Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefloydfan37
gerald the mouse

yawning is part of the key...
    #16599573 - 07/27/12 12:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i know it doesn't make much sense and i havent figured it out yet, but i noticed on my last couple shroom trips when i was in my peak i would feel electric energy in both sides of my brain and travel towards the center if my brain, combining together and working its way down to my jaw and results in a massive yawn that seems to expel the energy. last night on dmt it was more noticeable, i kind of think that yawning is one if the links between this reality and  others. i think that it also connects people to each other, and may be a primal way to communicate with each other, when you yawn all of this electric energy is released and its collected in other  peoples brains and it builds up and is released from them, i.e. contagious yawn..i dont know how to explain it but its an idea im building on....

--------------------

spiral out! keep going....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekenny57028
Doctor Green Thumb
 User Gallery

Loc: Dark side of the Moon.
Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: floydfan37]
    #16599623 - 07/27/12 12:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

When I yawn it means I'm about to start tripping.

--------------------

Offlinephaded
Wu Li

Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: kenny57028]
    #16599647 - 07/27/12 12:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've noticed that I yawn a lot more on tryptamines than any other compound type.

OfflineKaoKao
The Grippler

Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: phaded]
    #16599681 - 07/27/12 12:54 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

When I yawn I'm about 10 minutes away from visuals....the next yawn means it's over.

I don't know about anyone else but I peak for like 3 hours...The rest of the trip isn't even worth staying awake for...

--------------------
Anything I say should not be taken as truth, I make up stories and just joke around and stuff.

Invisiblesailing
China Cat Sunflower
Male

Loc: United States
Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: KaoKao]
    #16599699 - 07/27/12 12:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i usually dont start yarning until the comedown. but on mushrooms, yawning just feels soooo fucking good!

I think your theory is a little delusional though, no offense

--------------------
Love is the deep spiritual connection between the self and all things. We are all a part of the same universe.

Crazy cat peekin through a lace bandanna,like a one eyed cheshire, like a diamond eyed jack.

:awecid2:

Edited by sailing (07/27/12 12:57 PM)

Offlinephaded
Wu Li

Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: KaoKao]
    #16599748 - 07/27/12 01:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KaoKao said:
When I yawn I'm about 10 minutes away from visuals....the next yawn means it's over.

I don't know about anyone else but I peak for like 3 hours...The rest of the trip isn't even worth staying awake for...

I'm gonna assume you're talking about shrooms... You only care about the peak? Man, the whole trip is important to me! Being sober and eating some fungus and knowing that I'm about to trip gets me excited. Then as I'm coming up getting the first signs that the shrooms are doing something makes me anxious and even more excited, then of course the peak is just :mindblown:, and the comedown is a time to get acquainted with reality and reflect on what has happened. I don't know how you can just care about the peak. :shrug:

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#16599772 - 07/27/12 01:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

phaded said:
I've noticed that I yawn a lot more on tryptamines than any other compound type.

both my friend and i were yawning quite a bit on mushrooms yesterday. never noticed it on anything else.

Offlinephaded
Wu Li

Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #16599777 - 07/27/12 01:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JacksonMetaller said:
Quote:

phaded said:

both my friend and i were yawning quite a bit on mushrooms yesterday. never noticed it on anything else.

:cookiemonster:

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

#16599788 - 07/27/12 01:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

When I start yawning I can gauge how strong my trip is going to be.  Also the gagging is when I know shit is about to get very real.

Personally I think it has more to do with your body going through the motion of trying to metabolize the foreign substance; hence gagging and yawning.  Natural body functions which help the body get to normality.

--------------------
I've kissed mermaids, rode the El Niño.

Offlinefloydfan37
gerald the mouse

#16599806 - 07/27/12 01:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah its more when im coming out of a peak, but i think that is irrelevant.like i said i think its just a link between two worlds like a way of saying let me in to your world, and let me go back to mine,sorry i have a hard time putting my thoughts into words and this may be just a fucked up idea but i do feel some kind of link.

--------------------

Invisiblesailing
China Cat Sunflower
Male

Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: FakePlasticSky]
    #16599815 - 07/27/12 01:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

magnifier661 said:
Also the gagging is when I know shit is about to get very real.

so im not the only one?

lol, one my strong trips, the whole inner workings of my throat become a mystery to me, and swallowing is just like. "wtf do i do with all this saliva in my mouth?"

i think some native american tribes or some ancient culture like that had the belief that if you yawn your soul is escaping.... i forget where i heard that though.

--------------------
Love is the deep spiritual connection between the self and all things. We are all a part of the same universe.

Crazy cat peekin through a lace bandanna,like a one eyed cheshire, like a diamond eyed jack.

Offlinephaded
Wu Li

Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: sailing]
    #16599845 - 07/27/12 01:23 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I think you're looking a little too deep into yawning.

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
    #16599888 - 07/27/12 01:30 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yawning is the bodies way of naturally cooling the brain. One would theorize that the additional activity of the brain during psychedelic trips could cause the brain to heat up. Which would explain why we yawn during trips.

An interesting question comes to mind.  How many people yawned while reading this thread? :grin:

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

Edited by carnage11 (07/27/12 01:31 PM)

Invisiblesailing
China Cat Sunflower
Male

Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: carnage11]
    #16599968 - 07/27/12 01:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

im on two hours of sleep, so i dont think my yawning during this thread really means much, but i did.

--------------------

OfflineKaoKao
The Grippler

#16600004 - 07/27/12 01:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

phaded said:
Quote:

KaoKao said:

I'm gonna assume you're talking about shrooms... You only care about the peak? Man, the whole trip is important to me! Being sober and eating some fungus and knowing that I'm about to trip gets me excited. Then as I'm coming up getting the first signs that the shrooms are doing something makes me anxious and even more excited, then of course the peak is just :mindblown:, and the comedown is a time to get acquainted with reality and reflect on what has happened. I don't know how you can just care about the peak. :shrug:

I mean...like it's just a let down once I stop peaking, I loose that feeling of extreme exctasy, my eyes aren't WIDE OPEN anymore and the visuals are less intense unless my eyes are fixed on an object that isn't moving. I also lose a great deal of the body high. Maybe I need some azures :vibin:

Oh yeah and OP, you are looking waaaayyy into yawning too much lol

--------------------
Anything I say should not be taken as truth, I make up stories and just joke around and stuff.

OfflinemuirileD
Living in Blissful Delirium
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the woods
    #16600044 - 07/27/12 01:58 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JacksonMetaller said:
Quote:

phaded said:

I've read somewhere that yawning is very common while coming up on tryptamines. Can't for the life of me remember where.

--------------------
:bonghit:

InvisibleMarflix

Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: muirileD]
    #16600842 - 07/27/12 04:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

[removed post]

Edited by Marflix (09/19/21 08:16 AM)

Offlinefloydfan37
gerald the mouse

Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: Marflix]
    #16600992 - 07/27/12 05:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Marflix said:
Totally think you're onto something. I yawn a lot when smoking dmt, and esp while coming down. Yawns have always been a mystery, too.... Surely there's something to it.

thank you! i just think its some kind of ancient way to help enter other worlds, including sleep state.

--------------------

OfflineJayRod86
trippin' aint easy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Syracuse, New York
Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: floydfan37]
    #16601036 - 07/27/12 05:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

some interesting thinking going on here. All I can do is confirm that when I yawn I'm about to trip, and as Magnifier said it has something to do with knowing how intense it will be. I usually don't yawn on dubs or small doses.

--------------------

OfflineTokeUp
Friendly non-Toker atm:(
Male

Loc: Trenchtown
Re: yawning is part of the key... [Re: JayRod86]
    #16601145 - 07/27/12 05:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I yawn a lot while tripping on shrooms

back in high school me and my friend would be so bored in my history class we would constantly yawn (they become nearly addictive after the 1st few)

--------------------
:leaf:  :cubie: are my :heart:'s                                                                                       

"The Zone"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag