Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
Re: Chronic Inflammation Causes Virtually All Leading Diseases [Re: mellowparty]
    #16584538 - 07/25/12 06:26 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

igCorcaigh said:
No grains, then what?
Pulses? :shrug:

Fruit, veg, seeds, nuts, herbs, meat, fish, seafood, eggs, some diary, spices... plenty of things.
Quote:

mellowparty said:
I have a hard time believing cholesterol doesn't have anything to do with plaque formation.

Cholestrol is a precursor for important hormones, such as testosterone and cortisol. It is made into Vitamin-D in the presence of sunlight. Cholestrol is made in the liver.
Cholestrol is essential in the body.
Because cholestrol is not water water-soluble, it must be carried around the body by special particles called lipoproteins. You get different varities of lipoproteins with different functions.
The main three, VLDL (very-low density), LDL (low) and HDL (high)
Each of these three lipoproteins carry a percentage of cholestrol, triglycerides and other minor fats.

The real problem starts when triglycerides are unusually high in the bloodstream when a high-carb diet is used because excessive insulin drives the conversion of ingested carbohydrate into fat (triglycerides)
With high triglycerides in your blood, VLDL production sky rockets. This causes some of those particles to become altered into LDLs (small, dense), LDLs are thought to initiate the majority of atherosclerosis problems when they become stuxk in the spaces between cells lining the artery which then oxidises. this oxidative damage causes inflammation.

^^is a editted excerpt from "the primal blueprint". great book. it explains in detail the many lies we are taught about nutrition.

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEmmanuel Goldstein

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Chronic Inflammation Causes Virtually All Leading Diseases [Re: mellowparty]
    #16584681 - 07/25/12 07:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mellowparty said:
I have a hard time believing cholesterol doesn't have anything to do with plaque formation.

Of course it has something to do with it but it was never the cause of the problem, it was an innocent bystander. The body used cholesterol and other constituents found in the blood in order to protect itself from inflammation. Look at what happens when you're running and trip and fall. There is very little difference between the scab that develops on the surface of the skin and the buildup that occurs in arteries and veins. Over time as the wound begins to heal the scab begins to lift at the edges and will fall off eventually quite naturally. Pick at it or cause further inflammation and the body will produce more scab. It's really this simple man and I hate to use these types of simple analogies in order to drive home a point but this is exactly the point the open heart surgeon in the article was trying to express. He said he was misled by corporate deceptive information as a medical student and during the entire 25 years he was performing open heart surgeries. Over 5000 of them, so you would think this makes him some sort of expert on the matter.

My MD is considered one of the worlds top pathologists, JAMA called him this and he saw it very early on in his career. He loves cholesterol, it's essential for so many functions within the body but it's primary function is to protect the entire nervous system from damage during stress and life in general. During autopsies he would look under the plaque and study the wall of the vessel and quickly drew conclusions. It's really a sin to be honest with you and it took a lot of courage for this heart surgeon to step forward and take a stand but this is exactly what honorable people do. He knows it was right to speak out, it's MD's like him who give me hope that a change is really possible.

Inflammation is everything in general and genetics play a minor role in it all. Epigenetics have turned genetics on it's head. A change does occur in cholesterol at times that can play a role in inflammation but it has absolutely nothing to do with quantity, it has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT'S QUALITY. And had the inflammation been brought under control the process of plaque development stops completely and overtime any buildup is worn away as blood moves over the surface of the build up. Look at it as a form of sand blasting, it's one of the roles of HDL.

Cholesterol is used to form a protective covering over the walls injury, it was meant to be a temporary thing but due to the overall poor health of our society we NEVER slip out of an inflammatory state once we slide into it. Inflammation drives everything, look at type 2 diabetes. There's plenty of insulin to the degree it causes a toxic state within the blood, insulin is a toxin when it's production/release is out of control, further exacerbating inflammation. The cells receptors become less and less responsive to insulin signalling and the next thing you know you are diabetic. And the standards for resting glucose are wrong, 99 isn't good at all but these are the standards MD's rely on. Anyway, how this so called medical student can claim this isn't the way it works is well beyond my comprehension.

His level of education is frightening and just goes to show you why we are the laughing stock of the world when it comes to the development, progression and outcomes of disease. Sure we have all of the latest greatest equipment and so called cutting edge research but this research is generally completely misguided. I have a specific spiritual belief but I'm a student of evolution like my doctor and when you try and wrap your head around billions of years of evolution and hundreds of millions of years of fine tuning you can begin to appreciate the body's beautiful ability to completely heal itself when given the proper tools and environment to do so. It's laughable to suggest that disease isn't reversible. Why can't the conditions that brought on the disease in the first place be reversed? Very few illnesses are irreversible and those that are can be brought under control generally. I see/meet these people in my doctors office, I listened to many who say/have said they are blessed and I nod in complete agreement. To have a healer who thinks outside the box is a blessing. To have a healer thank you for allowing him to be your MD is mind blowing.

And for the record there are 60 organic acids that can be measured in the urine that enable a knowledgeable healer to detect EXACTLY where the KREB cycle was interrupted and what caused it. This is another debate where Liquid Smoke said there was no means to measure. He also said that the liver can never become toxic yet there's a specific acid produced when the liver becomes overburdened and toxic. He said cholesterol is bad yet this open heart surgeon said it was all a lie. He said you can detox the body with surgery and toxic medications that can be linked to drug induced SLE among many other serious health issues. He said statins are harmless yet they've been directly linked to muscle damage on the mitochondrial level, muscle aches are an extremely common side effect that begin to occur right away and many are now saying, including my MD that it's directly linked to the steep increase in alzheimer disease. I could go on and on about all of this.

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #16588874 - 07/25/12 08:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mellowparty said:
Quote:

Cannashroom said:
cannabinoids are anti-inflammatory...

In the brain yes, in the cardiovascular system no. CB1R stimulation on hepatocytes activates the cleavage and activation of SREBP-1c leading to expression of FAS and ACC which elevates cholesterol and fatty acid synthesis and thus their plasma levels go up. Essentially the levels of VLDL go up which whereas the atheroprotective HDL goes down. Chronic stimulation leads to dyslipidemia and sets the stage for prothrombotic and proinflammatory state bringing you one step closer to atherosclerosis. Plus stimulated CB1R activates a cascade involving protein kinase B leading to plasma membrane translocation of GLUT4 vesiscles which ultimately decreases glucose plasma levels which is one of the reasons to stuff yourself. This could lead to insulin resistance and other cardiometabolic complications.

Plus the chances of angina pectoris precipitation are heightened in the hour after smoking a joint.

That may be but do you have some sources?  And how does this apply to taking cannabis.  I mean some mechanistic studies on hepatocytes in cell culture proves shit all.  Show me something to say cannabis increases your risk of heart disease.

I know it can increase risk of heart attacks, but this is due to an increased heart rate/BP and not because it causes CHD.

And also, cholesterol consumption has been shown to not be the problem factor with CHD.  It is carbohydrate/ vege oil consumption and the associated inflammation.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: Chronic Inflammation Causes Virtually All Leading Diseases [Re: Cannashroom]
    #16589017 - 07/25/12 08:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cannashroom said:
Quote:

mellowparty said:
Quote:

Cannashroom said:
cannabinoids are anti-inflammatory...

In the brain yes, in the cardiovascular system no. CB1R stimulation on hepatocytes activates the cleavage and activation of SREBP-1c leading to expression of FAS and ACC which elevates cholesterol and fatty acid synthesis and thus their plasma levels go up. Essentially the levels of VLDL go up which whereas the atheroprotective HDL goes down. Chronic stimulation leads to dyslipidemia and sets the stage for prothrombotic and proinflammatory state bringing you one step closer to atherosclerosis. Plus stimulated CB1R activates a cascade involving protein kinase B leading to plasma membrane translocation of GLUT4 vesiscles which ultimately decreases glucose plasma levels which is one of the reasons to stuff yourself. This could lead to insulin resistance and other cardiometabolic complications.

Plus the chances of angina pectoris precipitation are heightened in the hour after smoking a joint.

That may be but do you have some sources?  And how does this apply to taking cannabis.  I mean some mechanistic studies on hepatocytes in cell culture proves shit all.  Show me something to say cannabis increases your risk of heart disease.

Can't you do your own research? Just go to pubmed and type cannabis heart disease, cannabinoids cardiomyopathy or similar queries and read for yourself. There was a huge review I posted a few days ago, I can't be arsed with the same shit each time to prove a point. All in all there are mixed reports, some suggest that cannabidiol has cardioprotective properties.

Also whats that BS about mechanistic cell culture studies proving shit all?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds