Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis
    #1656378 - 06/23/03 06:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

U.S. troops oust Iraqi swimmers from pool

The article above is another great example proving how much the US really cares about the Iraqi people. Why do I always have to read foreign papers to get the scoop on what's happening in Iraq?

BAGHDAD ? Iraqi swimmers hoping to make a splash at the world championships in Barcelona next month are having to train in the murky Tigris River because the US Army have taken over the only Olympic-sized pool in Baghdad for their troops
"All attempts by Iraqi officials to recover the pool were in vain. Hence we have to train in the Tigris even though the conditions are not suitable."
The ash-Shaab stadium, where soccer tournaments used to take place, and the Saddam basketball hall have also been taken over by the Americans.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis [Re: Cornholio]
    #1657241 - 06/24/03 12:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think you know why you have to read foreign papers. Its called the Propaganda Matrix. Here is a good link: www.prisonplanet.com

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis [Re: MOTH]
    #1657332 - 06/24/03 01:18 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Intersting link, I hadn't seen that one yet!

The funny thing is that even my dad, who is a Bush supporting Republican, says he has to go to a German newspaper just to figure out what is going on in the World. That's a really sad statement about the American media.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1658841 - 06/24/03 05:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

We went to war with Iraq because we were concerned with the wellbeing of the Iraqi people.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis [Re: Learyfan]
    #1658847 - 06/24/03 05:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm.  :tongue:

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis [Re: Learyfan]
    #1658898 - 06/24/03 05:53 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

U.S. soldiers arrested 17-year-old Khaled Salim in the southern suburbs of Baghdad Tuesday. Salim, who insulted occupying troops on his way to school, was bound and taken away as a warning to others.

Globeandmail.com

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis [Re: Edame]
    #1659084 - 06/24/03 06:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

U.S. soldiers arrested 17-year-old Khaled Salim in the southern suburbs of Baghdad Tuesday. Salim, who
insulted occupying troops on his way to school, was bound and taken away as a warning to others.

What kind of macho bullshit is that?! They're threatened by insults? Christ. These people
just got their asses bombed.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis [Re: Edame]
    #1659111 - 06/24/03 07:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

U.S. soldiers arrested 17-year-old Khaled Salim in the southern suburbs of Baghdad Tuesday. Salim, who insulted occupying troops on his way to school, was bound and taken away as a warning to others.

That idiot!  How dare him think we would allow free speech in a country that we claim we made "free"!  :shake:  Doesn't he know terms like "freedom" are just buzzwords for the media???  :nut: 

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1662671 - 06/25/03 10:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I got to stay out of this forum. :smile: Most of the Iraqi people are glad we got rid of Saddam. I have about 10 friends that are Iraqi that live here in the States and they were crying with joy when we attacked.

Suppose that these two stories are true. Instead of kicking them out of the pool, Saddam would have put them in a plastic shredder. The kid yelling insults would have been crusified in the center of town with his tongue cut out. Get a grip. As far as the kid that was arrested goes, that text was in the subtitle of the image and was never mentioned again in the rest of the article. Interesting. You talk about free speach. Have you not seen all the protests that we have allowed to happen. Saddam would have had them all mown down with machine guns and left them there for everyone to see.

After the first Gulf War Chemical Ali gathered thousands and thouands of Shiite Muslims in the South for a 'party'. He then had them sprayed wth deadly chemicals and shot them all to death. The results from that are some of the mass graves that we have dug thousands of bodies out of.

I know you are all still pissed because Bush won the election based on the laws we have had in this country for 200 years, but it is time to get over it. In reality, he will most likely be elected again. The Dems sure don't have much to offer it seems. Gephardt announced the other day that if he wins he will overturn all supreme court decisions by executive order that he does not like. I don't think he could even do this in reality, but it is nice to know that one of the leading candidates on the Democratic party side would have no problems wiping his ass with our Constitution.

I just read the article about the pool and I believe it to be total BS. It is from the 'Middle East Online'. That sounds like a reliable source. It also stated that we took over the soccer stadium. That is total BS since we actually helped the Iraqis rebuilt it, and got our butts kicked by them in a couple of good will games. Maybe you should find some new sources for your 'truth'.

Edited by shakta (06/25/03 10:15 PM)

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis [Re: shakta]
    #1662851 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That's what an Iraqi at our school said. He came to US before or after Desert Storm and is a proffesor at a University. He talked to us for about an hour and said the people in Iraq want Saddam gone but he was not for the US attacking Iraq.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1663843 - 06/26/03 08:11 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i just take comfort in the fact that he cant be elected a third time, no matter how big of a boner people have for him.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1664189 - 06/26/03 12:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I don't question that people wanted Sadam out. I question how long they want US leaders in control of their country.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1665371 - 06/26/03 08:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think the M.East is the place to just up and go leaving a power vacuum behind. There are plenty of other bad fuckers to take Saddams place and if that happened all this effort would truly be a waste.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1665400 - 06/26/03 08:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

We don't have to take over a country's Government to provide protection. That's ridiculous.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1665441 - 06/26/03 08:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I just read the article about the pool and I believe it to be total BS. It is from the 'Middle East Online'. That sounds like a reliable source. It also stated that we took over the soccer stadium. That is total BS since we actually helped the Iraqis rebuilt it, and got our butts kicked by them in a couple of good will games. Maybe you should find some new sources for your 'truth'.

I can't believe how vehemently people defend the Bush regime.  Would you trust Yahoo?  They just ran an article proving this was indeed true, but they did it in a very positive light for the US troops (saying how wonderful we were to let them even use their own pool).  Can anyone start to see the incredible spin the media has been putting on this whole mid-east thing yet???  It's ridiculous that people are still refusing to believe anything negative about the US, in spite of evidence like this being slapped in their face over, and over again.

Iraq's ambitious swimming team jumps out of the Tigris into the pool

Edit:  Here's an exerpt showing what good guys we were:  "The swimmers have always used the Tigris for long-distance training, but pollution and unexploded US missiles have made the river an unsavoury prospect for the team's training sessions and make the pool a welcome improvement."

What unbelievable spin on the truth!  :shake:

--------------------

Edited by Cornholio (06/26/03 11:20 PM)

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1665464 - 06/26/03 09:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm talking about after the fact. Saddam is gone. You want the US to just leave now?

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1665508 - 06/26/03 09:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Why would you automatically assume that the spin in our media is so much worse than the spin in the middle eastern media? Furthurmore, how do you know what the truth is? Were you there?

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: America proves once again our concern for the Iraqis [Re: 1stimer]
    #1665510 - 06/26/03 09:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
i just take comfort in the fact that he cant be elected a third time, no matter how big of a boner people have for him.

That is why we have the system we do. Of course Clinton is trying his best to get it repealed so he can run for a third term.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1665882 - 06/26/03 11:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
Why would you automatically assume that the spin in our media is so much worse than the spin in the middle eastern media? Furthurmore, how do you know what the truth is? Were you there?

The reports don't contradict one another, so I assume they're both true. One report says the Iraqi swimmers were ousted from the pool to the Tigris, the other says Iraqi swimmers were invited from the Tigris into the pool. How would a neutral person write this story? To me it seems that an Iraqi swim team would have more rights to their own pool, than a foreign military, so I would argue that they were ousted.

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1665992 - 06/27/03 12:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well, if the foreign military just ridded your country of an evil dictator, I think they deserve a little respect. They aren't going to do everything perfect, but they are doing it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion