Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Did anyone else hear about this?
    #1656387 - 06/23/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sometime last week I was watching the news and they mentioned that a 737 fitted with extra fuel tanks was stolen in Africa. It basically just disappeared without a trace..,they were worried that it could be used as another 9-11 type weapon since it has extra fuel tanks. I've been trying to find some more info on this, but have been unsuccessful thus far. I haven't seen anything else in the news regarding this either...anyone else hear about this?

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Did anyone else hear about this? [Re: Rono]
    #1656448 - 06/23/03 05:24 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The owner of the plane was behind on his payments and one theory is he split with it so as not to have it repossessed.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Did anyone else hear about this? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1656530 - 06/23/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

watch out for american news, they lie alot....not that this is related to your comment-- The other day I was watching cnn, and on that little scroll thingy on the bottom, and it said "george bush nominated for nobel peace prize"

oh wait, thats true...wow, that is really fucked up. well...maybe not so fucked up seeing that adolf hitler and henry kissenger have also been nominees.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: Did anyone else hear about this? [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1656868 - 06/23/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's true! But you can always sign the following petition to try and make sure it doesn't happen:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/302184339?ts=1056422254&sign[partnerID]=1&sign[memberID]=991437086&sign[partner_userID]=991437086

By the way, both Bush AND Blair were nominated!

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Did anyone else hear about this? [Re: Cornholio]
    #1656875 - 06/23/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

war=peace

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1657311 - 06/23/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

perpetual war = perpetual peace  :crazy:

I guess some people think it's true... 

--------------------

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
    #1660844 - 06/25/03 08:13 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

pre-emptive war = terrorism

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Anonymous

Re: Did anyone else hear about this? [Re: jimsuzo]
    #1660887 - 06/25/03 08:59 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This is off-topic and completely irrelevant but... I went to another political message board and there was something slighty off about it. It was like being in the twilight zone. I have never witnessed more illogical and irrational thinking there. If the people there posted on this forum, they would be eaten alive. None of their arguments or THOUGHTS hold any water. It's like they're all brainwashed. I was actually afraid to post because they would probably think I was a lunatic and not take me serious. But then I realized that that message board is probably a "normal" political message board this one at the shroomery is full of drug users and anti-establishment halfway-schizos who have a skewed view on reality (myself included).

OfflineSafeHaven

Re: Did anyone else hear about this? [Re: jimsuzo]
    #1660961 - 06/25/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thats interesting that you say that.
What do you do when you a have a infection? Do you wait till its beyond a cure and just chop the arm off or do you fix the problem when its small or wait till its out of control (Ruthless Dictators with capability to kill 100's of thousands).

Some people didnt think we should enter World War 2. Is the six million Jews that were slaughtered not including other countries that lost many people, ie: Russia where they lost millions due Hitler and others, even civilians.

If we entered it long before we did, there could have been 10's of millions of people that survived because the cancer didnt grow.

I prefer to treat the wound now (Saddam), rather wait till it grows and becomes life threatening to all of us.

IMHO

--------------------
As I sit here I ponder greater things.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: Did anyone else hear about this? [Re: SafeHaven]
    #1661038 - 06/25/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You are comparing apples and oranges...Iraq has NEVER been a threat.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1661066 - 06/25/03 10:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SafeHaven said:
Thats interesting that you say that. 
What do you do when you a have a infection? Do you wait till its beyond a cure and just chop the arm off or do you fix the problem when its small or wait till its out of control (Ruthless Dictators with capability to kill 100's of thousands).

Yes you would fix the infection before you arm is amputated, but that is irrelevent with the iraqi situation.  Bush has a far greater aresenal capable of killing hundreds of thousands, but your right that this should be dealt with before its too late.  Absolute power corupts absolutely, especially when he believes he does gods will, or is serving the greater good.

Quote:

Some people didnt think we should enter World War 2.

Well they were wrong.

Quote:

Is the six million Jews that were slaughtered not including other countries that lost many people, ie: Russia where they lost millions due Hitler and others, even civilians.

Well that doesn't even make sense but practically every other country was fighting, so i really don't know why you yanks waited so long. :confused:

Quote:

If we entered it long before we did, there could have been 10's of millions of people that survived because the cancer didnt grow.

Good point.  America was the only nation ever to use a nuclear weapon...and currently hold the largest aresenal.  Only to protect, and advance the greater good....of course.

Quote:

I prefer to treat the wound now (Saddam), rather wait till it grows and becomes life threatening to all of us.

My friend you reiterate CNN like a parot saying how much of a threat saddam is without anything to support this claim other than popular american opinion.  You compare an infection to the iraq situation as well as ww2 which shows your lack of intellegance.  :thumbdown:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineSafeHaven

Re: Did anyone else hear about this? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1661315 - 06/25/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well I certainly hope you are older than atleast 15 years old or so cause I dont know about you but there was this little invasion of another country by Saddam. Im sure you read about that war, you know we sent troops over blah blah blah..

Hmmm.. sign of aggression to invade another country..has used bio weapons before on his own people( though I'm sure it would be totally out of the question to use them on those American infidels). Then better yet he creates one of the worst man made disasters in the world by torching the oil wells and creating a ecological natural disaster(in my mind that is reason enough to hang him) Its not like it was a accident, you dont take over a country and burn its oil wells and dump oil into the sea on accident.

What I find people dont get is
ITS NOT AS MUCH AS WHAT HE CAN DO WITH THE POTENTIAL WEAPONS, ITS WHAT HE CAN SELL TO WHOM EVER FOR WHAT EVER GAIN..

Kinda akin to licensing extremist to fly jumbo jets, what you think the first person does when he gets ahold of stuff like that?

He's going on a trip.....or making a bomb..

No your right Hitler is not the same as Saddam, Hitler was worse at this point in time. Unless the disease goes untreated.

Then you would be saying shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Knoweldge is NOTHING without Reasoning and Wisdom to guide it.
Hence let us not forget our past or in this day and age we will will soon be having a refresher course

So spare me your intelligence test.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1661371 - 06/25/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SafeHaven said:
Well I certainly hope you are older than atleast 15 years old or so cause I dont know about you but there was this little invasion of another country by Saddam. Im sure you read about that war, you know we sent troops over blah blah blah..

Im 22, so i don't know too much about his iran invasion. But i believe he would have been using american weapons, and mabye in his mind he was liberating them, or trying to unite the middle east, or pre-emptively eliminating a percieved enemy....I can throw bush in the same catagory, as well as most leaders.

Quote:

Hmmm.. sign of aggression to invade another country..has used bio weapons before on his own people( though I'm sure it would be totally out of the question to use them on those American infidels). Then better yet he creates one of the worst man made disasters in the world by torching the oil wells and creating a ecological natural disaster(in my mind that is reason enough to hang him) Its not like it was a accident, you dont take over a country and burn its oil wells and dump oil into the sea on accident.

Well i assume it was the kurds he gassed. His own people yes, but there are like three factions in iraq that were vying for power, so he prolly did what he needed to, to keep his power and avoid civil war.
Don't get me wrong, he deserves to be hanged im sure, but so do many leaders, and with the sanction he had after the first war he was in to condition to threaten other nations, or even develop WMD with which to sell.

Quote:

What I find people dont get is
ITS NOT AS MUCH AS WHAT HE CAN DO WITH THE POTENTIAL WEAPONS, ITS WHAT HE CAN SELL TO WHOM EVER FOR WHAT EVER GAIN..

Good point....except he no longer was producing weapons. Still he could be financing other weapons programmes for other nations. Its all speculation, and im sure many muslims share a similar radical view....and i can't say i blame em.

Quote:

No your right Hitler is not the same as Saddam, Hitler was worse at this point in time. Unless the disease goes untreated.

That is debatable. I doubt he would ever gain that status or capability with the sanctions and world attention he had.

Quote:

Knoweldge is NOTHING without Reasoning and Wisdom to guide it.
Hence let us not forget our past or in this day and age we will will soon be having a refresher course

Your talking about america right?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Edited by Azmodeus (06/25/03 12:44 PM)

OfflineSafeHaven

Re: Did anyone else hear about this? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1661482 - 06/25/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Im 22, so i don't know too much about his iran invasion.

Umm was talking about when he invaded Kuwait, not Iran. I was just a pup 8 or so when he did that. Was in college at Wall Mart when we had Desert Storm.

Well i assume it was the kurds he gassed. His own people yes, but there are like three factions in iraq that were vying for power, so he prolly did what he needed to, to keep his power and avoid civil war.

I'm sure those woman and children in a village was a extreme danger to him and his regime. Still doesnt give him the right, which no one in this mortal world has to purposely destroy whole families.

with the sanction he had after the first war he was in to condition to threaten other nations, or even develop WMD with which to sell.

We have checks and balances , and the check is what did you do with them? He couldnt at all document where and what happened to them only that we were not allowed access. We have organizations that provide checks and balances for nuclear materials because of what they can do. Especially in the wrong hands. Look what 3 planes did, can you imagine a dirty bomb or full fledged nuclear? Or a highly toxic bio substance. Then we say shoulda coulda woulda...again...

Your talking about america right?

Yes I am, One of the few countries in the world who has a major shift in power every 4 years not counting the change in congress every 2 and 4 years.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1661499 - 06/25/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I would like to see evidence proving Saddam had ANY intention of selling weapons...and as has been pointed out several times...Saddam has NOTHING to do with 9/11.

--------------------

OfflineSafeHaven

Re: Did anyone else hear about this? [Re: Rono]
    #1661514 - 06/25/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

would like to see evidence proving Saddam had ANY intention of selling weapons
Thats about the same as a convicted child molestor living next door to a daycare and saying, I had no intentions on snatchin up one of the kiddies maybe he didnt or maybe he did,.... probably did.

and as has been pointed out several times

By whom and on whos word? Better not be his, that would a laugh

Saddam has NOTHING to do with 9/11.

He probably didnt, if he did it was one of the best cover ups of all time.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1661563 - 06/25/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Are you saying then, that it's okay to pre-emptively attack any sovereign nation because they "might" be a threat? Please explain yourself, because I am having a very hard time understanding where you are coming from.

Every bad thing you've said about Saddam could be said about pretty much any American president in recent years...

--------------------

Edited by Rono (06/25/03 01:56 PM)

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1661576 - 06/25/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

We have checks and balances , and the check is what did you do with them? He couldnt at all document where and what happened to them only that we were not allowed access. We have organizations that provide checks and balances for nuclear materials because of what they can do. Especially in the wrong hands.

That's a joke!  If you believe we keep better records, check this out:  One Trillion Dollars Missing at Pentagon

"The Department of Defense, already infamous for spending $640 for a toilet seat, once again finds itself under intense scrutiny, only this time because it couldn't account for more than a trillion dollars in financial transactions, not to mention dozens of tanks, missiles and planes..."

Edit:  WHAT THE FUCK IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR AMERICANS TO WAKE UP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  If people don't get bent out of shape about this, I guess their patriotism is beyond reason.  :shake:

Edit #2:  Rono brought up a good point in another thread.  The patriotic people are the ones who care enough to do something about this.  I think I probably should have said if people don't get out of shape about this, their nationalism is beyond reason.

--------------------

Edited by Cornholio (06/25/03 03:09 PM)

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

#1661735 - 06/25/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If George W. Bush wins a Nobel Peace Prize, I will literally shit my pants. I've come to terms with the whole war on Iraq thing because he has already convinced America into doing so, so basically there's no point in crying over spilled milk. The ONLY reason that we stopped Saddam from torching the oil wells is so that we can salvage the oil for fuel, NOT to stop an ecological disaster. Bush, after all, DID THROW OUT the CLEAN AIR ACT, allowing thousands of industries to dump toxins into the air JUST so they can save money that would have otherwise gone into more state-of-the-art pollution treatment systems. Since Bush did that, he is seeking support from logging companies by allowing them into PUBLIC forests. Yep, those national forests that"need to be thinned out to prevent wildfires" are on their way to being raped by logging companies. Bush claims that this will do the forests benifits, but what the public doesn't know is that it is the dry underbrush that cause fires and NOT the TREES!!! The logging companies are not after the small underbrush, but they would do anything (financially support Bush)to get those trees, especially the huge old growth trees that have been here hundreds of years. For this, he basically needs to be impeached for defying the protection given to these forests by President Roosevelt (a republican [most likely the best one that the US has seen.]) I know this is almost completely off-topic but Bush should NOT get any peace prize because of his violence towards the earth.

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
    #1662044 - 06/25/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

What do you do when you a have a infection? Do you wait till its beyond a cure and just chop the arm off or do you fix the problem when its small or wait till its out of control

That's a silly analogy. How can you draw a comparison between fighting a virus or bacterial infetion with the killing of humans? The bottom line is that our leaders not only authorised a war that resulted in the killing of many innocent people, but they also lied through their teeth to justify the effort. This war was either terrorism or an outright effort to conquer and sieze assets.

WWI we entered after Pearl Harbor. Not preemptive at all. perfectly justified. Should we have entered the war earlier to prevent the slaughter of the Jews? - arguably yes. Using that same logic, however, I think their are plenty of countries in which serious human rights abuses are occurring that we choose not to invade (pre 9/11 Afghanistan & N. Korea for example). Why not? - either they have no oil or they can actually defend themselves. no oil = no payola for Bush and his cronies. No payola = no war.

which 'wound' will we treat next? Iran? N. Korea? Syria? sound familiar? Next thing you know, U.S. troops will be goose-stepping across the border into Canada to shut down the evil marijuana trade.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder