Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Dessicant

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAmuro
not a stranger
Loc: Northeast U.S.
Problem with making a print!!!
    #1655743 - 06/23/03 09:55 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

He used a "sterilized", small rubber maid container air tight, with some dellicatesen paper for the spores to drop on. After the aloted time he went throught the process of taking the print out and storing, but noticed that the cap had left the print all "runny and wet". What can this poor soul do to keep the print dry? would a little homemade desicant pack work to keep the moiture away from the print. Perhaps it's still allright? What is the best TEk here on the boards for making the prints?

--------------------
You want them to like you, but then forget you the moment you leave.

"Government was created so they could tell people how to live"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Loc: Chongqing, China
Re: Problem with making a print!!! [Re: Amuro]
    #1655769 - 06/23/03 02:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like you did everything right except giving the print a chance to dry before putting it into storage. you should give the cap 12-24 hours to sporulate, then remove the cap and put the exposed print in area that has no airflow, but allows enough dry air to dry the print or you can put it in a large container with some dessicant.

OfflineWormbaby79
Stranger

Re: Problem with making a print!!! [Re: Amuro]
    #1655779 - 06/23/03 02:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The firt batch of spores that come off always have alot of moisture. What you need to do is stick a sterilized straight pin in the top of the cap. So that you can lift it up and down without houching it. When you first set it down for printing wait a few hours. Then take out the print you have made and throw it away. It's too wet and may contain contams left over from the grow chamber. Reset the cap on another sheet of whatever it is you are using to collect the print. Wait and then check it again. If it looks good keep it. If the second print is too wet repeat the process. You dont need very many spores to leave a dark print. And remember one 12 cc syringe can innoculate like 20 half pint jars so don't waste your spores.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Problem with making a print!!! [Re: Wormbaby79]
    #1655898 - 06/23/03 03:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

>>It's too wet and may contain contams left over from the grow chamber.

That's interesting...I've never had any problems with my prints and I never worried about wetness or contams. Just by exposing the print to air before you seal up the print you've exposed it to plenty of other possible contaminants. If the print was a bit wet after lifting the cap (I always printed for 24 hours), I would just put the lid back over the print for a few more hours before sealing it. Never had a problem.

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Problem with making a print!!! [Re: Wormbaby79]
    #1655901 - 06/23/03 03:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

There is really no need to throw away moist prints....
The prints are always moist. That?s, as already noted above, they should be left in the container for a day without the caps to be able to dry out.
It?s a good idea to replace the lid with a clean, thick cloth in that time, so the print has a chance of drying well without the risk of airborne contamination.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Dessicant

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation