Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
s p a c e d

Loc: London
Sigur Ros + Radiohead collaboration
    #1659452 - 06/24/03 09:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've posted this under my "Album in production" thread, but I figured if I post again as a new thread, more people might see it.. Basically, my good buddy mike is in Boston and the house where he was staying hosted a party. At this party was the lead singer of sigur ros and his boyfriend (yep he's gay).. the inside info is that sigur ros and radiohead will be collaborating very soon so look out for that. I think this is great news...

-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Sigur Ros + Radiohead collaboration [Re: Rob_K]
    #1659498 - 06/24/03 09:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

ahh that will be beautiful music

Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Sigur Ros + Radiohead collaboration [Re: Blastrid]
    #1659635 - 06/24/03 10:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i would prefer a radiohead/dan the automator collabo

enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

The Watcher

Loc: shambhala
Re: Sigur Ros + Radiohead collaboration [Re: Rob_K]
    #1660722 - 06/25/03 06:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

From what I heard it's live performance at a modern dance show, not an actual release, which sucks, but hell maybe they'll bootleg it.

Here's the article I saw:

Radiohead and Sigur Ros will create new music for the Merce Cunningham Dance Company's piece "Split Sides," which will debut Oct. 14 at New York's Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM). Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood reveals to Billboard.com that on opening night, each group will perform 20 minutes of live music with a twist: the dancers "won't have heard the music until they start."

"It is raising lots of interesting problems about what dance music is," Greenwood admits. "We're talking about the bands crossing from one to the other or sorting out a structure. It could be interesting. Maybe we'll all kind of surprise each other and do the opposite kind of music that we're known for."

"Split Sides" will also be staged Oct. 16-18 at BAM, with the dancers performing to a combination of pre-recorded music and live musicians attempting to recreate the Radiohead and Sigur Ros compositions. A similar arrangement will be utilized when Cunningham's troupe performs the piece elsewhere.

"Musicians copying what we're doing sounds bizarre to me," says Greenwood. "I feel for them! We only just know what we're doing. I'm sure it will be easy for them, but it just might be a bit weird."

A BAM spokesperson says Cunningham will add to the improvisational nature of the piece by employing two different stages and two different sets of costumes, allowing for various future permutations of the performance. Ticket information is not yet available, but the Oct. 14 debut will be a fundraiser of some kind.

In fact, that's so confusing I don't have a clue what's gonna be happening.

let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Sigur Ros + Radiohead collaboration [Re: mr_kite]
    #1662109 - 06/25/03 06:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

it'd be cool if radiohead let others release mixes of their songs (like that hybrid mix that everyone in the world loves so much).

The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media