Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
28 Days... Later
    #1668324 - 06/28/03 01:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I want to put this up for people who have seen or who are thinking about going to see this. Post your ideas, thoughts, feelings, rages, whatever you like. I dont know too much for a philosophical discussion, other than survival and human nature. To me, if you are human, you need to go see this movie. It includes all of us, and i think it shows us more of who we are. THE WORLD ENDS. well so you think, but you find that what the real world is, is still right in front of you. Can you kill? how  :mad2: ANGRY can you get, turn into an animal, and rip the shit out of the predator... or is that the prey? who is who in this movie? who are the real infected individuals?  This movie raises a lot of great questions in not only about our government. but the values that people hold and how those "values" are sometimes the very things that get us killed and screw over our fellow human beings. This movie is good for all different people, cause like i said, if your human, you should see this movie! even if your an alien, you should see this movie, you might learn something about the human race. This movie gets down to the core of our nature. This movie exposes who we really are.

its funny last night i had a dream where this gang of ruthless fucked up men captured this teenage girl. not only had they raped her, but they had cut into her legs, and drilled holes in her knees. After that they preceeded to prod her with various tools. Then after that they came after a little girl that was hiding in my house. They took her father (it was arnold schwarseneger lol). They tried to come after the girl, but she hid herself well and i had protected her well. Someone came to get her and tried to threaten me with killing her father or her too, but i kicked his ass out of the car and killed him... Then there were more people who came in, but i made molotov cocktails. Then i yelled at some guy about how fucked up the thigns he was doing was......

Then i woke up and thought, you know maybe its good we at least have the system that we do. Cause if we didnt this shit would happen all the time. Like it said in 28 days later, men killed before the threat of the event, before the event itself, and during the event. This is what i think it exposes about human nature, getting us to really look at who we are. Showing us the pure shit that some people put on eachother, while exposing the other side to human nature, that survival instinct, to counter act our predators no matter who they are. whether they be the evil spirited humans, or  other wild animal nature.

--------------------
What?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: 28 Days... Later [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1668527 - 06/28/03 03:34 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I just saw it!  Good concept, combination zombie-flick and disease-outbreak movie.  A dose of philosophy in it.  The last third was too twisted for me tho! :eyemouth:

"Wow I value my life so much more after I saw this movie" hahaaha :lol: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: 28 Days... Later [Re: pattern]
    #1668679 - 06/28/03 05:19 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yeah the movie fell apart after the second act, other than that it was tight.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1669076 - 06/28/03 11:06 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not going to see it, it is propaganda, just like the movie Signs.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: 28 Days... Later [Re: chodamunky]
    #1669217 - 06/28/03 12:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

hey chodamonky, alot of these movies of 2003 hold alot of important concepts that we all may face in the future, so usually i make it a point to see some of these movies, because i ususally don't go to the theatre.

Oh, ya and dream catcher was truely and awesome movie, it has alot to do with the hyperdimensional stuff.

*i really would like to see 28 days later, ive waiting for it to come out, its just the local theater hasn't played it yet.*

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
    #1670102 - 06/28/03 09:20 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

k, i just seen it.

A great movie, though it wasn't about what i thought it was about.

"im giving you these so you won't care" - a good part in the movie

This movie truely shows the hidious nature of us. Such posien can be found in us, ive truely been elightened into my own darkness the last couple weeks. And im amazed of what i have in me.  :oogle:

"As far as i know, now is the norm, its always been people killing people for as long as i can remember" - the solider

This movie is also has more gore in it then i excepted. Its a very good apocalyitic movie.

I like how the guy at the end of the table says,

" Man kind has been on this earth, for not a very long time, if the infection takes us all, than this world would be renewed or settled (something like that) "

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
Re: 28 Days... Later [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1670284 - 06/28/03 11:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I tried to see the sneak preview....sold out.
I tried to watch it opening night.....sold out.
I bought my ticket today, I'm going to see it at 12:25 tonight

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Re: 28 Days... Later [Re: Faaip_De_Oiad]
    #1671027 - 06/29/03 08:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

HOLY
FUCKING
SHIT

crazy fuckin movie, and yet another movie that makes me proud to be human at one point and completly ashamed. (Not to mention ashamed of being male)

This movie just re-iterates the idea that the prevailing human instinct is the one for survival, and once this is secured, then the next one is for sex.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1671050 - 06/29/03 09:30 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

well, thats not quite true (if we are discussing the theme of the film) you are disregarding the actions of the main character, which go directly against the instinct to survive and have sex.

he represents humanity's most important instinct, that of transcendental idealism. the soldiers have accepted their reality to be the only reality, they have rationalized that nothing is different and nothing will change, but he believes that a world (a good, peaceful world) exists outside of britain, and consequently, he risks his life to in hopes of going to that world in the future. --------which of course is symbolic, britain represents the ideology of accepting fault, injustice and violence. and the world outside of britain represents idealistic and possible other realities.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (06/29/03 09:39 AM)

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Re: 28 Days... Later [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1671654 - 06/29/03 04:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

hmmmm ok, interesting, the theme might be about Jim's actions, but if we're talking about which human instincts prevail over others, I'm going to have to say that Jim is not in the majority, and that sex still (usually in the dumber people though) trumps most other instincts.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
    #1672118 - 06/29/03 09:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Not to mention ashamed of being male

Yeah!

As for sex its intersting what they will do in pursuit of pleasure, which takes its place higher than life!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology