Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
suicide?
    #1659034 - 06/24/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

what do you people think of people who commit suicide? is it wrong? are they just to weak? do you think they're after life or whatever you believe happens to us after we die, differs from those who die naturally?

--------------------
KB

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: suicide? [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #1659047 - 06/24/03 04:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i think it's our own special form of natural selection.

i don't like to judge people who commit suicide as 'wrong' or 'weak.'  i think they did what they had to do.  and since i don't believe in any sort of afterlife, yes, i believe the same thing happens to them that happens to all people when they die.

nothing.  :smile:

peace,

rebelsteve

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #1659056 - 06/24/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's their choice to make. It's not my place to judge their decision. I would never make that choice, but that doesn't mean it's "wrong" for those people who do. Everyone here screams they want the choice to put a drug into their body for the experience, is that wrong? Suicide is the same thing, a choice made by the individual to terminate their life. In one of my counseling classes we discussed suicide extensively. No matter how much you love and care for someone else, they are the only person in the world who can help themselves. We can offer them opinions, options and encouragement...but nothing we do can really change anything in them. They have to want to change themselves. If someone doesn't want to explore other options, that's their call to make.

It's sad to learn someone you know or cared about has decided to take their own life...but most people don't realize that once that choice has been decided, no matter what we do to try and stop it, the individual will keep trying til successful.

That being said, I don't fuck around when people joke about suicide. If someone I know were to ever call me saying they wanted to off themselves, I'd simply call the police right away. Most people who advertise really don't want to end their life...they want attention or help in another aspect of their life. Those who do successfully terminate their lives are the ones you "discover" or find out about after the fact.

In conclusion...personally, if you want to off yourself, I don't see any reason why you should be denied that option. If you decide to involve me, however, by calling me and telling me you're contemplating it or going to attempt it...be prepared to get the attention you're looking for.

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineDiscordja
Pope

Loc: Atlantic Canada
    #1659060 - 06/24/03 04:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Its a choice, like any other. I don't think anyone has the right to force our continued existence on us should we make a move towards self-negation. Personally, I think (and repeat to myslef in those darker moments) Tom Robbins was right when he wrote that suicide has no style.

As for the afterlife...I have no expectations. I'll find out when I get there.

--------------------
Remember, it's only true if it makes you laugh...

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1659120 - 06/24/03 05:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's not wrong, it just is.  :frown:

What I think just now is that a person's problems do not leave them when they reach the "other side".  We all need to sort through our own problems, in this life or the next.  Karma, I guess. 

--------------------

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1659131 - 06/24/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Suicide is just depressing. Thinking of the concept of sucide is tantamount to thinking of a child getting tangled in the wheels of a train. It's just senseless, that poor girl didnt deserve to get tangled, and a deppressed fellow feels like he's worth less than shit. It just sucks, and you just have to accept it and move on--it's not even in the realm of judging whether they're 'weak' or 'stupid'.

I've felt the want to commit sucide.
Heck, i still have a bit of a morbid obsession of the idea of something bad happening to me, like getting sick, going to sleep and never waking up. Or getting in a car crash where i die instantly. But even when i was feeling like killing myself, I believe (in hindsight) that i did'nt really want to be extinct. I just wanted to go to a place where i could just pity myself so intensly that i dissolve into numbness. It was really just my soul telling me to let go of particularly deep and horrible attachments. Many of my thought processes as depressed individual is a combination of mood and ciruclar thinking.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Edited by David_Scape (06/24/03 05:07 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1659146 - 06/24/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisibletomatoes
you say tomatoe

Loc: and i say . . .
    #1659242 - 06/24/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: suicide? [Re: tomatoes]
    #1659326 - 06/24/03 06:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

if someone were to belive in an afterlife and decided to suicide...then think about it this way.

people suicide for many reasons. some do it while under the influence and some do it because they are just pissed off at life.

so many variations. hell, the suicide note might have said that he was sick of life but we never know if that was what he really meant.

what if he/she started to just get sick of reality and he/she shot himself? that may be running away. and so might living your life. in a way we are running away from death too by living.

if someone wants to suicide and end it all....go right ahead. You may think how cruel I am and all but if someone really wanted to suicide....chances are he/she could care less what you have to say.

just because you know of a words definition doesnt mean it goes along for everyone else.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: suicide? [Re: Boppity604]
    #1659457 - 06/24/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I would never make that choice...

Sorry Boppity, but you cannot possibly know that. You may not currently have any depressive tendencies, but so what?

Maybe when you are 45, you will get laid off, only to come home and find that your wife and children were killed by a drunk driver. Then when trying to start over find out that your accountant scammed you out of your life savings; etc.

Many seniors who upon finding out they have a terminal illness opt out.

The point is you have no idea what the future holds and how you will react to it - you only know your present mind state.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: suicide? [Re: Swami]
    #1659484 - 06/24/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I feel depressed just reading that.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: suicide? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1659496 - 06/24/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Cheer up! Roy Orbison wrote and performed some of his best music AFTER he lost his wife and kids in a car accident. And the Swam made it past the 45 barrier...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1659528 - 06/24/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kenny Bus said:
what do you people think of people who commit suicide? is it wrong? are they just to weak? do you think they're after life or whatever you believe happens to us after we die, differs from those who die naturally?

I do not think that people who kill themselves do so with 'complete intent'. Suicide is a quick physical escape from whatever hardship a person may see as unbearable. By intent, I mean; suicide is a human err, it is a mistake. Mistakes are forgiven. For a person with religious convictions, suicide is not a sealed fate; rather, God will not even judge them. Only when the person who killed themself judges their own self, only then will God extend some of that sweet Mercy to an unfortunate soul who made the choice to end their own lives.

Peace.

--------------------

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
Re: suicide? [Re: Zahid]
    #1659558 - 06/24/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I dont really agree with the idea that someone who wants to commit suicide will do it without any regard to what others say. I myself have felt suicidal at times, and its mostly because I feel so shitty with no end in sight; a friend in those kinds of situations can do alot to turn things around. Now, I don't think I would ever actually commit suicide, but shit happens. Suicide is a mistake made in desperation. I don't judge anyone who successfully (or unsuccessfully for that matter) tried to kill themself, but I think the only logical reason to kill one's self is terminal illness. If someone kills themself for any other reason, I bet its because they just were unable to get the help they needed from others or from within themselves.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: suicide? [Re: Swami]
    #1659567 - 06/24/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cheer up! Roy Orbison wrote and performed some of his best music AFTER he lost his wife and kids in a car accident. And the Swam made it past the 45 barrier...

:lol: 

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Edited by David_Scape (06/24/03 08:01 PM)

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: suicide? [Re: David_Scape]
    #1659696 - 06/24/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>>Sorry Boppity, but you cannot possibly know that. You may not currently have any depressive tendencies, but so what?

Uh, sorry Swami, but yes I CAN know that.

>>Maybe when you are 45, you will get laid off

I'm currently unemployed for over a year now.

>>only to come home and find that your wife and children were killed by a drunk driver.

In my life so far I've been disowned by my folks for being gay, my Father died in 1995, been bashed for being queer and have lost a job for simply being that way. In my senior year of college I was raped, and *shock!* I've been dealing with depression my entire life.

Who are YOU to tell me what I cannot possibly know??? I've been through enough shit to make me want to end it all but to me there is no point in killing myself. SO what if Life isn't peachy for me...I still have LIFE. I wake up every morning and thank God for granting me the gift of waking up for one more day of whatever may happen. Life in and of itself is so precious that I would MUCH rather wake up and spend another day homeless, lying in a box than to put a gun in my mouth and put all my suffering to rest?

I am in control of my own ego; I can control how I perceive my reality and how my mind labels it. So yes...I CAN know that I value the mere fact of life well above and beyond ANY spell of depression I may go through. I've been in some very low low's my friend...and no matter how overwhelming the depression hits me, I know it's simply a chemical reaction in my brain making me feel that way...and I know that I can simply transcend it by not empowering the emotions as I feel them.

Do yourself a favor Swami, stop making assumptions about people you've never met. I've had plenty of occasions to suck a pistol...but I see that as a pointless and wasteful thing to do. No matter how hard my life may be...I am still happy to HAVE that life in the first place.

Peace,

Boppity

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1659719 - 06/24/03 08:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yet you thank God for an extra day ?
:laugh:

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #1659721 - 06/24/03 08:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

In my life so far I've been disowned by my folks for being gay, my Father died in 1995, been bashed for being queer and have lost a job for simply being that way

The folks thing, well .. it happens.. I've known lots of people that's happened to.. Sorry bout your luck - the job thing though? You just took it? You didn't fight it in any way? You DO have rights you know, regardless of what people tell you.

Lemme guess - you live in the US, don't you....

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: suicide? [Re: shr00m]
    #1659749 - 06/24/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>>yet you thank God for an extra day ?

Of course I do!  To be able to see the sun rise one more time, to be able to laugh with friends one more time, to be able to experience ANYTHING one more time...that to me is enough to be thankful for.  I've learned to let go of expectations and to simply be in the "now"...that doesn't mean I still don't have goals and hopes...of course I do.  But I don't fret if things don't go the way I'd like them to.  :smile:  I enjoy each step of the way as it happens.  We are in charge of our own happiness...

Love & Light,

Boppity 

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #1659760 - 06/24/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>>The folks thing, well .. it happens..

Ya, and that was the easiest thing to deal with.  :smile:

>>the job thing though? You just took it?

Nope, I spoke with 13 different attorneys after I lost my job but in the state that it occured in at the time, it wasn't illegal to be fired for being gay...the only state laws were EOE...they couldn't NOT hire you for being gay...but if they wanted to fire you for it...it was legal.  The one attorney told me if I wanted to stay in that state, I should get used to it.  So I moved.  :smile:

>>Lemme guess - you live in the US, don't you....

Yes...please don't hate me for it.  :smile:  hehe

Love & Light,

Boppity

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom