Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
Invitro neglect tek (Hippie) and PF Classic (Matias Romero)
    #1647565 - 06/20/03 07:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I read several times that the PF Classic (aka Matias Romero) is the king of invitro primordiation. I was wondering if that translated into higher yields, or just more smaller mushrooms. Has anyone tried Hippie's invitro neglect tek on the PF Classic and on other strains? If so, then how much was the PF Classic yield invitro compared to other strains? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhranctoast
Stranger

Loc: NY, USA
Re: Invitro neglect tek (Hippie) and PF Classic (Matias Romero) [Re: megaman3]
    #1648068 - 06/20/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ive tried the invirto hippie tek and failed miserably.

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: Invitro neglect tek (Hippie) and PF Classic (Matias Romero) [Re: Phranctoast]
    #1648843 - 06/20/03 04:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Could someone please add "invitro" to the glossary here? I'm sure some are not aware of its meaning. Thanks, in advance.

--------------------
Ainasko is my name backwards. I'm a girl!

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Invitro neglect tek (Hippie) and PF Classic (Matias Romero) [Re: Ainasko]
    #1650575 - 06/21/03 08:55 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Invitro means in a jar. When you fruit a cake invitro, you are fruiting it inside the jar. Exposing it to light and making it carry out its fruiting cycle as normal, just in an enclosed area. Sorry if that was kind of repetative, I wasn't trying to be patronizing, just thorough.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: Invitro neglect tek (Hippie) and PF Classic (Matias Romero) [Re: lemunhed]
    #1650610 - 06/21/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I knew what it meant. I just thought such a common term should be in the glossary.

--------------------

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
    #1655947 - 06/23/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Alright, well now that we all agree on what invitro means, let's get back to my question, hehe...

Could someone who has tried invitro using the PF Classic (Matias Romero), as well as other strains, please tell me if the invitro yield for the Classic was higher than other strains?

Thanks a lot :-)

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
    #1655953 - 06/23/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Assuming conditions were identical, the yield comparison of one cubensis would be comparable to any other cubensis. There is no "super" strain.

--------------------

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
    #1656942 - 06/23/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the reply Ainasko. However, I did not ask if the yield would be higher in theory, but in practice. In other words, I wanted to hear from someone who had actually done the invitro tek with the PF Classic and other strains, to know if the PF Classic's alleged higher knack for invitro primordiation would translate into higher yield or just more small mushrooms.

I mean, if it has a reputation as being the king of invitro pinning, then perhaps using that method it would yield higher than other strains.

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
    #1660798 - 06/25/03 06:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the reply Ainasko. However, I did not ask if the yield would be higher in theory, but in practice.

Could someone who has tried invitro using the PF Classic (Matias Romero), as well as other strains, please tell me if the invitro yield for the Classic was higher than other strains?

"Assuming conditions were identical, the yield comparison of one cubensis would be comparable to any other cubensis. There is no "super" strain."

I did answer your question. Sorry you didn't like the answer.

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1660802 - 06/25/03 07:06 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

megaman3 said:.....the PF Classic (aka Matias Romero) is the king ...

i haven't done em invitro either - i have the time and space to grow more efficiently, using a humid terrarium with good air exchange. however, i have grown 'PF Classic' and Matias Romero - and i'm not sure that they are definitely the same strain. the classic may be a variety of the PESA (south american).

i'm sorry to say that i didn't like either strain. they both do much better as cakes than as casings, and i'm no cake fan. anything can pin in the jar if you leave it long enough.

good luck.  :heartpump: 

--------------------
buh

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
    #1665364 - 06/26/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Actually you didn't, Ainasko. You just quoted the FAQ. You said that generally, there is no super strain. However, the PF Classic is dubbed as the king of invitro pinning, and I wanted to know if that translated into higher yields using the invitro method. More pins could mean more overall yield using that method.

By saying "Assuming conditions were identical, the yield comparison of one cubensis would be comparable to any other cubensis," you quoted a general rule of thumb. I'm fairly sure that you haven't tried the invitro tek using the specific strains that I mentioned, as your response was a general guideline as opposed to an actual account of personal experience with this particular strain using this particular method.

If you didn't personally try the invitro method using the PF Classic strain, then please don't reply, as I'm looking specifically for personal experience accounts rather than general theoretical knowledge.

Thanks...

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
    #1665662 - 06/26/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You're assuming I haven't. I have, and answered relating my accounts. You're probably thinking I'm making that up to add weight to my statements, so please feel to disregard my experiences as you already have.

No worries. Take care.

--------------------

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
    #1665715 - 06/26/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hey mega 3.
cakes for matias s are better then to see the aborts on casings.
the above sentence is the only sentences i knew from my readings.if it means for you anything.and if you want a superb strain yes mathias s are superb imo.they are better on cakes they said.anyway i don t like cakes.im not a cake people .
and mathias is my first attempt and i failed as normaly.i have a few mycelli?m lefts from that mathias s and i m on them nearly 4 months.

and yes if i succeed to save the mycellium on the casing i want to try it on cakes.
there is a good mathias picture on casing around .you can find it.

their aborts are fullass is my only sentence that stuck in my mind.

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Anonymous

Re: Invitro neglect tek (Hippie) and PF Classic (Matias Romero) [Re: fugu]
    #1666213 - 06/27/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fugu said:
hey mega 3....
im not a cake people .

chuckle do i time every i read fugu.
sorry just kidding ya fugu. i always get a chuckle when i need one.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate