Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips
    #1657906 - 06/24/03 05:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That's right, there is no secret chemical additive or certain activity for giving you the best trips. It is all about the state of mind that you take into the experience. Your conscious mindset can make you enjoy any activity so much more and its what keeps you in control, instead of the trip overpowering and controlling you. Your mindset can be the difference between a magical, rewarding trip, or a real nightmare, or just a plain dull experience. I have had my share of all different kinds of shroom trips, just as many of you have. But now days each trip I take is consistently positive and amazing. Its all because I have discovered the virtues of meditation before and during my trips.
Meditation empowers you to see the best visuals and to feel the best feelings. I have also learned that meditation also greatly enhances my normal real life as well. Meditation has helped me understand how to reach a more conscious and aware level of being, and then I am able to start seeing what mindsets make everything more rich and rewarding. I see the beauty of nature and everything a lot more lately, without the aid of mushrooms. But then when I am on shrooms, I cant even begin to tell you how cool it is, consistently every time I trip.
If you have happened to have had a great trip which seemed better than the rest, it is simply because you just happened to be in the right mindset at the time. At least that is the main reason.
The power is inside YOU. :smile:
Peace yall.       

Edited by SurwinMaxawow (06/24/03 05:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #1657937 - 06/24/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

been thinking the same thing for a while.

meditation helps everything

i have to be meditating going into the start of the trip...or at least the start of the peak. If i dont and try to meditate in the middle of the peak or something its just impossible.....shit just keeps flying through my mind at a million miles an hour as i jsut sit there and stare at the ceiling smiling....hell last time me and my friend were crying uncontrollably.....like a different kind of crying than id ever experienced....a sort of billsfull happiness and tear of enlightenment.

now i dont believe you can achive enlightenment from a drug.....but i do thing mushrooms are here for a reason....i dont know what but they lead me in the same direction every time....and i love it. I think there just a tool of nature for us to use to help us in spirituality....this is just one of many tools givin to us by nature and our own bodies.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: Vulture]
    #1657967 - 06/24/03 06:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Cool Vulture, I am glad you think like I do. I want to really encourage people who are going to trip to do it in a manner which is more spiritually growth promoting, for lack of a better way to put it.
I believe that we are all connected. Like all consciousness is connected, and so we really do effect one another on a deeper level than we might think. Read Whitley Strieber's book "The Key". It really blows your mind.
Anyway, looking at it this way, perhaps every positive and beneficial experience helps and adds to the whole, effecting each and every one of us. This is just a thought which may or may not be true.

I totally agree with you about mushrooms being a TOOL of nature. You don't get enlightenment directly from the mushrooms, but from your own spirit which is connected to the divine. The mushrooms can help you access enlightenment by making it easier for your spirit to open up those doors which lead to enlightenment. All true enlightenment is from God, even if its received while tripping on mushrooms.
Just like any tool, it can be used or misused. Fire is a great tool which can worm your body and cook food, but it can also burn down your house when it is used unwisely.
Thanks for your comments Vulture :smile: 

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1658263 - 06/24/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I totaly agree. :thumbup: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: chinacat72]
    #1658350 - 06/24/03 11:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Same.

--------------------
huh????

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

#1658357 - 06/24/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SurwinMaxawow said:
Cool Vulture, I am glad you think like I do. I want to really encourage people who are going to trip to do it in a manner which is more spiritually growth promoting, for lack of a better way to put it.
I believe that we are all connected. Like all consciousness is connected, and so we really do effect one another on a deeper level than we might think. Read Whitley Strieber's book "The Key". It really blows your mind.
Anyway, looking at it this way, perhaps every positive and beneficial experience helps and adds to the whole, effecting each and every one of us. This is just a thought which may or may not be true.

I totally agree with you about mushrooms being a TOOL of nature. You don't get enlightenment directly from the mushrooms, but from your own spirit which is connected to the divine. The mushrooms can help you access enlightenment by making it easier for your spirit to open up those doors which lead to enlightenment. All true enlightenment is from God, even if its received while tripping on mushrooms.
Just like any tool, it can be used or misused. Fire is a great tool which can worm your body and cook food, but it can also burn down your house when it is used unwisely.
Thanks for your comments Vulture :smile: 

A very wise post indeed.  :mushroom2: 

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: bluesky]
    #1658402 - 06/24/03 11:56 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard that people have a sort of spontaneous trip while meditating - full on visuals and all. I've always been rather skeptical of these sorts of reports, but I'm definetely interested in persuing this sort of thing.
I think that for most people, especially people who are in touch with their bodies, ought to persue yoga first. I never really 'got' meditation until I started practicing yoga. my yoga teacher used to trip when she was young, but now assures me that she 'gets to the same place' only it's more wholesome. I don't know... it sure would be nice though, cause honestly I'd prefer not to take drugs.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: Malachi] * 1
    #1658463 - 06/24/03 12:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've been meditating since I was in high school (late 80's) and started a formal, daily practice just over 3 years ago now. Meditation has changed my life; all for the better. This topic has been covered a lot on shroomery in the Spirituality forum.

One thing should be pointed out though, tripping and meditation are NOT the same experience. They are similar at times, but they're not the same thing. In my own practice, sober meditation takes me deeper and I develop better insights than when I would meditate tripping. I agree whole-heartedly that psychedelics are great tools to help people begin to understand the nature of consciousness and how our mind relates to our sense perceptions, but that is simply a starting point.

Regardless of tradition, there are two main types of meditation: stabilizing and analytical. Through stabilizing meditation we learn to calm the mind, to bring our attention inwards and to simply become an "audience" to our perceptions. Once you can achieve calm abiding, you learn to develop single-point states of mind (samadhi). It is in samadhi states of meditation that you develop insight via analytical meditation.

In the Tibetan Buddhist tradition there are many different schools of thought and practice but all five lineages teach beginners the basic lam rim chen mo series of meditations. These aim at developing both stabilization of the mind/samadhi states as well as developing insight via analytical meditation. I am still only in the lam rim cycle of meditations in my own practice, but eventually I'd like to take some initiations into Tantric practices.

Also, you don't need to practice yoga in order to benefit from practicing meditation. Unless you're practicing tantric or kundalini meditation, you don't need to be concerned with prana and how it's flowing through your body. Yoga can greatly improve your posture and breathing...but so can meditation. The seven-point posture is the most traditional posture used in meditation across the board of traditions. That doesn't mean meditation will ONLY work if you use that posture. Meditation is a practice; one with many ways of achieving the same end result. It's up to the practitioner to find the method/tradition that they are most comfortable with and commit to it.

Meditation is something you need to do every day if you want to see results. It took me two years to finally start seeing results in my samadhi states. I started off sitting for 10 minutes each night before bed and 30 minutes every Saturday and Sunday. Now I sit for 30 minutes each night before bed and up to two hours each day of the weekend.

Finally, don't get romanticized by the psychedelics in the world...they are a drug. In the right state of mind they can be great tools, and in other states of mind they can be great forms of enjoyment. They are, however, neutral. Whether you choose to empower them, that's up to you. The insight you walk away from a trip with was already in your own mind. The drugs just help put you into a mentality in which you could develop the insight yourself. Dose responsibly, enjoy the trips, but remember...the true "magic" is already within you. Some people need a "boost" from psychedelics, others don't. Once you start achieving deeper states of consciousness, that's the goal and point (at least in my opinion.)

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: Malachi]
    #1658516 - 06/24/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>>I've heard that people have a sort of spontaneous trip while meditating - full on visuals and all.

That's true, and it does occur because visuals are related to heightened theta waves in the brain.  Deep states of meditation increase theta wave activity.

Goa (psychedelic trance) can also induce visuals because many Goa producers specifically compose their songs with attention to different frequency ranges that will induce altered states of consciousness.  The 16th-note bassline, a classic key element of a Goa track, actually increases the alpha wave activities of the mind.

The last Goa party I went to was back in January in Philly, my buddy Kent (aka Mind Warped) was perfoming a live PA and about half-way through his set, while sitting in front of the speakers in a samadhi state, I immediately began to have full-on CEV's from that point forward until the end of the set and I brought myself out of meditation.  It was the only time I've ever had Goa actually induce CEV's while I was completely sober; but it was better than any drug-induced visuals I've ever had too.  They were very cool.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

PS - If anyone wants to check out Kent's music as Mind Warped (he also produced as Shape Shifters with Hugh Sharpe) you can check out some recent releases at www.soularrecords.com 

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: Boppity604]
    #1658702 - 06/24/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"That's true, and it does occur because visuals are related to heightened theta waves in the brain. Deep states of meditation increase theta wave activity."

Very interesting. The connection between certain brain wave frequencies and visuals is fascinating and useful. Thanks.

--------------------
huh????

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: Pala] * 1
    #1658778 - 06/24/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

wow.....i never knew that Goa did that.

damn ive always loved Goa. What are some good examples of some songs that could change the brain waves?

would you consider infected mushroom and astral projection goa? I always have and they have been my favs since high school.

what would Shpongle fall under? Its in its own catagory i think. I know one thing......the shit is way different when you listen to it on shrooms.....i swear i can hear things in the background talking...and all kinds of crazy stuff when im tripping that i cant when im not...it makes the songs almost completly different and so intercuit it puts me in awe.

--------------------

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

#1658837 - 06/24/03 03:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"what would Shpongle fall under? Its in its own catagory i think."

Yeah, you're probably right. I guess if I had to, I'd classify it under goa or psytrance, though.

--------------------
huh????

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #1658892 - 06/24/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>>damn ive always loved Goa. What are some good examples of some songs that could change the brain waves?

Most Goa, to some extent, affects at least the alpha waves. I would recommend you listening to some of these songs to get a good idea of just how powerful Goa can be:

1. Chi-AD - Eye Am the I
2. Blue Planet Corporation - Antidote (Pleadians Remix)
3. Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles
4. Mind Warped - Dark Matter
5. Filthy Beasts - Degenerate

There's alot going on in Goa...moreso than is necessarily obvious to the apprehensive listener. The modern stuff over the last year has been falling into a more techno-style...and it's disappointing really. That doesn't mean there aren't good Goa artists out there any more, there certainly are...I'm just an "old school junkie" and I prefer tracks that are melodic and have complex arrangements where the melody and harmony are the psychedelia itself, instead of the more modern trend of having solid kicks with thick basslines and a bunch of "weird noise" loops and samples containing the psychedelia.

>>would you consider infected mushroom and astral projection goa?

IM and AP are top-notch Goa artists. AP were pretty much "kings" of Goa until Simon Posford came on the scene and started releasing music as Hallucinogen. I love Simon's work, but I still think in terms of pure Goa composition and arrangment, there are better artists out there. But don't misread that...Simon is definitely one of the world's best Goa producers around...I just don't think he's the "absolute" best. I still think Dave Young of CHI-AD is a better producer.

>>what would Shpongle fall under?

Well it's marketed as psy-ambient or psy-dub fusion. Honestly, Simon and Raja take the essence of psychedelic experiences and give it their own swing. Shpongle is in a league of their own as far as musical style, but the concept behind Sphongle is no different than the concept behind any other psychedelic musical group.

>>i swear i can hear things in the background talking...

That's because they're really there. Mixing a song down is an art...and psychedelic artists do it very well. Harmonics and delay are two very important tools in creating psychedelia.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #1669748 - 06/28/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome Boppity, perphaps you can give me some links, or some specific CDs I can purchase in stores to listen to?

Goa sounds like the type of music Ive always wanted, but have yet to be exposed to the genre.

Thanks in advance

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1669944 - 06/28/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There are several great online stores where you can buy Goa and other styles of Psychedelic electronic music. Here's a post I made last summer regarding the topic:

Music & Other Links

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1669968 - 06/28/03 05:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

thinking about meditation makes me feel insane sometimes... like it feels like i'm giving in to some sort of inner delusion. I think that has to do with my intentions going into it, though. I don't really like to think about that transcendental shit, but rather just use meditation as a chance to BE in control of your thought patterns. fear is lack of self control.

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: Grav]
    #1674802 - 06/30/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Grav, becoming more self aware and in control of your own being, (thoughts feelings, etc.) is exactly what I am talking about with meditation. What I am talking about has nothing to do with giving yourself or your will over to something else like some mystical force or delusion. Its all about reaching a higher level of conscious awareness. Its all about becoming more aware of the subtitles of the spirit which either enhance our experience of life or detract from it. This is learning how to TRULY be in control of your being, and direct it to a more rewarding life experience. And lets not fool ourselves either.....there are probably infinite layers or levels of conscious awareness that we can achieve...not that reaching them is always easy. But there is always a new level to climb to. This is what all of us true "Psychonauts" are all about, exploring the final frontier of conscious BEING.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

#1677002 - 07/01/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

amen

--------------------

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
    #1677470 - 07/01/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, Boppity, your friend Mind Warped, tell him I say he makes insane shit!
I downloaded one of the samples on the solar records site, the one with Deeper in Zen, called Inhalation, it was insane!
I'm perfectly sober now, I loaded it into winamp (I saved the target as, just so I didn't lose my playlist) and listened to it. My whole body went up in goosebumps, from my back all over my body, I froze, my chin dropped, and my mind went blank. My eyes started tearing too, I have no clue why, but it just fucked with my head or something.
I listen to live365.com alot, alot of the trance and stuff, and whenever I hear a good beat, I get goosebumps on my arms, but never all over my body, it just was an insane experiance. My mind went totally blank, and I just stared at my moniter for the 1 min 8 secconds it was on, and it felt like 10 secconds. I LOVE that type of music, I'm gonna save up and buy some records.

Anyways, I never meditated before in my life, and have no clue what to do, or how to do it. I'd like to learn how though, so could you point me in some sort of direction, where to go? I don't believe in any religion as of now (despite my grandparents bickering at me, who are firm catholics) and I don't really believe in God. Sometimes I wonder, but most of the time I don't. Would that effect anything? If it does that sucks, because I'd need to experiance one of those huge life changing things to start believing in god. Any near death experiance I've had I owe to my own consciousness, and my own actions to get out of unharmed. Everything I have in life I worked for, so I really have no reason to believe in God. I have my own theorys about space and the begining of the universe, but I don't want to share them here (wrong thread)

Anyways, I just want to say again, that song was insane! Way more intense then ANY shpongle song I've ever heard, it just overwhelmed me, and I felt europhic listening to it. Anyways, I'll await a reply, maybe I'll PM you Boppity about your buddies music, I'd love to see him perform live aswell...

And about mixing music, I don't know all the know how and what not, but as soon as I get my new car, I'm gonna save up for a set of turn tables an a mixing board.

Oh yah, my eyes tend to tear alot while I'm tripping too, its just something that always happens when I trip hard...

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: MEDITATION - The Key to having the BEST Shroom Trips [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1677495 - 07/01/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>>your friend Mind Warped, tell him I say he makes insane shit!

You can tell him yourself, there's a link to his homepage from the Soular Records website.  :smile:  In my opinion, Kent is without doubt the best American Goa producer on the scene right now.  His understanding of how to induce and control trance spaces through music is simply amazing.  It's an honor to know him...and a blessing to hear his music.  :smile:

>>My whole body went up in goosebumps, from my back all over my body, I froze, my chin dropped, and my mind went blank. My eyes started tearing too, I have no clue why, but it just fucked with my head or something.

That's Goa baby!!  :smile:  You've been bitten by the bug...

>>I LOVE that type of music, I'm gonna save up and buy some records.

PM me if you'd like some mix CDs...

>>Anyways, I never meditated before in my life, and have no clue what to do, or how to do it. I'd like to learn how though, so could you point me in some sort of direction, where to go?

Again, PM me and we can talk further in detail off-thread.

>>I don't believe in any religion as of now

You don't have to believe in God or practice a religion to practice meditation.  Meditation is a method, a tool which we use to better understand consciousness and perceptions.  It can be used by anyone, in any philosophy or dogma.

>>Anyways, I just want to say again, that song was insane! Way more intense then ANY shpongle song I've ever heard, it just overwhelmed me, and I felt europhic listening to it. Anyways, I'll await a reply, maybe I'll PM you Boppity about your buddies music, I'd love to see him perform live aswell...

Right on...Goa is amazing stuff when the producers know what they're doing.  :smile:  Glad it's speaking to you.  :smile:

>>Oh yah, my eyes tend to tear alot while I'm tripping too, its just something that always happens when I trip hard...

To me moved to exhaultation is a good thing...regardless of impetus.

Looking forward to your PM.

Love & Light,

Boppity 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale