Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMike Ology
Stranger
 User Gallery

Should I fruit my tub yet? Top & Sides fully Colnzed. But bottom a bit splotchy
    #16667228 - 08/08/12 06:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so I've got a penis envy tub that's 12 days in, and it looks totally colonized all around the sides & top, but when I look at the bottom of the tub, I can still see a bit of splotchy-ness. I've never had wait longer than 12 days to start fruiting and for all I know, all my previous tubs could have been splotchy on the bottom when I fruited em. I wouldn't know if it was or wasnt because I always put a black trash bag in the bottom of my tubs when I made em to keep light out, and just judged by the top to tell if it was ready, but I left the trash bag step out this time cuz I wanted to be able to look & see my progress. Well I can indeed see my progress, but now it's got me worried... Oh if it helps to know My tub was made with 4 qts of spawn, 1 brick coir, & 2 qts of verm, and the sub depth is about 2.25-2.5" deep. I know it should be a bit deeper but I've lost all of my last 6 tubs to trich so even tho I went and bought all new tubs & shit, I still wanted to keep the sub a bit slimmer than usual to hopefully get a quicker colonization time.. But what would yo guys recommend I do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Should I fruit my tub yet? Top & Sides fully Colnzed. But bottom a bit splotchy [Re: Mike Ology]
    #16667342 - 08/08/12 06:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Should I fruit my tub yet? Top & Sides fully Colnzed. But bottom a bit splotchy [Re: Doc_T]
    #16667350 - 08/08/12 06:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

He needs more threads. I'd say at least 5 more.

VV

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should I fruit my tub yet? Top & Sides fully Colnzed. But bottom a bit splotchy [Re: Doc_T]
    #16667351 - 08/08/12 06:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I've lost all of my last 6 tubs to trich

LC? Or spores?

--------------------

OfflineMike Ology
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16667525 - 08/08/12 06:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16664594#16664594
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16664581#16664581

:wtfsonic:

Yea I know.. I have 2 of the same Grow logs... I have NO idea how that happened and am byfar not a noob.. I was thinkin about askin a mod to delete the one with the least posts cuz I definitely dont need 2 of the same growlogs...

OfflineMike Ology
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Should I fruit my tub yet? Top & Sides fully Colnzed. But bottom a bit splotchy [Re: VaeVictum]
    #16667536 - 08/08/12 07:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

VaeVictum said:
He needs more threads. I'd say at least 5 more.

VV

I considered asking the question in my GL, but I figured it would be better to just make an independent post so we won't get off topic... Thats all

OfflineMike Ology
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16667546 - 08/08/12 07:03 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Quote:

I've lost all of my last 6 tubs to trich

LC? Or spores?

Neither actually. Not for the jars I used for the tubs I lost. They were grain 2 grain'd but I guess if you wanna be tecnical the jars originated from spores...

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should I fruit my tub yet? Top & Sides fully Colnzed. But bottom a bit splotchy [Re: Mike Ology]
    #16667603 - 08/08/12 07:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, don't g2g until you have a clean culture. Lesson learned there.

--------------------

OfflineMike Ology
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16669070 - 08/09/12 01:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Yeah, don't g2g until you have a clean culture. Lesson learned there.

I'm pretty sure, actually more than sure that it wasn't my spawn.. Now I know it's possible to have perfectly healthy looking spawn, and it's still be contamed, but this is how I see it... If I had any kind of mold spores in my jars,they would have grew mold and I would have saw it & threw em out. The grains are wonderfully nutritious for mold, just as they are for mycelium... So I don't think any of my jars were contamed, much less a few.. What's the odds? too high... It was just the fact that I rushed when I made the sub for the tubs and didn't give the shit long enough to let the pasteurization do it's thing. Plus I was using h poo, so that even throws another pickle in the game.. But that's really what I think it is

OfflineMike Ology
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16680876 - 08/11/12 08:01 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

we've seemed to have got off topic & I REALLY need help with my original issue cuz I 'm bout out of time. I'm ready, or at least I think I'm ready to put my PE tub into fruiting, but the bottom of the tub still has me hesitant. The top and sides appear to be totally colonized, & by appear I mean it's totally & evenly white all over. The bottom just looks like it's not fully colonized, but I really think what I'm seeing & thinking is the only mycelium is actually just spots where the myc is thinker and shows thru the tub better. All of the colonization is light too, and I've never really had a sub this light, so I'm just gonna post these pics & let you guys tell me what you think. This tub was made 15! days ago, so for it not to be ready would be crazy... Anyway check it out

OH!! BTW, NO CASING has been added

This is one of the corners>>
This is part of the side>> All of it is white, there are just some spots that stick out & are brighter
And these are just top view pics>>

Hopefully that'll give you enough visuals to give an opinion on if its ready to fruit or not.

Oh & just to give you an idea of spawn to sub ratio, I used the stardard coir recipe of 2 qts of verm & 1 brick of coir and added 4 qts of spawn 15 days ago. The tub has been kept in a closet with a temp of about 75-80 degrees.

Edited by Mike Ology (08/11/12 08:07 AM)

Invisiblefunkyfish77
out
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #16680907 - 08/11/12 08:11 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i wait for pins before fruiting a tub. pe can be slow sometimes be patient . good luck

funky

Invisiblecozc
Stranger

Re: Should I fruit my tub yet? Top & Sides fully Colnzed. But bottom a bit splotchy [Re: funkyfish77]
    #16680924 - 08/11/12 08:18 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

funkyfish77 said:
i wait for pins before fruiting a tub. pe can be slow sometimes be patient . good luck

funky

I tried to do this. I really did! I only made it until I saw a couple knots though :facepalm:

--------------------
  <--- good day :mushroom2:

Invisiblefunkyfish77
out
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Should I fruit my tub yet? Top & Sides fully Colnzed. But bottom a bit splotchy [Re: cozc]
    #16680972 - 08/11/12 08:36 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

it's hard sometimes but ether way you have to wait.i have also noticed better pin sets if i wait .

funky

OfflineMike Ology
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16681094 - 08/11/12 09:21 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well I been searching PE growlogs  since 7am this mornin, and alot of the tubs I saw were lightly colonized, meaning instead of a thick solid white, they just have a haze of white over the top. I also noticed in a few GL's that the tubs just sat & fruited for a week or so, and got whiter & whiter till the tub was super thick. Then I also saw ones that were alot lighter & hazier looking that fruited great too... So Idk, but I went ahead and drilled my holes in my tub & put my polyfil in em after I let it sit with the top off outside for about 15-20 mins. I do that every time I introduce a tub into fruiting. Its been raining all night and mornin here & had just recently stopped right before I put the tub out there, so while I didn't get the bright sunlight I'm used to always shining on the tubs for 15 mins or so when I fruit em, The conditions outside were as good as it gets for mushroom growth. I kno they arent gonna stay out there but what I mean is at least it wasn't 102 degrees..

But yea, the tub's either gonna knot in the next few days, or it's gonna sit there another week or so & just get thicker... Shrooms are soo random, especially PE, So I'm just gonna pray for the best. I used coir for the sub & pasteurized it really good so I should be safe from trich & other demons...

Oh, and when I edited & added that last part about no casing in my OP, I got to thinking & remembered that I really didn't use a casing in the sense of  a usual 50/50 peat/verm mix, but I did mix 90& of my sub& spawn together, & then covered it with a layer of plain substrate, so the myc would have had to grow thru & colonize all of that layer so that might be why it looks soo light...?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate