced psilocybin mushrooms and had similar revelations and recognized the mushroom as an incredible gift from the Source. Check out bluehoney.org, as they should have an article on shrooms in the bible. In any case, I believe entheogens are just one of many ways to commune with the Source, and anyone who partakes of their use should keep this in mind.

--------------------
Guinness- It's what's for dinner!

OfflineDEATH666
Adonal
 User Gallery

Re: No left or right, up or down! [Re: Dr_Bloothumb]
    #1702303 - 07/10/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think so too!

--------------------
Ah Shit

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom