Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Laminar Flow Hood, Paul Stamets, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenihilist
another systemof control

Loc: USA
grow rooms
    #1658753 - 06/24/03 04:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i want to have a grow room, like the commercial one found on the net. i've seen some really big ones, with decent prices. but, none of the grow rooms i have seen have clean rooms to sterilize yourself before entering. i thought that was odd. why would they put so much into the filtration of the air, if the only way in is to open two huge doors in the front of the room? here is a link to the one i saw, and there are many more just like it. in fact, i can't find one with a clean room. if anyone knows where to find one or knows why they don't have them, pease tell me.

http://www.fungi.com/tools/growrooms.html

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: grow rooms [Re: nihilist]
    #1658822 - 06/24/03 05:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

localized clean zones in front of laminar flow hoods eliminate the need for being anal. I think even walking into a room like that, running your flow hoods will definantly clean the air down to a class 100 room, after a couple spritzes of lysol.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1658826 - 06/24/03 05:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

also, these are not clean rooms, they are grow rooms - for fruiting.

If you want a clean room, stamets books have the procedure for making them.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlinenihilist
another systemof control

Loc: USA
Re: grow rooms [Re: Raadt]
    #1659293 - 06/24/03 08:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i did a little search for clean rooms. they don't look complicated. in fact, you can buy air shower units seperately and make the clean room. thanks for the correction, it explains why my search wasn't going anywhere.

Offlinerhb
Traveler
Male

Loc: Philippines
    #21067211 - 01/04/15 08:10 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

This is my first post here, so forgive my unsophisticated musings. Please...
When I did my cultivation experiments in the 1970's things were a little primitive compared to what I see here. But I had good fortune with a homemade clean box made from 1/4" Plexiglas siliconed together. I had a hinged top for loading, and two closeable hand holes on the vertical face of the box. I had no laminar flow of any kind. Lysol was my friend. I wore disposable rubber gloves to access the inside to inoculate the agar agar and to spray moisture etc. It taught me a lot about sterile technique :smile:. but I was successful on my very first attempt to grow from a non sterile mail order spore print. I had about(if I remember, a 60% success from petri dishes to mason jar fruitings. Today, I live in the Philippines and hope to just stumble upon something interesting. Maybe no need to cultivate.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Laminar Flow Hood, Paul Stamets, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology