Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinektom49
Stranger
Chemicals to Increase Yield?
    #1661752 - 06/25/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've read alot about growing Herb and know that there are MANY different chemicals that supposedly increase yield/potency/taste/etc (superthrive being one). My friend just started an 11-jar BRF grow and was wondering if there were any of these chemicals or mixes that could be added to his cakes/casings to increase yield. Thanks alot!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: ktom49]
    #1661765 - 06/25/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Just use more substrate.

--------------------
Ainasko is my name backwards. I'm a girl!

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: Ainasko]
    #1661771 - 06/25/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

put some windex!

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: houshroom]
    #1661788 - 06/25/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

windex? or is that a greek wedding crack?...

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinemetaophion
stranger thanstrange
Loc: Seminyak, Bali - Indonesi...
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: houshroom]
    #1661795 - 06/25/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

AFOAF suggests Thiamine HCl as a primary growth factor (Taken directly from Commercial Agaricus production) which is Vitamin B1, also Maltose and/or Glucose in small quantities. (3-5% solutions)
L-tryptophan is a major part of the internal reaction that creates methoxy-indole type alkaloids. It is said by many to increase strength, and could not hurt.....
Thiamine HCl must be why the beer tek works so well, because beer is full of Maltose, Glucose and Thiamine.

--------------------

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: metaophion]
    #1661821 - 06/25/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Do not use Windex it contains isopropyl alcohol, glycol ether and a few other chemicals your mushrooms would dislike.

That's a new one to me. I've never heard the use of windex before. I wonder if it was based in supersticion.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1661835 - 06/25/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

AAin, I think he was kidding. Think of not adding nutes, but rather providing nutes when growing. It's tricky and can invite contams to add things to a casing. They must be done before in your substrate, and PC'd in order to prevent contams. It is reversed, if you will.

Edit: Spelling, Im too buzzed right now, be back later :smile: 

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: ]
    #1661855 - 06/25/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the tip ainasko, but i already knew that it wouldnt be a good idea to put windex in my substrate, i was being facetious. but with some of the questions asked you never know if someone is being serious or not.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #1661893 - 06/25/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Thanks for the tip ainasko, but i already knew that it wouldnt be a good idea to put windex in my substrate...

Now I feel silly for taking it seriously. I was hoping it would be another intersting wives tale.

I read in a textbook that North American natives used to grind the burned bones of their enemies and add them to areas where mushrooms grow. The belief was that their bones would add strength.

Burning bones would remove anything useful and leave majority calcium. It wouldn't hurt, but it would help much either. In their minds and culture, it increased potency by capturing their souls in the mushrooms.

--------------------

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

#1662084 - 06/25/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I ate a soul the other day, and I can tell you, they're a pretty big mindfuck to ingest.

Offlinemrhabebe
Stranger
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: psilo9com]
    #1662153 - 06/25/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"AFOAF suggests Thiamine HCl as a primary growth factor (Taken directly from Commercial Agaricus production) which is Vitamin B1, also Maltose and/or Glucose in small quantities. (3-5% solutions)
L-tryptophan is a major part of the internal reaction that creates methoxy-indole type alkaloids. It is said by many to increase strength, and could not hurt.....
Thiamine HCl must be why the beer tek works so well, because beer is full of Maltose, Glucose and Thiamine. "

Well I don't know about Thaimine HCL, but tryptamine HCL doesn't do anything to yeild AFAIK, and not exactly just a potency increaser, as a matter of fact it drastically reduces the Psilocybin (MAIN active ingredient in mushrooms) but vastly increases the potency of the 2nd active chemical Psilocin

Average Pilocybin % is about .5, with T.HCL it's about .03 or so

Average Psilocin % is about about .5, with the T. HCL it's about 3.0

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7953

More info

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: metaophion]
    #1662761 - 06/25/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Thiamine HCl must be why the beer tek works so well, because beer is full of Maltose, Glucose and Thiamine

Actually, beer is NOT full of Thiamine, infact alcohol inhibits the body's ability to asorb thiamine in the intestines, thus leading to a thiamine deficency... which can lead to Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome...
this is due to the fact that Thiamine plays a critical role in the body's ability to metabolize glucose, which is the only fuel the brain can use.
so without thiamine, u could eat all you want, and your brain would be starving.... thus the general craziness of Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome begins...
which is why when u encounter an AMS (altered mental status) patient on the street u ALWAYS administer 100mg of thiamine right after the 25g of glucose, espically if alcoholism is suspected (e.g. you find the patient face down in a puddle of his/her own vomit and urine with 20 empty bottles of jackdanials littered around his/her disease ridden, cockroach infested 1 bedroom apt in the crackwhore part of town)

so kids, the moral of the story is, dont drink and eat your vegetables or else u will end up a worthless loser shuffling down the street and talking to yourself and reeking of human excriment...

[hyp]

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #1662837 - 06/26/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Where can I get a lifetime supply of thiamine. hehehe :grin:

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1662856 - 06/26/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i wasnt kidding when i said eat your vegetables... espically green leafy ones.... Mmmm vegetables.... full of thiamine...

[hyp]

Offlinektom49
Stranger
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #1663053 - 06/26/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm....got off topic quickly, but that's cool :smile:  I guess mushies are just a TOTALLY different ballgame than growing MJ.  Thanks anyway.  It was worth a shot.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: Chemicals to Increase Yield? [Re: ktom49]
    #1663950 - 06/26/03 07:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i heard if you put the water you're going to put in your substrate in the microwave then add a tsp. of honey (you microwave the water till it boils so the honey comes off the spoon easy). mix it up, add it to the brf and verm. supposedly it increases your yeilds to about 25% more, but i also think that it would make things longer to colonize....

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
    #1672111 - 06/29/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yea that was a joke  :grin: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom