Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: Bush's Credibility Gap [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1706324 - 07/11/03 03:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You didn't, the article you quoted did. Yes, the record sealing business stinks, I agree....but isn't that routinely done on both sides? Hell, Reagan's records, even post term, are under wraps thanks to GWB.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1706335 - 07/11/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tax cuts.

You're smart enough to know that's bullshit.  Bush is spending like there's no tomorrow.  What he's doing is tax deferments, not tax cuts.  We'll have to pay for his spending spree sooner or later through future tax increases.

Quote:

Restoring Republican control of the senate.

That in itself does nothing for anyone; the Republicans actually have to do something for it to matter!

Quote:

restoring a sense of decency to the Oval Office.

Oooh, prayer in the White House.  Makes an American athiest like myself feel really good.  :shake:

Quote:

Cut Federal funding to libraries, and other programs that the Feds shouldn't be into.
Pulled out of Kyoto.
Withdrew from anti-ballistic missle treaty.
Ok'd more oil leases.
and a bunch more that "lefties" find fault with. 

Man have you got that right.  :wink: 

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush's Credibility Gap [Re: Cornholio]
    #1706354 - 07/11/03 03:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hey I get more money. Now if the house and senate would cut out the pork and all the so called entitlement programs we'd be getting somewhere.  I realize spending is way too high as should be evident by the last post (with cartoon) I made in the political cartoons thread.

It matters because it kept from doing things I don't want them to. The repubs have done some, just not enough.

I wasn't talking about prayer. I'm an atheist myself. I have no problem with those who believe though.

And as for the "you got that right", I generally do.  :grin:

That list could have been much longer.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1706642 - 07/11/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hey I get more money. Now...

You get more today.  But you pay more tomorrow.
Quote:

I realize spending is way too high as should be evident by the last post (with cartoon) I made in the political cartoons thread.

I caught that.  I hope there's a balanced budget amendment soon to ensure presidents only spend what they have.  It's fucked up that the next president will have to raise taxes to cover Bush's defecit.
Quote:

I wasn't talking about prayer.

Well then if it wasn't prayer, and if it wasn't the covering up of naked statues in Federal buildings, then I don't know what you meant.
Quote:

I'm an atheist myself. I have no problem with those who believe though.

Me neither.  Only those who try to push their religion on others by saying God should be part of the pledge, by giving religious organizations Government money, and by breaking the oath to uphold the constitution on January 20, 2001 by declaring that religion "will have an honored place in our plans and laws."
Quote:

And as for the "you got that right", I generally do.

That list could have been much longer.

I don't see how any of those things could be viewed as good, but that's why I don't support the Republican party.  :noway:     

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush's Credibility Gap [Re: Cornholio]
    #1706660 - 07/11/03 05:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You left out the important part of the first two points....

CUT SPENDING! DON'T RAISE TAXES.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1706672 - 07/11/03 05:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
You left out the important part of the first two points....

CUT SPENDING! DON'T RAISE TAXES.

I don't disagree with that at all. I disagree that Bush is giving us "tax cuts". Because he's not. Unless he cuts spending too (which you and I both think he should), he's just giving us a tax deferment, and lying to us about what it really is.

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1706780 - 07/11/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The Patriot Act...nuff said...yes,it was bipartisan,but if the neo cons didn't have 95% of the American public brain washed,it would have never passed.

I think our bloated defense budget is why the economy is in the shitter.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by grandmasterfat (07/11/03 06:24 PM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Bush's Credibility Gap [Re: monoamine]
    #1706807 - 07/11/03 06:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

grandmasterfat writes:

The Patriot Act...nuff said...yes,it was bipartisan,but if the neo cons didn't have 95% of the American public brain washed,it would have never passed.

It wasn't the American public that voted for the Patriot Act, it was congressmen and senators. Are you saying the Democratic congressmen and senators were brainwashed by neo cons? If so, what does that tell you about their intelligence?

I think our bloated defense budget is why the economy is in the shitter.

You think the defense budget is bloated? Check this out:

excerpted from http://www.townhall.com/columnists/rebeccahagelin/rh20030709.shtml --

Quote:

This recommitment to the cause of slashing government and restoring freedom came on the heels of a speech I recently heard by Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy Thompson.

As the head of HHS, Secretary Thompson waxed eloquently about how pleased he is to control the biggest single budget in the United States government ? way bigger than even the Department of Defense (which happens to perform a function the Constitution actually requires of the federal government.)

Secretary Thompson's budget is huge. HHS spent $500 billion last year ? $120 billion more than defense ? on programs we somehow did without for 150 years. His budget, he bragged, is bigger than the budgets of all but five countries.

He then proudly boasted about how much of our lives he controls. "I regulate the food you eat. I regulate the medicines you take," he gleefully exclaimed. I stared down at my Caesar salad and images of Tommy Thompson's hands on my Romaine lettuce filled the plate. Suddenly my appetite vanished.

Thompson went on to tell a stunned audience that he had recently met with the head of McDonald's to try and convince them to make healthier food. That's enough to make me want to go on a French-fry eating frenzy ? salt, ketchup and mayo included (I love to dip my fries in mayo.)

Then Thompson told us he'd put his entire department on a diet. He even bought them pedometers ? at $15-$20 each. My boss, Edwin J. Feulner, president of the Heritage Foundation, told me he'd bought one too ? for $9. While Dr. Feulner bought his $9 pedometer with his own money, Thompson used your money to pay $15 to $20 each for the same item.

pinky

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale