Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
What Does "Iboga TA" Stand For?
    #16593513 - 07/26/12 03:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I was examining an Iboga purchasing site, and came across this term.  What does it mean, an as a matter of dosing, how much of it would I need to take for a good, strong dose?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: What Does "Iboga TA" Stand For? [Re: Noitartst]
    #16593530 - 07/26/12 03:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

TA = Takes Away

as in, your money.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: What Does "Iboga TA" Stand For? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16593729 - 07/26/12 04:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
TA = Takes Away

as in, your money.

And in return you receive iboga total alkaloid extract which contains the whole range of alkaloids available in the iboga plant instead of just ibogaine. It's approximatly one-fifth the potency of pure ibogaine.

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: What Does "Iboga TA" Stand For? [Re: muistrue]
    #16593762 - 07/26/12 04:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

total alkaloid extract = raw unprocessed tar, yes?

could potentially be a very cool product.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What Does "Iboga TA" Stand For? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16600149 - 07/27/12 02:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Approximately one-fifth the strength of the purified alkaloid...excellent info to know...thanks.

InvisibleIbogaine
Oh yea!

Re: What Does "Iboga TA" Stand For? [Re: Noitartst] * 1
    #16608073 - 07/28/12 08:42 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

One fifth the strength is not quite correct.

In the last few years there have been advancements in the extraction of total alkaloid. I had the opportunity to sit down with Dr Chris Jenks and speak about it. It is very difficult to judge what percentage of alkaloids you are getting when you buy TA. Sometimes lower, but most of the time it is higher. A further refining produces something called PTA (precipitated total alkaloid) which is as strong, if not stronger than Ibogaine HCL. It can be dangerous stuff. I do not use it, nor do any of my colleagues.

This is Dr Jenks, and it will give you a much better idea of what the different extractions are:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W-GUEHDgFw

Dr Jenks is one of the few people on Earth to have taken some of the minor alkaloids in pure form. He reports that at least one of the minor alkaloids in TA is 3 times stronger than the Ibogaine alkaloid.

When providers use the total alkaloid, it is very rarely for opiate/addiction detox. Most providers use Ibogaine HCl because it is much easier to predict. Ibogaine can have you begin physically recovering in 2-3 days, but the TA has been known to have people out of reality for up to a week. I can say from experience that Iboga TA is longer lasting in duration. It can be pretty scary. This can be dangerous because the person taking the Iboga needs normal human necessities like hydration and sleep. They will be in no state of mind to get up and get a drink of water for days. It is certainly that powerful.  If a person does not sleep 48 hours after taking Iboga, they can run into a terrible state of disorientation, disassociation, and horrific panic due to sleep deprivation. That, compiled with dehydration, can be deadly.

If your intention is to detox, then you must go to a professional provider. You can find the best for under $3000. There are good people out there who will spend months with you before and after, to make sure this holds. If you have a serious drug problem, then it is worth $3000. Work, and save, or do not do it. If you are not willing to work to get to Ibo, then you will not be willing to work after. I would NOT suggest any of the places charging $5000 or more. They are all focused on getting you in and out as fast as possible, and they have depressingly low success rates.

I have never heard of a single DIY opiate detox using Ibo that was successful. You can find examples even on this forum of people who tried it solo and failed miserably. This is much more complicated than it looks.

But... to answer your question, some providers assume that TA in its basic form is 30%, and we always count Ibogaine HCL as 100% no mater what (safety issue). Therefor, the Ibogaine would be about 3 times as much alkaloid by volume, but the minor alkaloids cause a much longer effect.  So, it is not really the same thing; making it difficult to make a conversion. 

All of this is very complicated. I have only given you 5% of the information. Do not be in a hurry. I assure you, you have no idea what you are in for. Be careful. The positive stories you hear about Ibo are from people who took it with a professional, and worked hard afterward to make it hold. It is not administered in one whack. You need their expertise.

I hope that helps. Thank you for reading.

Offlinefloydfan37
gerald the mouse

Re: What Does "Iboga TA" Stand For? [Re: Ibogaine]
    #16608095 - 07/28/12 08:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

wow very knowledgeable good job man....

--------------------

spiral out! keep going....

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #16618085 - 07/30/12 06:11 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ibogaine said:
One fifth the strength is not quite correct.

In the last few years there have been advancements in the extraction of total alkaloid. I had the opportunity to sit down with Dr Chris Jenks and speak about it. It is very difficult to judge what percentage of alkaloids you are getting when you buy TA. Sometimes lower, but most of the time it is higher. A further refining produces something called PTA (precipitated total alkaloid) which is as strong, if not stronger than Ibogaine HCL. It can be dangerous stuff. I do not use it, nor do any of my colleagues.

This is Dr Jenks, and it will give you a much better idea of what the different extractions are:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W-GUEHDgFw

Dr Jenks is one of the few people on Earth to have taken some of the minor alkaloids in pure form. He reports that at least one of the minor alkaloids in TA is 3 times stronger than the Ibogaine alkaloid.

When providers use the total alkaloid, it is very rarely for opiate/addiction detox. Most providers use Ibogaine HCl because it is much easier to predict. Ibogaine can have you begin physically recovering in 2-3 days, but the TA has been known to have people out of reality for up to a week. I can say from experience that Iboga TA is longer lasting in duration. It can be pretty scary. This can be dangerous because the person taking the Iboga needs normal human necessities like hydration and sleep. They will be in no state of mind to get up and get a drink of water for days. It is certainly that powerful.  If a person does not sleep 48 hours after taking Iboga, they can run into a terrible state of disorientation, disassociation, and horrific panic due to sleep deprivation. That, compiled with dehydration, can be deadly.

If your intention is to detox, then you must go to a professional provider. You can find the best for under $3000. There are good people out there who will spend months with you before and after, to make sure this holds. If you have a serious drug problem, then it is worth $3000. Work, and save, or do not do it. If you are not willing to work to get to Ibo, then you will not be willing to work after. I would NOT suggest any of the places charging $5000 or more. They are all focused on getting you in and out as fast as possible, and they have depressingly low success rates.

I have never heard of a single DIY opiate detox using Ibo that was successful. You can find examples even on this forum of people who tried it solo and failed miserably. This is much more complicated than it looks.

But... to answer your question, some providers assume that TA in its basic form is 30%, and we always count Ibogaine HCL as 100% no mater what (safety issue). Therefor, the Ibogaine would be about 3 times as much alkaloid by volume, but the minor alkaloids cause a much longer effect.  So, it is not really the same thing; making it difficult to make a conversion. 

All of this is very complicated. I have only given you 5% of the information. Do not be in a hurry. I assure you, you have no idea what you are in for. Be careful. The positive stories you hear about Ibo are from people who took it with a professional, and worked hard afterward to make it hold. It is not administered in one whack. You need their expertise.

I hope that helps. Thank you for reading.

Well, I'm primarily using it too rid myself of apathy, which be a little different.

Offlinemrjynxx
Shroomerer

#16620074 - 07/31/12 12:56 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

It's the Iboga Territorial Army.

They're well 'ard!

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What Does "Iboga TA" Stand For? [Re: mrjynxx]
    #16621721 - 07/31/12 11:30 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Dunno what you just meant, mrjynxx.

Offlinemrjynxx
Shroomerer

#16621860 - 07/31/12 11:53 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Over in the UK, the 'TA'is the territorial army...

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What Does "Iboga TA" Stand For? [Re: mrjynxx]
    #16622875 - 07/31/12 02:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Ah...

InvisibleIbogaine
Oh yea!

#16623391 - 07/31/12 04:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hello Noitartst,

If apathy is your issue, then perhaps you could consider some other options. Just hear me out, and think about it.

Maybe you can consider changing your environment. Flying all the way to Peru to stay in a jungle setting and take Ayahuasca is cheaper than taking Iboga. Then again, you may not need to take anything. The answer to your issues could be to get away and give yourself a whole new set of problems. If you travel then you change all the sights, sounds, tastes, and smells around you. It can do amazing things to your state of mind.

When I was younger, I was always told that 'no matter where you go, your problems will follow'. That is not true. When you leave, none of your problems follow. You will have a whole new set of problems, and a whole new perspective. The world is very big. Give travel some thought.

Psilocybin or Ayahuasca seems to work well for people. Some folks would suggest giving MDMA a chance. Some people go to India for 6 months, and they are reborn. If your intention is to feel different in the same environment, then I can not think of anything that does that. Maybe antidepressants, but that is no solution. Your environment could be responsible for your apathy.

Iboga/Ibogaine is used to give people a chance to step away from crippling addiction or depression so they can start something new in a different environment. Most of the people who have successful results from Iboga also have made the conscious effort to radically change their environment. Their addiction prevented the change they always needed. You may not need the Iboga. Maybe... just maybe, investing in your life experience can change your perspective to something more fulfilling and positive. You may not need to medicate. Give it some thought.

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #16628632 - 08/01/12 02:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I'm about to move, getting ready to launch an internet startup over the next year, and while still emotionally, numb, uninspired, I'm looking forward, if not impassioned and Driven.  I feel calm...level-headed...focused in a way I've never felt, and for that I have DMT to thank.

I'm certainly no longer depressed, and when I first left home in 2006, I certainly my, uh, "problem" with me.  The reason was that I couldn't re-immerse myself in a new environment sufficiently, and therefore obsessed about old hurts and wrongs. 

This is where DMT came in.

No, it didn't destroy the apathy, but it did the depression, and as for the apathy, most assuredly dented it.  My mental circuitry had rusted in place, but psychedlics came along and wrenched open the spigots.  No, water didn't gush forth, but I was at least no no longer debilitated like I was.

I effectively look to ibogaine to effectively finish what DMT started.  I ain't got no money, but I got hope and a sense of destiny.

Maybe I don't need ibogaine, but this renaissance sure ain't no reformation, yet. In other words, I'm still looking, and still changing, with or without it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order