Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
that moment between being awake and dreaming
    #1658165 - 06/24/03 09:45 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I regularly experience a state of being awake/dreaming and it's the strangest thing. I will use my experience from yesterday as an example. I was in my living room lying on the sofe listening to Tool. I slowly start to drift off into sleep but I could still hear the music (though I couldn't really follow it). Then it almost felt like I was beginnning to dream but the music kept my mind from "letting go". Then I began to get really confused, I didn't know where I was, it felt like I was in another room of my house. Then I realized I was in my living room because I could see it, though my eyes were closed and my head was turned towards the sofa. It is so weird, the more I tried to concentrate on seeing something in focus, say my tv, the more blurry it would become, and when I stopped trying, everything was clear, almost as real as waking reality.  I have experienced this many times on the train as well. I would try to fall asleep but the people talking around me and the noise of the train somehow kept me grounded and not allowed me to fully go to sleep. Again I could see the person sitting in front of me even though my eyes were closed, or I could picture something in my mind and it felt as if I was actually looking at is as if it was right there infront of me. Hehe, whether this means something or not, my visualization skills get good excercise :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: that moment between being awake and dreaming [Re: chodamunky]
    #1658167 - 06/24/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Non-REM sleep?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: that moment between being awake and dreaming [Re: Sclorch]
    #1658221 - 06/24/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I always drift into that state for a while, as its hard for me to fall metally asleep but my body falls asleep quite easily. I end up seeing many places very clear, and even have strong dreams while I'm falling asleep, but moving in the dreams is really hard. Its a very strange state most reffered to as the hypagogic state, where your body is asleep but your mind is still awake, and usually accompanied by visuals of places.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: that moment between being awake and dreaming [Re: chodamunky]
    #1658375 - 06/24/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Happens to me once in a while.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order