Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezerobeat4393
Stranger
 User Gallery

growing shitake mushrooms in jars
    #16622574 - 07/31/12 01:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Every source ive seen says shitake mushrooms are grown using logs outdoors. I refuse to believe that. Is there a way to grow these delicious mushrooms in a jar using all the methods to grow magic shrooms? Can i use brown rice flour and vermiculite? If not what could i use? Do they need complete darkness or some light or alot of light during colonization and fruiting? And how many cc's should i put in each hole in half pint jars and should i let the spores run down the side of the glass or inject into the substrate where it would be shielded from the surface.

Also if theres a site that gives step by step instructions how to grow these mushrooms using jars please post the URL

Thanks guys!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: growing shitake mushrooms in jars [Re: zerobeat4393]
    #16622851 - 07/31/12 02:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You can easily grow them indoors. Knock up some WBS then spawn to some wood based substrate in a bag. I've actually grown them on a bag of coir, coffee, a few wood dowels intermixed, and gypsum. Check out my gallery, the pics of shiitake are from that recipe. They were delish!! :crazy2:

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinezerobeat4393
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: growing shitake mushrooms in jars [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #16622950 - 07/31/12 02:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gobblin said:
You can easily grow them indoors. Knock up some WBS then spawn to some wood based substrate in a bag. I've actually grown them on a bag of coir, coffee, a few wood dowels intermixed, and gypsum. Check out my gallery, the pics of shiitake are from that recipe. They were delish!! :crazy2:

Oh those are beautiful! So brownrice flour wouldnt work huh? Could i just mix coffee grounds into vermiculite? Or even better what website could i order a good premade substrate mix that would work. Or a rye substrate?

Edited by zerobeat4393 (07/31/12 02:57 PM)

OfflineOICU812
NC Tree Farm owner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foothills of NC Flag
    #16626638 - 08/01/12 06:14 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zerobeat4393 said:
Can i use brown rice flour and vermiculite? If not what could i use? Do they need complete darkness or some light or alot of light during colonization and fruiting? And how many cc's should i put in each hole in half pint jars and should i let the spores run down the side of the glass or inject into the substrate where it would be shielded from the surface.

Also if theres a site that gives step by step instructions how to grow these mushrooms using jars please post the URL

Thanks guys!

zerobeat4393: Use the search facility in to top RH corner of each page.  This site is rich in information on growing eatibles.  Most eatibles, other than the Agaricus genus, fruit best on either straw or hardwood sawdust in plastic bags. Here are a few links to get you started:

Lipa's Shiitake on straw

Lipa's Pasteurized Fuel Pellet Tek

A list of G & M Teks

Help for the shroomery - Tek list

Happy reading!

--------------------
--------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" --Benjamin Franklin

"Those who give up liberty for security won't have, or deserve, either.". . . Benjamin Franklin
----> Read: The Fight of our Lives - Defeating the Ideological War Against the West - by Victor Davis Hanson

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing shitake mushrooms in jars [Re: OICU812]
    #16627039 - 08/01/12 09:14 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

QFT

Specifically the "Search Our Forums" link, where you can specify
the forum to search (i.e. this one) and specify "Main posts" and
keywords you are interested in.

Good luck,

JD

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Offlinezerobeat4393
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: growing shitake mushrooms in jars [Re: Javadog]
    #16627371 - 08/01/12 10:33 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Guys believe me i use the search forum all the time but when i cant find my specific question i ask.

Offlinezerobeat4393
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: growing shitake mushrooms in jars [Re: OICU812]
    #16627434 - 08/01/12 10:45 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OICU812 said:
Quote:

zerobeat4393 said:
Can i use brown rice flour and vermiculite? If not what could i use? Do they need complete darkness or some light or alot of light during colonization and fruiting? And how many cc's should i put in each hole in half pint jars and should i let the spores run down the side of the glass or inject into the substrate where it would be shielded from the surface.

Thanks guys!

zerobeat4393: Use the search facility in to top RH corner of each page.  This site is rich in information on growing eatibles.  Most eatibles, other than the Agaricus genus, fruit best on either straw or hardwood sawdust in plastic bags. Here are a few links to get you started:

Lipa's Shiitake on straw

Lipa's Pasteurized Fuel Pellet Tek

A list of G & M Teks

Help for the shroomery - Tek list

Happy reading!

Thanks so much for those links they are perfect!

OfflineAlwaysLearning
Stranger
    #16629543 - 08/01/12 05:30 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Also I think I've seen RR say you can do like PF tek but use sawdust in place of the verm. I'll see if I can find that again, or maybe someone else remembers something like that?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6113138#6113138

(Here's one thread. I'm new here so if adding the link like this doesn't work I'll try to figure it out)

Edited by AlwaysLearning (08/01/12 05:38 PM)

OfflineGrumpyorc
Ghost

Re: growing shitake mushrooms in jars [Re: AlwaysLearning]
    #16643864 - 08/04/12 09:03 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Theres a tek where the guy grows shiitake in pf jars
he adds pieces of a wodden dowel to the jars and i think coffee
i cant find the link but its on here i swear. its just a skightly modified pf tek. keep searching
maybe pf shiitake?

--------------------

Offlinecloudpersona
I don't even...

Re: growing shitake mushrooms in jars [Re: Grumpyorc]
    #16643984 - 08/04/12 09:37 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Grumpyorc said:
Theres a tek where the guy grows shiitake in pf jars
he adds pieces of a wodden dowel to the jars and i think coffee
i cant find the link but its on here i swear. its just a skightly modified pf tek. keep searching
maybe pf shiitake?

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11897262#11897262

--------------------
“The shaman is not merely a sick man, or a madman; he is a sick man who has healed himself.”
– Terence McKenna
“If the words ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness’ don’t include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn’t worth the hemp it was written on.”
-Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags