Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Agaricus augustus? (Pictures)
    #1658492 - 06/24/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yesterday I had eaten 3.6 grams of dried Pan. cyanescens, and went on a journey through the woods. Boy, it was a journey alright. I pretty much lost my mind. The colors and visuals were almost too intense.

Anyways, probably right around the peak of this experience I came upon these large mushrooms which I thought were no dout "The Prince" mushrooms. Now that I look at the pictures and descriptions, I am a little unsure. Now I didn't collect these specimens or anything, so I'll have to explain them the best I can.

Cap: 10-12cm broad, convex. White flesh with brown fibrils. Dry.
Gills: Close and free, brown.
Stalk: 8-10 cm long, 3 cm thick, white, slightly off-white/buff. Shaggy, about halfway up. I was not sure if there was a bulbous base or not.
Veil: membranous, not really as thick as I usually see it.

Growing in redwoods, right next to the path. I certainly has not rained much as of late. It was the only mushroom I found...not like I could really concentrate on much...lol! I did not test for bruising or smells. I think I will try to go back and look at them further another day or try to find some more.

Here are the pictures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Agaricus augustus? (Pictures) [Re: angryshroom]
    #1658498 - 06/24/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

They look right. We'd need to verify the odor and bruising to be sure.

There's a mushroom here in Colorado that looks exactly like those but bruises reddish and doesn't have the sweet, almondy smell - Agaricus amicosus.

Nice photos and specimens.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Agaricus augustus? (Pictures) [Re: angryshroom]
    #1658943 - 06/24/03 04:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Cool find! :laugh:

--------------------
Namaste.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract