Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Thinking In Pictures
    #1655850 - 06/23/03 03:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thinking in pictures (excerpt)(It's an easy reader :sun: )
The fact that some autistics have the ability to 'take a picture of a page of text' so that they can read it later ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDS ME. I am not autistic but i feel i know what this woman is talking about. I think we think like this everyday, but it's not so much the foundation of our thinking as it is a tool. Many autistics seem to be 'forced' to understand things only in pictures. And from the excerpt, this can have superior benefits attached to them if the austic person finds a way to communicate effectively with the outside world. How visual of a thinker are you(i for one seem to think in words and highly abstract pictures that I barely recognize consciously.)?

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Thinking In Pictures [Re: David_Scape]
    #1657238 - 06/24/03 12:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i love when i think pictures thers a warm fuzzines to it.ist really hard for me to describe it.

about the autistic thing this kid back in high school wasnt autistic but he had something that was related to it.he had real good photogenic memory like we would tell him to memorize a class room .he would go outside and while he was out side we moved a couple of things nothing mayor.when he cam back he moved every thin back to place.also he could tell you what your birthday was anyone even ppl that didnt go to that school

Anonymous

#1657277 - 06/24/03 12:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I can do the thing where you take a picture of a page to read later. I didn't think I was autistic though. :ooo: It is really beneficial for my studies. During a test all I have to do is conjure up the image to browse through. Of course it's not perfect, some words or sections are missing, but for the most part it's like I have my notes right there in front of me. :grin: 

Anonymous

#1657294 - 06/24/03 12:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Reading over that article it describes me to a T.  :blush: Maybe I am slightly autistic. But anyway, here's something else I find interesting: When I'm reading a novel I'm making a movie of it in my head. This movie sticks with me just like any real movie I would watch. I can replay my movie adaption :smirk: in my head later on just as easy as a real movie scene. I can also "see" music in my head to an extent. The music is not shapes exactly but more abstract than that. It's hard to put into words what it looks like. 

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Thinking In Pictures [Re: ]
    #1657422 - 06/24/03 02:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I used to be able to pull up an image in my head and read it, as Max said, it was nice having my notes in my head. Im sure i probably could again, if i concentrated, now i just have too much on my mind. However, since ive used DMT my creativity has been majorly boosted, and ive been thinking in pictures, and actually being able to draw my thoughts out on paper.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Thinking In Pictures [Re: PDU]
    #1657773 - 06/24/03 04:52 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

lucky bastards. my sister and grandpa have this gift.looks like it skips a generation.  my sister barely even open's a book outside of school she only has to go to class but im sure that will change when she goes to college :grin: 

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: Thinking In Pictures [Re: buckwheat]
    #1658291 - 06/24/03 12:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lucky bastards. my sister and grandpa have this gift.looks like it skips a generation. my sister barely even open's a book outside of school she only has to go to class but im sure that will change when she goes to college

Think about that and get back to me.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology