Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

drug testing
    #1667143 - 06/27/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i have to go in for a drug test for a job pretty soon. it's a landscaping job at a major theme park and they're not only giving me a urine test, but a hair test as well. a LANDSCAPING job! a DRUG TEST! ridiiiiiculous...i hope i pass but i'm not sure... what a load of shit.. you know how much testing my hair costs them? but i digress... anyway, this got me thinking about drug testing. it seems to be expanding more and more into people's lives.

while i think it's an intrusion of privacy and ineffective as a means of employment screening, i recognize the right of employers to drug test their employees and fire anyone that fails or doesn't comply.

but it's gone over the line in some areas. in some places, to be involved in extracurricular activities at public schools, you must pass a drug test. i've even heard that some public schools are even thinking about randomly testing the entire student body.

what would keep the government from administering drug tests as a requirement for a driver's license? it seems like something the public could be convinced to support. they could probably pull off even semi-annual hair tests for drivers. it could happen. it'd probably be the most effective way to cut marijuana use.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

Re: drug testing [Re: ]
    #1667160 - 06/27/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Or how about hooking politician's up to lie detectors ?

I beleive your talking about the USoA, and if you haven't noticed.. we're in some big debt and I doubt our government could spend a couple billion more to get a hairtest done on every single driver in this nation. Hair tests can bring up drugs you havn't done for years, so that would basically get rid of X% of the population as drivers.

As for that test of yours..

I thank you, and bid you goodbye.  :tongue:

Edited by Crass (06/27/03 11:28 AM)

Anonymous

Re: drug testing [Re: Crass]
    #1667182 - 06/27/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

hair test can detect drug use for the past 90 days tops. while expensive, hair tests for all licensed drivers would be a more cost-effective way to fight drug use than current strategies.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1667710 - 06/27/03 05:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You can get special shampoo to beat hair tests.

I don't know how well they work.

One of these days I'm going to go into car dealerships and make the owner piss in a cup for me before I even test drive a car.

I'll only do this for dealerships that drug test employees.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1667794 - 06/27/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think that most employers are more worried about training an employee only to lose them when they get arrested more than the actual drug use. I have talked to severaly employers who have said something to that effect.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: drug testing [Re: z@z.com]
    #1667818 - 06/27/03 06:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think some of them may be pressured by insurance companies.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

#1667828 - 06/27/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i just cut my hair really short, giving them 2-4 weeks of hair to work with instead of months. mwahaha. nothing a short haircut and a few hours in the pool can't get rid of.

if my hair is short, i look like a white supremacist. it never fails.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1667833 - 06/27/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My friend just took a hair test and they took a chest hair.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: drug testing [Re: z@z.com]
    #1667845 - 06/27/03 06:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i was under the impression that they actually needed many strands of hair, not just a single one for a hair analysis. i'm pretty sure the sample's gonna come from my head. i hope so anyway. i bet my body hair is pretty old stuff.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1667859 - 06/27/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe maybe not. All I know is what I have been told second hand. I have never had to take a drug test.

--------------------

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

#1668353 - 06/27/03 11:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

They need a sample of hair 1.5 inches long. They can not be done with a single hair.

-Quote from erowid

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: drug testing [Re: Crass]
    #1668421 - 06/28/03 12:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Good luck with your drug test. Let us know how it goes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder