Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Loc: Sunny ol' England
Thinking of trying Wild Dagga
    #4975563 - 11/24/05 09:08 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Is it worth buying? For those of you who has used it what was it like effects and potency wise? If I were to buy it should I buy the resin, leaves or flowers?

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhitegreyhat
Huge

Loc: Northeast USA
Re: Thinking of trying Wild Dagga [Re: cubeladd]
    #4975587 - 11/24/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

it is ok nothing that great. sort of like a really mild weed/alcohol high. I have never tried the extract maybe it is better. In my opinion might as well buy a six pack with the money... but thats just me .

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4975594 - 11/24/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I bought an extract of it once. It's alright, but I wouldn't go out of my way to try it. In South Africa and that area where it's indigenous, my parents say that they saw people just sitting on sidewalks very stoned on dagga. So apparently it works, but for me I've never gotten anything more than a slightly unpleasant buzz and foul taste in my mouth.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineEnCHaNTeDHoBBiT
Drug Connoisseur

Loc: Crawling on The Forest Fl...
Re: Thinking of trying Wild Dagga [Re: dblaney]
    #4976128 - 11/24/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Some people like it but honestly it isn't very strong and your money could be better spent on other things.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Thinking of trying Wild Dagga [Re: EnCHaNTeDHoBBiT]
    #4976384 - 11/24/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have a 10x extract that I bought online. Takes like ass, but is definitely active. Mixed with marijuana, I find it adds a very disorienting and "drunk" feeling. I found it short in duration and due to the nasty taste I haven't really smoked to much more. I find that about .2grm of 10x is plenty enough for me. Also thinking of making a tincture with the remaining extract and plain leaf that I have kicking around. :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlinenijusan
shrub
 User Gallery
Loc: Gulf Islands BC
Re: Thinking of trying Wild Dagga [Re: Kerr]
    #4982367 - 11/26/05 07:20 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Has anyone experience comparing 'wild dagga' with 'klip dagga'?
'wild dagga'= leonurus leonotis
'klip dagga'= leonurus nepetefolia

I'm gonna' grow the 'klip' variety next year.

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: Thinking of trying Wild Dagga [Re: nijusan]
    #4982608 - 11/26/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I grow both. The effects seems equal subtle to me. I belive activity varies with growth conditions and that most cultivated dagga is weak compared to what is found in africa

Offlinewhitegreyhat
Huge

Loc: Northeast USA
Re: Thinking of trying Wild Dagga [Re: shamantra]
    #4982716 - 11/26/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I dont know I got some samples when I ordered some stuff from a guy I met on here. (Shamans Place) Really nice guy so I am assuming it was the right stuff. It did something but nothing drastic. That seems to be the consensus anyway. I suppose if i smoked like the 10X or an oz of it maybe would've been stronger, because I see some people who buy like 1-2 oz a pop and enjoy it like its weed.

Offlinenijusan
shrub
 User Gallery
    #4983881 - 11/26/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have thought that growing both would be wise, since the leonurus blooms earlier by weeks than the nepetifolia, no?

InvisibleDety
Old No.7
Folding@home Statistics
    #4987202 - 11/27/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have smoked 3 grams of dagga with no effects at all. I would not buy wild dagga.

Smoking dagga does have a interesting taste.

Offlinejackflash
Stranger
Male
Loc: new jersey
    #4989371 - 11/28/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have used both types in all forms such as flowers,leaf,extracts,resins including my own extracted resin (which was far and away the best resin ). Concerning smoking leaf, my experience has been that Leonurus nepetifolia (klip dagga) is far superior to Leonurus leonotis. Peace and happiness, jack080247.

Offlinenijusan
shrub
 User Gallery
Re: Thinking of trying Wild Dagga [Re: jackflash]
    #4989442 - 11/28/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, Stranger Jack;

Glad to hear a posititve report on these plants! Something about wild dagga kept you continuing your experiments.

I have a half-acre or so to play with in the Spring, some of it with overhead drip irrigation.

If marrubin is the active ingredient, might plain old-fashioned horehound be worth putzing with? Used to be a sooo common patent medicine ingredient, must be good for ya'.

OfflineDreamFox
Dagga Farmer

Loc: Indiana Flag
    #16657786 - 08/06/12 11:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't use dagga on its own. I would mix it with other herbs such as wormwood, blue or pink lotus for hallucinations. add mullein or even mother-wort for filler, just a thought. you could even put in fine pieces of apple peels or raspberry leaves for flavoring to take out that ass like taste.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale