Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: Anyone have a picture of the optimum time to harvest? [Re: moeburn]
    #16629141 - 08/01/12 03:53 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

At the rate they are growing, I think my fruits might be at the same point as the ones in the pics posted by Doc_T and Content, by Friday evening at the earliest.  (currently 6pm Wednesday, EST).  Anyone wanna take bets?

--------------------
Everything I have posted on the shroomery.org forums is completely fictional and created out of my own mind.  Any similarity to any current or past event is purely coincidental.

...and of this humongous fungus among us, more of its core's spores are creeping out of the drawer, pouring over the floor, and soaring through the door. Do not ignore this lore, for the spores are their precious ore. - moeburn

"Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, while conscious of their fleeting time here." - Maynard Keenan

Edited by moeburn (08/01/12 03:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone have a picture of the optimum time to harvest? [Re: moeburn] * 1
    #16632429 - 08/02/12 06:44 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, how about now?

Is that thing around the stem on the 2nd pic that is separating from the stem, is that the veil breaking? 

Mom?  Dad?  Are we there yet?

edit: okay after googling 'veil breaking on mushroom' i can see that these aren't quite ready yet.  But you can't blame me for being turbo excited :P

--------------------
Everything I have posted on the shroomery.org forums is completely fictional and created out of my own mind.  Any similarity to any current or past event is purely coincidental.

...and of this humongous fungus among us, more of its core's spores are creeping out of the drawer, pouring over the floor, and soaring through the door. Do not ignore this lore, for the spores are their precious ore. - moeburn

"Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, while conscious of their fleeting time here." - Maynard Keenan

Edited by moeburn (08/02/12 06:49 AM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #16632448 - 08/02/12 06:54 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You didn't build a shotgun FC.
When you build one, you'll see bigger, better, healthier fruitbodies.
Yours are suffering from high CO2. But they'll work.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone have a picture of the optimum time to harvest? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16632515 - 08/02/12 07:25 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
You didn't build a shotgun FC.
When you build one, you'll see bigger, better, healthier fruitbodies.
Yours are suffering from high CO2. But they'll work.

Well I was told that a 'shotgun fc' is a box with a fuckton of holes drilled in all 6 sides.  I used 1/4" holes, every 2 inches.  So what is a "shotgun fc" then?
And what signs of high CO2 are my fruits showing?

EDIT - Here's a pic of my FC, with my unique plastic-wrap camera viewing window, back when I first finished building it.  I was told it was an SGFC, but I guess its just a box with a bunch of holes.

How were you even able to tell what kind of FC I have at all, without me posting this pic?

--------------------

Edited by moeburn (08/02/12 07:33 AM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16632545 - 08/02/12 07:44 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, is that thing in a closet? Your mushrooms show signs of lacking FAE.
The cap shape, mostly. And the stipe texture looks odd.
But if you have a 1/4" hole every two inches, there's something un-obvious happening.

Also, please post pics onsite. Not many people will go offsite to look at pics.
I'm one of the weirdos. If you want other opinions, post pics locally. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineUberTrooper
(>-.-)> --=====O <(o.O<)

#16632585 - 08/02/12 08:02 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Somebody quoted mike yesterday on this issue, he said %/weight ratio is best when the veil starts to break, if some of the mushrooms are smaller and still forming then you can leave those behind to mature and harvest the ones that are ready, besides aborts/clusters of small mushrooms attached to larger ones.

OfflineUberTrooper
(>-.-)> --=====O <(o.O<)

#16632592 - 08/02/12 08:05 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

a shotgun fc is a low tech, very efficient fruiting chamber that allow's plenty of FAE (like a shotgun on a glass pipe) they serve the same purpose anyways. as well as it keeps humidity at a solid level.

OfflineUberTrooper
(>-.-)> --=====O <(o.O<)

#16632598 - 08/02/12 08:07 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
But if you have a 1/4" hole every two inches, there's something un-obvious happening.

I'm one of the weirdos. If you want other opinions, post pics locally. :thumbup:

straight up, my grow is in a closet too, eather have a fresh air intake hooked up to a pc fan to get fresh air that way, or simply crack the door a bit XD

Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

#16632600 - 08/02/12 08:10 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:

It isn't in a closet, but it is in a well-sealed room.  I had to seal off the central air vent, as well as the cracks in the doorway, because of how incredibly cold this place is air-conditioned.  I can't crack the door a bit, because the adjacent room has a mold problem (sink was leaking without my knowledge for 2 weeks).  I could open the central air vent or the window, but that would reduce the avg temp of the room, which right now sits at 26*C with my space heater.

Also I haven't been fanning the box as often as I should be (only once every 2 days or so).

But do shrooms really need that much fresh air?  This room is bedroom-sized, and I've slept in the same room, in the same conditions (door and air vent closed), and I didn't show any signs of mild CO2 poisoning (headache, dizziness, etc).  Given that I have an electric space-heater and humidifier running, the air isn't stationary either; the fans in the heater and humidifier are creating enough turbulence to help cycle the room's air through the FC.

I do not like posting pics onsite, because you can't make thumbnails.  If I post them here, you either get the max resolution, or the thumbnail size, but not both.  Imageshack.us lets me give you a thumbnail link to a full-res photo.  Why won't you go off-site to look at pics?  Imageshack has been around for nearly a decade now, it isn't going to hurt you! :P

--------------------

Edited by moeburn (08/02/12 08:15 AM)

OfflineUberTrooper
(>-.-)> --=====O <(o.O<)

#16632660 - 08/02/12 08:33 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

turn the space heater off and move the tank to were the sun shines through the window, and hello fellow Canadian!, Southern Alberta fag here.
and from what I can tell this^ usually works because a heater gives off extra Co2 because its pushing the air through a heated element that destroys air particles (like a fire) witch causes the warm air to rise and the co2 levels to rise.
because the room is totally sealed your just constantly pumping the air in a circle. done. science 14 mother fucker.

Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone have a picture of the optimum time to harvest? [Re: UberTrooper]
    #16632697 - 08/02/12 08:48 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ne0Khan said:
move the tank to were the sun shines through the window,

It is where the sun shines thru the window.  But its a tiny little 1'/2' basement window.

Quote:

Ne0Khan said:
and hello fellow Canadian!, Southern Alberta fag here.

Hello fellow canuck!  Most other Canadians do not consider people from Toronto to be real Canadians, so thank you for that!

Quote:

Ne0Khan said:
and from what I can tell this [turning off space heater] usually works because a heater gives off extra Co2 because its pushing the air through a heated element that destroys air particles (like a fire) witch causes the warm air to rise and the co2 levels to rise.
because the room is totally sealed your just constantly pumping the air in a circle. done. science 14 mother fucker.

Well electric space heaters do not produce CO2 at all, because they are not like a fire.  Got a source for your science?  Cause I've got one for mine: Source.  When air passes over a hot piece of metal, it does not 'destroy air particles', it just heats them up.  There is no combustion going on here.  In fact, the only reason CO2 and CO are produced by a flame heater is because they are byproducts of the combustion reaction of the fuel/gas and the oxygen in the air.  There is no such chemical reaction going on between air and a hot metal element (unless the metal element is hotter than 451*F, at which point I believe it will start burning any carbon particles in the air).  High-school science! (sorry, I couldn't be right and be humble after your cocky attitude :P)

Also, circulating the air in a sealed room is still better than leaving the air in a sealed room perfectly still.  That way the shrooms are breathing the air next to them, and the air from 5 feet away, instead of only breathing the air next to them.

Finally, the room isn't really 100% "sealed", otherwise I think would have died in my sleep in there.  Circulating the room's air helps to also bring in fresh air faster from whatever little cracks in the corners of the room there are.

--------------------

Edited by moeburn (08/02/12 08:58 AM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone have a picture of the optimum time to harvest? [Re: UberTrooper]
    #16632700 - 08/02/12 08:49 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ne0Khan said:
science fail mother fucker.

I fixed this for you. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineUberTrooper
(>-.-)> --=====O <(o.O<)

#16632811 - 08/02/12 09:15 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Granted this is a very good scorch, i have issues translating thoughts into words. (learning disability(why i was in science 14)) this "(sorry, I couldn't be right and be humble after your cocky attitude :P)" i wasnt trying to come off as cocky i just thought i was spot on, but clearly not :P sorry for that. but yea you seem like you know what to do now.

and Doc_T, read the last comment: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16632451
Dick.

OfflineMorPhyscher
Stranger
    #16632837 - 08/02/12 09:24 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

DocT.... you mentioned TMC as a reliable source.  Why doesnt Stametes put some effort into a revised, contemporary TMC?  The old one is littered with out-dated information and lackluster methods. :confused:

Edited by MorPhyscher (08/02/12 09:33 AM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone have a picture of the optimum time to harvest? [Re: MorPhyscher]
    #16632867 - 08/02/12 09:33 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Stamets has written several other books since that classic reference was published.
People saying TMC is out of date don't have a clue. In teh particular case of growing cubes indoors, yes, advances have been made.
But the bulk of that book is as valid today as the day it was written and everyone here should get a copy and read it.

--------------------

OfflineMorPhyscher
Stranger
    #16632943 - 08/02/12 09:49 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I agree... for the most part it has good information... but there are some parts which could be fatal to a grow if employed; namely, incubation temp is off.  And otherwise TMC leaves out many methods which have developed through the decades, as you alluded to.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16632960 - 08/02/12 09:53 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Stamets never says set your incubator to 86F, btw, and what he says about endospores and what the community read are two differnt things.
But yeah, the internet took Stamets' work, and others, and put them into warp drive.

We have collectively tried and proven a lot of things that aren't in earlier works.
One specific example, I tell people their first grow should be cakes in a sgfc, even though I started with cased grains as shown in TMC.
Experience since TMC was written shows why cakes are a better option for a first grow.

But still, it's foundational material. Everything we do started there.

--------------------

OfflineMorPhyscher
Stranger
    #16632976 - 08/02/12 09:57 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah man... im not trying to bash TMC... im just saying I think it'd be awesome to have a new, better, more comprehensive, and flashy "TMC 2012 ed.!"  I have actually seen TMC being passed around as "the only source you need," which is not entirely bogus, but not at all correct.

Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

#16632984 - 08/02/12 10:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

...I don't know what any of you are talking about.  I just used the PF Tek for Simple Minds, and the Let's Grow Mushrooms videos.

Quote:

Ne0Khan said:
Granted this is a very good scorch, i have issues translating thoughts into words. (learning disability(why i was in science 14)) this "(sorry, I couldn't be right and be humble after your cocky attitude :P)" i wasnt trying to come off as cocky i just thought i was spot on, but clearly not :P sorry for that. but yea you seem like you know what to do now.

Ah.  I didn't really know what Science 14 meant, but either way I was just trying to have some harmless testosteroney antler-bashing with you :smile:

--------------------

Edited by moeburn (08/02/12 10:02 AM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16632988 - 08/02/12 10:01 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Roger Rabbit is putting out a comprehensive guide to cultivation some time soon (ish). That's the book you're waiting for.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract