Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Old Cakes
    #1661780 - 06/25/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

okay, so lets say my friend had a cake that he had kinda forgot about and left alone for about a month or two and it dried out and the mycelium just stopped spreading. Almost like it went into a dormant rest period, coiuld this be restored by adding sterile H2O, i have access to a good supply or sterile surgical water so i figured it would be okay to use that, its not aline or anything like that, just water. Any thoughts.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Old Cakes [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #1661846 - 06/25/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sterile surgical water? Is this for rehydration via IV?
Usually it's saline.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Old Cakes [Re: ]
    #1661861 - 06/25/03 03:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Usually used for reconstitution of freeze dried drugs, and abdominal flushing when doing exploratory, i thik thats the awnser you were looking for.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#1662864 - 06/26/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

dammit people, someone has to have the awnser for this.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
    #1662900 - 06/26/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think it would be dead because mycelium is a living thing and it can die from too much heat,light and not enough moisture.spores are like eggs thats why they can go dormant(without nutrients) they are not hatched or living till they germinate when the spores are giving nutrients.This is from what i read and people told me so i maybe wrong

(but give it a try it may work whos to says)

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Old Cakes [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1662923 - 06/26/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the info....i figure it cant hurt to try...ill let keep you updated

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineWapo
journeyman
    #1663675 - 06/26/03 03:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

there is ALWAYS a chance you might revive it if it so much as resembles mycelium

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale