Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineirolltrss
rollerblader,ethnobotanist
out door growth
    #1661641 - 06/25/03 04:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

sorry about posting i dont think this is really advanced but no one answeres in basic cult.  any way heres waht i did . i had cased my jars and stuff but i got in trouble and was supposed to throw the casings out . (i didnt) instead i put them in zip lock bags unti lmy parents left. next i went out to my garden found a shady spot,under a bush wher it gets a little indirect sunlight. i dug a hole about 7 inches deep. put down some wet virmiculite then a little potting soil. dampened it . next  i put down what used to be the middle and top casing layer which was all stuck together with lovly mycelium..  :smile:.  next i put down some dry virmiculit and some more soil about.. 2 inches. then i took the moist wood chips that are from my garden and put a really thin layer over that. then finally i dampened it down . .        do you think this will work for an out door tek. because all of the out door teks ive read say use dung and straw. oh and i dont know if it matters but the strain was psilocybe cubensis equadorian. 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejonas

Re: out door growth [Re: irolltrss]
    #1661806 - 06/25/03 05:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If your lawn is well fertilized, you have a chance at getting some shrooms. Its not a sure shot, but ...

Offlinepsilofan
Question Sleep

Loc: Halls Of Valhalla, 3rd Do...
Re: out door growth [Re: jonas]
    #1662183 - 06/25/03 07:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

AFOAF started with the pf tek last summer and this person after fruiting the cakes would dump them in the woods behind thier house and then would cover them with leaves, it was very hot that summer but frequent sprayings of the dead cakes and leaves yielded amazing results, the fruit kept comming from the "dead" cakes all summer.
Chop your cakes up and put them on the ground, cover with casing soil, water frequently, you may be suprised to learn that outdoors..isnt as germy as indoors, theyll do just fine, long as its warm. This friend would probably think that you buried them WAY to far down.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as death, and life is only a dream in which we are the imagination of ourselves."
-Hicks

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: out door growth [Re: psilofan]
    #1663241 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I could work. It might be better to cover it up with leaves instead of wood-chips.
I had some success when I just buried spent casings in my garden:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation