Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Any opinions on why such a wild reaction?
    #1658069 - 06/24/03 10:34 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hi guys, haven't been here in a while...anyway, I've got the desire to partake again, as some time, about 6 months, has elapsed since a very disconcerting New Years Eve shrooming. Basically, 2 grams sent me to a level 5 or thereabouts, I had a seizure of some sort as well, and was basically struggling just to stay awake for hours until it ran it's course and I was back to OK land. I'd had perfectly fine experiences during the preceding couple of months with the shroomies, the other people I was with that night had experiences appropriate for the dosage, we all had the same food, etc. Very strange reaction, for sure.
Basically, I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similiar experience and what theories might exist to explain it, i.e., low dosage but really over the top (and not in a good way) experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Any opinions on why such a wild reaction? [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1660919 - 06/25/03 11:25 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm.. that must've been quite excruciating!

Tripping is partly body, partly mind. Your mind can intensify or weaken a given tripstrength. (some can even "snap out of it" on LEVEL5 if they feel genuinely threatened, like fire in the livingroom)
It is a known fact that even a low dose can give a devastatingly strong response in a usually normsal responder and that this is psychological. Sometimes you walk around and everything seems calm and groovy. but just beneath the surface of awareness there's a roaring inferno of intense emotions etc.

A trip may surely activate latent stuff that's prone to happen. Stanislav Grof states that beyond a certain treshold experiences may be as strong as can be had. 20 mg psilocybin thus may hit you like 100 on the right (for me WRONG) day. Most seizures you cannot stave off, so it might have been a psychosomatic (mind acting out through the body) response. Please read Stanislav Grof's "LSD PSYCHOTHERAPY" for any question about trip content.

Don?t sweat it.. it looks like one of those lowdose !KABOOMs! I myself tend to get.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: Any opinions on why such a wild reaction? [Re: Asante]
    #1661159 - 06/25/03 01:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the response - it was very much a bad evening overall, and i really got great support from friends, also tripping but not like me, as well as finding it within myself to maintain consciousness and composure. I found myself taking little 'sidebars' with myself that night for the purpose of posing questions to myself such as 'Are you going to make it, or is the hospital a better alternative?', but wouldn't let myself focus on such things for long as that would surely only make things much worse. It was truly very cool until the seizure hit, though, the floor was a carnival of color and form, and then the next thing I know I'm being slapped to revive me!

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
Re: Any opinions on why such a wild reaction? [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1661625 - 06/25/03 04:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thats good advice from Wiccan_Seeker, I would highly recommend reading Grof, especially to anyone who has experienced physical manifestations when tripping

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being